Oasis Palms Hotel – Popular and idyllic, though a bit remote.
It is in an isolated part of Wailoaloa and doesn’t face a beach, but those lazing about the sparkling blue pool don’t seem to mind because the staff is so friendly and the setting so pleasant. The rooms are in eye-catching two and three-level brown-and-white blocks. What does vary are the views from the balconies/patios – i.e facing the pool (which is potentially noisy) or the back of another building – and the furnishings, which may include double bunk beds for families. And it’s close enough to the airport to hear the planes (but they are infrequent).
Oasis Palms Hotel – The Basics
- Location: On the main island of Viti Levu. At the far south-western end of Wailoaloa Beach, about 6 km from Nadi town and 9 km from the airport. On foot via the beach, it’s 30 minutes to the cafés and bars along the main strip at Wailoaloa.
- Guests: Seems very much catered towards families on budget-priced holidays.
- Beach: It doesn’t face a beach, and the nearby coastline has no sand. Guests can use the beach at the Club Fiji Resort nearby. The sand there is white, but it’s generally not good for swimming. The views and walks are lovely, however.
- Views: Most rooms face the pool and pockets of palms. Others are in a block to the side, where rooms face inwards towards other rooms.
- WiFi: Complimentary in all rooms and public areas.
- Parking: No shortage of places to park.
- Nice Perks: Free shuttle bus daily to downtown Nadi, and free transfers to/from the airport.
- How to Book: Booking.com will have the best rates.
- Phone: (679) 7777 337
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: oasispalmshotel.com
Oasis Palms Hotel – Amenities
- Pool: A good size, but gets crowded quickly if occupancy is high. Large wooden deck and plenty of shade.
- Spa: A tiny Fijian-style hut in the garden offers massages.
- Fitness Center: Not expected or provided at this sort of resort.
- Private Pools/Jacuzzis: Not expected or provided.
Oasis Palms Hotel – Food and Drink
- Restaurant & Bar: A small café facing the pool serves breakfast, light lunches, and simple meals for dinner. Most guests would eat at the Club Fiji Resort or JB’s nearby (see below). A modest bar offers the usual array of beers and cocktails.
- Breakfast: Adequate continental breakfast included in all rates.
- Room Service: Not expected or provided at a resort of this standard.
Oasis Palms Hotel – Rooms
- Room Types: Bungalow • Poolside Room • Family Garden Room • Family Poolside Room
- Smoking Rooms: Not permitted in the rooms or bar/restaurant area, but allowed elsewhere.
- Best Room: The Poolside Rooms on the top floor offer the best views of the distant mountains and are the furthest from the noisy pool (but perhaps, still not far enough).
Oasis Palms Hotel – What’s Nearby?
Best Nearby Restaurants & Bars
Two excellent choices are only about 200m away:
- The Cosmopolitan Dui Dui Restaurant – At the neighboring Club Fiji Resort, with a truly impressive menu, including Fijian-style curries and traditional lovo (a slow-cooked underground barbecue). Also children’s meals, excellent vegetarian options, amazing desserts, and live music.
- JB’s on the Beach Bar & Pizza Restaurant – In the grounds of the Club Fiji Resort. Upstairs dining for pizza, seafood, beers, and breeze.
- Otherwise, catch a taxi (4 km) to the junction of Queens Road and the road into Wailoaloa, where there are several decent places – including the sophisticated Indian and Thai bar/restaurant, Sitar – and a Burger King.
Nearby Market or Grocery
- Nothing nearby. Catch a taxi to the shops at the junction on Queens Road or to downtown Nadi. Otherwise, walk for 30 minutes via the beach to the modest facilities at Wailoaloa Beach.
- Walkable (30 minutes) via the beach to the main strip at Wailoaloa. Otherwise, taxis are the only way to get around. And order one with a meter.
Oasis Palms Hotel – The Hotel
All Fiji Hotel Reviews
- Aquarius on the Beach
- Bedarra Beach Inn
- Club Fiji Resort
- Club Oceanus
- Fiji Gateway Hotel
- Five Princes Hotel
- Gecko’s Resort
- Grand Pacific Hotel
- Grand West’s Villas
- Holiday Inn Suva
- Hotel Oasis
- Mercure Nadi
- Outrigger Fiji Beach Resort
- Quest Suva
- Radisson Blu Resort Fiji Denarau Island
- Ramada Suites Wailoaloa Beach Fiji
- Sandy Point Beach Cottages
- Shangri-La’s Fijian Resort & Spa
- Sheraton Fiji Resort
- Sheraton Denarau Villas
- Smugglers Cove Beach Resort & Hotel
- Tanoa Plaza Hotel
- The Crow’s Nest Resort
- The Pearl South Pacific Resort
- Tokatoka Resort Hotel
- Tropic of Capricorn
- Uprising Beach Resort
- Wailoaloa Beach Resort
- Westin Denarau Island Resort & Spa