SD › Fiji › Hotels › Shangri-La’s Fijian Resort & Spa Review
Updated: December 10, 2020
Shangri-La’s Fijian Resort & Spa – Unparalleled opulence in a unique island setting.
Scattered around an accessible private island, this truly extraordinary resort is vast enough for guests to need maps and the staff to use buggies. The Lagoon Wing is a likably dusty-brown-and-white three-level block facing a manicured lawn with swaying palms and a distant beach dotted with kayaks and lounge chairs. These rooms are compact but the balconies/patios are sizable. Several better options are available including suites and bures (bungalows). In the far-off adults-only section, accommodations are in similar blocks or separate bures, and the bar, restaurant, spa, and infinity pool are also child-free. The beach in the family section is flawless. Adding to the attractions are the endless activities, including a golf course and water sports (some for free). On an island accessible along a short causeway, the resort is isolated, but with so many bistros, bars, and boutiques, few guests seem to care.
Shangri-La’s Fijian Resort & Spa – The Basics
- Location: On Yanuca, a private island, attached to the coastal highway by a 100m-long causeway, on the main island of Viti Levu. About 55 km from downtown Nadi, 60 km from the airport, and 12 km from Sigatoka, a pleasant regional center.
- Guests: Obviously for those with money to spare, but also caters exceptionally well to families. Those who don’t want to share their holiday with someone else’s kids are also welcome.
- Beach: Perfect beach in the family section; less appealing in the adults-only part.
- Views: Almost all rooms have views of the sea, although at a distance, with finer views from the upper floors.
- WiFi: Available free throughout, although may not work in the remote almost-jungle-like sections of the island.
- Parking: Plenty of secure parking for free near the lobby.
- Nice Perks: Mobile check-in, and separate check-in at the adults-only section.
- How to Book: Booking.com will have the best rates.
- Phone: (679) 652 0155
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: shangri-la.com
Shangri-La’s Fijian Resort & Spa – Amenities
- Pool: Three pools. One for families, with splash areas for the younger ones; another smaller pool attached to a separate wing; and a third infinity pool is strictly adults only.
- Spa: Chi, The Spa at Shangri-La is sophisticated and pricey. In an elegant setting, it uses Fijian-made lotions and traditional techniques.
- Fitness Center: The Health Club is fairly modest but decent enough.
- Private Pools/Jacuzzis: None.
- Activities: Games room with ping pong and pool tables. Free non-motorized water sports and bicycle hire. Flood-lit tennis courts, golf course, mini-golf, putting greens, basketball court, and petanque.
Shangri-La’s Fijian Resort & Spa – Food and Drink
- Restaurants: Beach Bar & Grill – Stunning setting facing the beach and pool. Seafood, steaks, and pizzas. The best place to try Fijian food. • Golden Cowrie Restaurant & Lounge – Classy harborside position with seating inside and out. Specializes in Italian food. Adults only for breakfast, but all are welcome for dinner. • Lagoon Terrace Restaurant – Themed buffets most nights and watch-the-cook-sizzle sections. Family-friendly, with a separate children’s area. Buffet breakfast. Not open for lunch. • Takali Terrace – Romantic and seaside. All-day dining specializing in Asian food. Buffets on some nights.
- Lounges/Bars: Bilo Bar – Ideal for pre-dinner cocktails, wines, and sunsets. Happy hours and late closing. • Black Marlin Bar – Live music or DJs every night. Happening place with happy hours. From 5 pm to late.
- Breakfast: Surprisingly, a vast buffet breakfast is included in all rates.
- Room Service: Available 24 hours, but depends on how far the room is from the kitchen.
Shangri-La’s Fijian Resort & Spa – Rooms
- Room Types: Yanuca Lagoon Deluxe (and Grand Deluxe) Room • Yanuca Lagoon Terrace (and Grand Deluxe) Room • Ocean Deluxe (and Grand Deluxe) Room • Reef Deluxe (and Grand Deluxe) Room • Ocean Terrace Room • Yanuca Lagoon Suite • Yanuca Lagoon Bure (bungalow) • Reef Bure • Reef Suite
- Smoking Rooms: Smoking is not allowed in the rooms or restaurants/bars, but permitted elsewhere.
- Best Room: The oh-so stylish Reef Suites radiates a lovable ambience. The rooms are so spacious and the views so stupendous, and the marble bathrooms and extended balconies add to the allure.
- For families: Most rooms can squeeze in at least 1 extra single bed, and many rooms have connecting doors. Families are actively encouraged with activities, free children’s meals, and packaged deals.
Shangri-La’s Fijian Resort & Spa – What’s Nearby?
Best Nearby Restaurant & Bar
Only 1 modest café is within walking distance:
- Gecko’s Restaurant – In the low-key resort of the same name. Affordable, with a bar and Fire & Dance shows on weekends.
Nearby Market or Grocery
- A minimart, bottle shop, and plenty of boutiques are within the hotel complex, and a well-stocked general store is at the Gecko’s Resort, just across the road from the causeway. Otherwise, the regional center of Sigatoka has plenty of supplies. It is 20 minutes by local bus; quicker by taxi.
- The entrance is just off the coastal highway between Suva and Nadi, with buses every hour or so in both directions. More regular buses (and unmetered taxis) head to the pleasant town of Sigatoka, about 12 km away.
Shangri-La’s Fijian Resort & Spa – The Hotel
All Fiji Hotel Reviews
- Aquarius on the Beach
- Bedarra Beach Inn
- Club Fiji Resort
- Club Oceanus
- Fiji Gateway Hotel
- Five Princes Hotel
- Gecko’s Resort
- Grand Pacific Hotel
- Grand West’s Villas
- Holiday Inn Suva
- Hotel Oasis
- Mercure Nadi
- Oasis Palms Hotel
- Outrigger Fiji Beach Resort
- Quest Suva
- Radisson Blu Resort Fiji Denarau Island
- Ramada Suites Wailoaloa Beach Fiji
- Sandy Point Beach Cottages
- Sheraton Fiji Resort
- Sheraton Denarau Villas
- Smugglers Cove Beach Resort & Hotel
- Tanoa Plaza Hotel
- The Crow’s Nest Resort
- The Pearl South Pacific Resort
- Tokatoka Resort Hotel
- Tropic of Capricorn
- Uprising Beach Resort
- Wailoaloa Beach Resort
- Westin Denarau Island Resort & Spa
- Fiji Travel Guide
- Best Hotels in Fiji
- Best Family Hotels in Fiji
- Where to Stay in Fiji
- Best Time to Visit Fiji
Get All New Content• My Travel Newsletter