SD › Fiji › Hotels › Sandy Point Beach Cottages Review
Updated: December 9, 2020
Sandy Point Beach Cottages – Modest self-contained cottages, ideal for budget-minded travelers.
Built in 1960, and the antithesis of the omnipotent Outrigger Resort nearby, the handful of basic cottages are well-separated among a manicured lawn with swaying palms. They almost feel like homes, with fully-equipped kitchens, small dining tables, and space for one (or even two) extra single beds, while the Family Cottage sleeps five. The beach directly in front is very narrow, but only meters away is an undeveloped beach perfect for walks, and the immaculate beach at the neighboring Outrigger is also public. And the pool is huge, considering the few guests. It is isolated, however, with no village shops nearby, so come prepared if self-catering.
Sandy Point Beach Cottages – The Basics
- Location: Along the southern coast, in an area known as the Coral Coast, on the main island of Viti Levu. Next to the massive and well-known Outrigger Fiji Beach Resort. About 8 km from Sigatoka and 77 km from Nadi and the airport.
- Guests: Caters for those on a budget, especially anyone driving and keen on self-catering.
- Beach: Almost non-existent in front, but very good at the Outrigger Resort only 100m away.
- Views: Views of the lawns and sea vary because they’re often partially blocked by palms, or are simply too far away.
- WiFi: Not provided.
- Parking: Plenty of secure parking for free.
- How to Book: Book directly by contacting the management.
- Phone: (679) 650 0125
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: sandypointcoralcoastfiji.com
Sandy Point Beach Cottages – Amenities
- Pool: With a lovely setting facing the beach, and surprisingly large.
- Spa & Fitness Center: Not expected or provided at this budget-priced hotel.
- Private Pools/Jacuzzis: Not available.
Sandy Point Beach Cottages – Food and Drink
- Restaurant & Bar: Not expected or provided.
- Breakfast: Not included as guests are expected to cook breakfast in their cottage’s kitchen.
- Room Service: No room service.
Sandy Point Beach Cottages – Rooms
- Room Types: 4 cottages sleep 3 or 4 people. The single Family Cottage accommodates 5.
- Smoking Rooms: Not permitted inside the rooms, but allowed outside.
- Best Room: The cottages closest to the sea offer the best views and catch more of the breeze.
Sandy Point Beach Cottages – What’s Nearby?
Best Nearby Restaurants & Bars
There are 3 excellent but expensive restaurants/bars in the mammoth Outrigger Resort, about 100m away via the beach:
- Vale Ni Kana – Dinner buffets with a different theme daily, e.g. Fijian, Mexican, and Italian. Also, buffet breakfast open to the public.
- Sundowner Bar & Grill – Beachside with wonderful views. Meals with imported meat and local seafood. Also, wood-fired pizzas.
- Ivi Restaurant – Award-winning and intimate. Dinner only. Bookings essential and a dress code applies.
- Beach Bar n Grill Fiji – Popular and classy for Fijian, Thai, and French cuisine. Dinner only. About 300m via the Outrigger beach.
- Ocean Terrace Restaurant – At the Bedarra Beach Inn, 500m away via the Outrigger beach. Delicious and reasonably-priced seafood, curries, pastas, and pizzas. Romantic at night, with occasional live music.
Nearby Market or Grocery
- A minimart is inside the neighboring Outrigger Resort. Otherwise, take a bus or taxi to Sigatoka, only 10-15 minutes away.
- Just off the main highway. From the bus stop outside the Outrigger Resort, services head to Suva and Nadi every hour or so, and more regularly to/from Sigatoka.
Sandy Point Beach Cottages – The Hotel
All Fiji Hotel Reviews
- Aquarius on the Beach
- Bedarra Beach Inn
- Club Fiji Resort
- Club Oceanus
- Fiji Gateway Hotel
- Five Princes Hotel
- Gecko’s Resort
- Grand Pacific Hotel
- Grand West’s Villas
- Holiday Inn Suva
- Hotel Oasis
- Mercure Nadi
- Oasis Palms Hotel
- Outrigger Fiji Beach Resort
- Quest Suva
- Radisson Blu Resort Fiji Denarau Island
- Ramada Suites Wailoaloa Beach Fiji
- Shangri-La’s Fijian Resort & Spa
- Sheraton Fiji Resort
- Sheraton Denarau Villas
- Smugglers Cove Beach Resort & Hotel
- Tanoa Plaza Hotel
- The Crow’s Nest Resort
- The Pearl South Pacific Resort
- Tokatoka Resort Hotel
- Tropic of Capricorn
- Uprising Beach Resort
- Wailoaloa Beach Resort
- Westin Denarau Island Resort & Spa
- Fiji Travel Guide
- Best Hotels in Fiji
- Best Family Hotels in Fiji
- Where to Stay in Fiji
- Best Time to Visit Fiji
Get All New Content• My Travel Newsletter