Updated: July 16, 2018
Sandy Point Beach Cottages – Modest self-contained cottages, ideal for budget-minded travellers.
Built in 1960, and the antithesis of the omnipotent Outrigger Resort nearby, the handful of basic cottages are well-separated among a manicured lawn of swaying palms. They almost feel like a home (albeit the sort found at a military barracks), with a fully-equipped kitchen, small dining table and space for 1 (or even 2) extra single beds, while the Family Cottage sleeps 5. The beach directly in front is so narrow that it’s almost useless, but only metres away is an undeveloped beach perfect for walks, and the immaculate beach at the neighbouring Outrigger is also public. And the pool is oversized, considering the few guests. It is isolated, however, with no village shops nearby, so come prepared if self-catering.
Sandy Point Beach Cottages – The Basics
- Location: Along the southern coast, in an area known as the Coral Coast, on the main island of Viti Levu. Next to the massive and well-known Outrigger Resort. About 8km from Sigatoka and 77km from Nadi and the airport.
- Guests: Caters for those on a budget, especially anyone driving and keen on self-catering.
- Beach: Almost non-existent in front, but very good at the Outrigger Resort only 100m away.
- Views: Views of the lawns and sea vary because they’re often blocked by palms, or simply too far away.
- Wi-Fi Internet: Not provided.
- Parking: Plenty of secure parking onsite for free.
- Phone: (679) 650 0125
- Email: [email protected]
- Website: www.sandypointcoralcoastfiji.com
Sandy Point Beach Cottages – Amenities
- Pool: With a lovely setting facing the beach, and surprisingly large.
- Spa & Fitness Center: Not expected or provided at this budget-priced hotel.
- Private Pools/Jacuzzis: Not expected or provided.
Sandy Point Beach Cottages – Food and Drink
- Restaurant & Bar: Not expected or provided.
- Breakfast: Not included as guests are expected to make their own breakfast in the cottage’s kitchen.
- Room Service: Not expected or provided.
Sandy Point Beach Cottages – Rooms
- Room Types: 4 cottages sleep 3 or 4 people. The single Family Cottage accommodates 5.
- Smoking Rooms: Not permitted inside the rooms, but allowed outside.
- Best Room: The cottages closest to the sea offer the best views and catch more of the breezes.
Sandy Point Beach Cottages – What’s Nearby?
Restaurants & Bars
There are 3 excellent but expensive restaurants/bars in the mammoth Outrigger Resort, about 100m away via the beach:
- Vale Ni Kana – dinner buffets with a different daily theme, e.g. Fijian, Mexican and Italian. Also buffet breakfast open to the public.
- Sundowner Bar & Grill – beachside with wonderful views. Meals with imported meat and local seafood. Also, a wood-fired pizza.
- Ivi Restaurant – award-winning and intimate. Dinner only. Bookings essential and a dress code applies.
- Beach Bar n Grill Fiji (902 5979) – popular and classy for Fijian, Thai and French cuisine. Dinner only. About 300m via the Outrigger beach.
- Ocean Terrace Restaurant – at the Bedarra Inn, 500m away via the Outrigger beach. Delicious and reasonably-priced seafood, curries, pastas and pizzas. Romantic at night, with occasional live music.
- Market or Grocery: A minimart inside the neighbouring Outrigger Resort. Otherwise, take a bus or taxi to Sigatoka, only 10-15 minutes away.
Just off the main highway. From the bus stop outside the Outrigger Resort, barely 100m away, services head to Suva and Nadi every hour or so, and more regularly to/from Sigatoka.
Sandy Point Beach Cottages – The Hotel
- Best Hotels in Fiji
- Best Family Hotels in Fiji
- Aquarius on the Beach – Review
- Bedarra Beach Inn Fiji – Review
- Club Fiji Resort – Review
- Club Oceanus – Review
- Fiji Gateway Hotel
- Five Princes Hotel – Review
- Gecko’s Resort – Review
- Grand Pacific Hotel – Review
- Grand West’s Villas – Review
- Holiday Inn Suva – Review
- Hotel Oasis – Review
- Mercure Nadi – Review
- Oasis Palms Hotel – Review
- Outrigger Fiji Beach Resort – Review
- Quest Suva – Review
- Radisson Blu Resort Fiji Denarau Island – Review
- Ramada Suites Wailoaloa Beach Fiji – Review
- Shangri-La’s Fijian Resort & Spa – Review
- Sheraton Fiji Resort – Review
- Sheraton Denarau Villas – Review
- Smugglers Cove Beach Resort – Review
- Tanoa Plaza Hotel – Review
- The Crow’s Nest Resort – Review
- The Pearl Resort – Review
- Tokatoka Resort Nadi – Review
- Tropic of Capricorn and Bamboo Tropic – Review
- Uprising Beach Resort – Review
- Wailoaloa Beach Resort – Review
- Westin Denarau Island Resort & Spa – Review