Radisson Blu Resort Fiji – Perfect for families, it is oh-so opulent.
One of several top-notch resorts across Denarau Island, the welcome is immediately embracing with traditional musicians at the lobby. All accommodations are newly refurbished and in nice-looking three-level brown-and-white blocks with shingled roofs and sizable angled balconies with partial sea views through the dense foliage. Spread among the massive grounds, the gorgeous suites feature kitchens, laundry facilities, and up to two bedrooms, while the standard rooms are spacious enough for two doubles. The main lagoon-style pool, with small islands of palms and trickling waterfalls, is exquisite, and there are two more pools for children of different ages. The fourth pool is for adults only. The beach in front is grayish, but only 200m up the cove is one of Fiji’s finest beaches.
Radisson Blu Resort Fiji – The Basics
- Location: On Denarau Island, attached to the main island of Viti Levu. Denarau is a gated complex of upmarket resorts and not really an ‘island’, and it is joined to the mainland and accessible along a 50m-long causeway. About 8 km from downtown Nadi and 15 km from the airport.
- Guests: Overwhelmingly focuses on families. It does cater for adults without kids by providing an adults-only pool and a child-free restaurant.
- Beach: The beach directly in front is fairly uninviting, so simply walk 200m north and use the beach at the Sheraton Resort, one of the best beaches in Fiji. (All beaches in Fiji are open to the public.)
- Views: Almost no room directly faces the ocean. Most face the gardens and lawns.
- WiFi: Free to all guests throughout the hotel complex.
- Parking: No shortage of places to park for free.
- How to Book: Booking.com will have the best rates.
- Phone: (679) 675 6677
- Email: [email protected]
- Website: radissonhotels.com
Radisson Blu Resort Fiji – Amenities
- Pool: There are 4 lagoon-style pools: for adults, for families (with a swim-up bar), for older children, and for toddlers. But they all join into one, so there’s little separation of noise.
- Spa: The Harmony Retreat Day Spa offers treatments using unique Fijian-made lotions.
- Fitness Center: With state-of-the-art equipment, but restrictions up to 17 years old.
- Private Pools/Jacuzzis: None.
- Activities: Watersports counter with free kayak and paddleboard rental. The Denarau Golf & Racquet Club, only 800m from the resort, also has tennis courts.
- For children: The Blu Bananas Kids Club offers a range of activities and a playground. About 900m up the road, the Big Bula Water Park is enjoyed by children of all ages and adults (up to 85 kg).
Radisson Blu Resort Fiji Denarau Island – Food and Drink
- Restaurants: Blu Bar & Grill – On the beach, with live music and Fijian entertainment. Buffet breakfasts for guests (and the public). • Wild Thyme – All vegetarian, with beachfront setting, modern décor, and silver service. Dinners Wednesday to Sunday. Adults only. • Chantara Thai Restaurant – Bistro-style at the lobby, offering broad views, coffee, and other Asian cuisine. • Neptunes – Casual and nicely surrounded by palms. Try the gourmet pizza or fish and chips. Perfect for sunset-watching. • Lomani Wai – Tables within a pool. 3-course dinners while dangling feet in the water. Includes a fire show and ceremony with kava (a strong alcoholic drink).
- Lounges/Bars: Orchid Lounge – Coffee, light meals, cocktails, tapas, and happy hours. • Pool Bar – Claims to be Fiji’s largest, with snacks, cocktails, sunsets, and a swim-up bar.
- Breakfast: Not included but can be when booked. Otherwise, pay when checking in or on the day.
- Room Service: Available 24 hours.
Radisson Blu Resort Fiji – Rooms
- Room Types: Guest Room • One Bedroom Suite • Two Bedroom Suite
- Smoking Rooms: Smoking is allowed on the balconies/patios, but not in the rooms or public areas.
- Best Room: The spacious Suites come with separate living/dining areas, kitchens, laundry facilities, extended balconies/patios, and 1 or 2 bedrooms.
- For families: The standard Guest Rooms can accommodate 1 child and 1 infant, while the Suites with 1 or 2 bedrooms can easily sleep 4 or 6, and feature kitchens and laundry facilities.
Radisson Blu Resort Fiji – What’s Nearby?
Best Nearby Restaurants & Bars
- Within a 4-minute walk north along the road are Bulaccino Café (for coffees, smoothies, pizzas, and vegetarian dishes) and Creperie Café (wraps, crepes, and light meals).
- The Mamacita Mexican Restaurant & Bar at the neighboring Wyndham Resort offers tacos and tequila, and all things in between.
Otherwise, catch the Bula Bus, which passes by every 20 minutes, to Port Denarau and try:
- Indigo Indian Asian Restaurant & Bar – Popular for spicy food, particularly the seafood curries. Vegetarian meals available.
- Lulu’s Bar, Café & Restaurant – For breakfast, daily specials, burgers, people-watching, and cocktails.
Nearby Market or Grocery
- The Lai Lai Minimart is in the hotel complex. Yees Gourmet Deli, north along the road next to Bulaccino, offers an impressive selection of foods and snacks. It’s also a well-stocked general store.
Radisson Blu Resort Fiji – The Hotel
All Fiji Hotel Reviews
- Aquarius on the Beach
- Bedarra Beach Inn
- Club Fiji Resort
- Club Oceanus
- Fiji Gateway Hotel
- Five Princes Hotel
- Gecko’s Resort
- Grand Pacific Hotel
- Grand West’s Villas
- Holiday Inn Suva
- Hotel Oasis
- Mercure Nadi
- Oasis Palms Hotel
- Outrigger Fiji Beach Resort
- Quest Suva
- Ramada Suites Wailoaloa Beach Fiji
- Sandy Point Beach Cottages
- Shangri-La’s Fijian Resort & Spa
- Sheraton Fiji Resort
- Sheraton Denarau Villas
- Smugglers Cove Beach Resort & Hotel
- Tanoa Plaza Hotel
- The Crow’s Nest Resort
- The Pearl South Pacific Resort
- Tokatoka Resort Hotel
- Tropic of Capricorn
- Uprising Beach Resort
- Wailoaloa Beach Resort
- Westin Denarau Island Resort & Spa