Sheraton Denarau Villas – Divine setting and dazzling facilities, mostly for adults.
On the ritzy gated island of Denarau, these two and three-bedroom villas with full kitchens are in eye-catching three-level blocks featuring an unusual but likable Fijian design of shingled roofs and whitewashed walls. The Seafront Villas are roomy and boast magnificent views, but most other types of villas face the extended twin-level pool. And the other pool has infinity edges that seem to drift into the sea. The only drawback is the lack of a serviceable beach directly in front – but a scenic cove of white sand and blue water commandeered by the sister Sheraton Resort is just a couple of minutes away.
Sheraton Denarau Villas – The Basics
- Location: On Denarau Island, attached to the main island of Viti Levu. Denarau is a gated complex of upmarket resorts and not really an ‘island’, and is joined to the mainland and accessible along a 50m-long causeway. About 7 km from downtown Nadi and 14 km from the airport.
- Guests: Seems to appeal more to couples and older guests, although children are welcome. Families are better catered for at the neighboring Sheraton Fiji Resort.
- Beach: The beach directly in front is just a long line of imported rocks, but an exquisite beach is within 200m at the Sheraton Resort next door.
- Views: Most villas face the lawns, gardens, and/or pools. A few feature sea views, but these may be a little distant or partially blocked by mounds or palms.
- WiFi: Free for all guests throughout the resort.
- Parking: Always somewhere for guests to park at no cost.
- Nice Perks: Guests can use the facilities in the adjoining and associated Sheraton and Westin resorts.
- How to Book: Booking.com will have the best rates.
- Phone: (679) 675 9999
- Email: [email protected]
- Website: marriott.com
Sheraton Denarau Villas – Amenities
- Pools: There are 2 – a twin-level pool alongside the villas and another infinity pool right at the beach with a swim-up bar.
- Spa: Guests can use the award-wining and sophisticated Heavenly Spa at the neighboring and associated Westin Resort. Serene and romantic, it offers a steam room, jacuzzi, and hydrotherapy tub.
- Fitness Center: Guests can use the Workout Fitness Studio at the Westin Resort.
- Private Pools/Jacuzzis: None.
- Activities: The water sports counter is at the Sheraton Resort next door. The Denarau Golf & Racquet Club, about 1.2 km from the resort and accessible by bus, also has tennis courts.
- For children: There’s a playground at the neighboring Westin Resort, and another at the Sheraton Resort, which also has the LaiLai Kids Club with many activities for the young ones. And just across the road is the Big Bula Water Park, enjoyed as much by adults (up to 85 kg) as children.
Sheraton Denarau Villas – Food and Drink
- Restaurant & Bar: There is only 1 restaurant because guests can also eat at the sister Sheraton and Westin resorts next door (see below). The open-air Wet Edge café faces the beach and pool (with swim-up bar) and is surrounded by palms. Offers an extensive menu and children’s meals.
- Breakfast: Not included in the rates, but ask about discounted buffet breakfasts.
- Room Service: Available 24 hours a day.
Sheraton Denarau Villas – Rooms
- Room Types: 2 Bedroom Garden Villa • 2 Bedroom Lagoon Villa • 2 Bedroom Seafront Villa • 3 Bedroom Seafront Loft Villa
- Smoking Rooms: No smoking in any rooms or public areas, but okay in the gardens or on the beach.
- Best Room: The magnificent Seafront Villas, with 2 or 3 bedrooms, face the ocean and infinity pool. Those with 3 bedrooms are on the third floor for prime views, and feature huge living/dining areas and lofts with the master bedrooms and second bathrooms.
- For families: Villas feature fully-equipped kitchens and 2 bedrooms (sleeping up to 6) or 3 bedrooms (sleeping up to 8).
Sheraton Denarau Villas – What’s Nearby?
Restaurants & Bars
- The resort encourages guests to eat and drink at the associated and adjoining Sheraton and Westin resorts, which feature: Kitchen Grill (seafood and steaks on the beach), Zing (fusion Asian for dinner only), Flying Fish Restaurant Fiji (seafood, Fijian cuisine, high prices, and live music), and Ports O’Call (affordable seafood and steaks with a charming ocean-liner décor).
- Along the main road are Bulaccino Café (for coffees, smoothies, pizzas, and vegetarian options) and Creperie Café (crepes, wraps, and light meals).
Otherwise, catch the Bula Bus, which passes by every 20 minutes, to Port Denarau for:
- Bonefish Seafood Restaurant – Casual, with excellent service and hearty portions. Try the Crab Curry or seafood platters.
- Indigo Indian Asian Restaurant & Bar – Popular for spicy food, including seafood curries. Vegetarian meals available.
- Cardo’s Fiji – Steak and seafood. Large lobsters a specialty. Also, burgers and pizzas.
Nearby Market or Grocery
- Next to Bulaccino, a minute’s walk along the main road is Yees Gourmet Deli, with an impressive selection of foods, snacks, and other daily needs.
Sheraton Denarau Villas – The Hotel
All Fiji Hotel Reviews
- Aquarius on the Beach
- Bedarra Beach Inn
- Club Fiji Resort
- Club Oceanus
- Fiji Gateway Hotel
- Five Princes Hotel
- Gecko’s Resort
- Grand Pacific Hotel
- Grand West’s Villas
- Holiday Inn Suva
- Hotel Oasis
- Mercure Nadi
- Oasis Palms Hotel
- Outrigger Fiji Beach Resort
- Quest Suva
- Radisson Blu Resort Fiji Denarau Island
- Ramada Suites Wailoaloa Beach Fiji
- Sandy Point Beach Cottages
- Shangri-La’s Fijian Resort & Spa
- Sheraton Fiji Resort
- Smugglers Cove Beach Resort & Hotel
- Tanoa Plaza Hotel
- The Crow’s Nest Resort
- The Pearl South Pacific Resort
- Tokatoka Resort Hotel
- Tropic of Capricorn
- Uprising Beach Resort
- Wailoaloa Beach Resort
- Westin Denarau Island Resort & Spa