SD › Fiji › Hotels › Tanoa Plaza Hotel Review
Updated: December 10, 2020
Tanoa Plaza Hotel – Practical, handy, prime views, and good value.
Very appealing, the Tanoa is one of a chain across the South Pacific offering functional motel-style rooms. As a centrally-located high-rise, many rooms offer a lovely combination of views of the city streets as well as glimpses of the harbor. The Executive Suites are spacious, with a pleasant Fijian décor (e.g. bamboo furniture), marble bathrooms, Futon-style beds, and superb views from the tiny balconies and curved full-length windows. And with connecting doors, these are excellent for families. The Deluxe Rooms are compact, but the views are equally alluring. Other attractions are the lobby packed with Fijian art, friendly staff, and inclusion of breakfast. With a leafy suburban feel, it’s only a block from the main road, with several shops, cafés, and bars.
Tanoa Plaza Hotel – The Basics
- Location: In Suva, on the main island of Viti Levu. Corner of Gordon and Malcolm streets. 1-minute walk up from the main road, Victoria Parade – turn up at the TOTAL Petrol station. About 30 minutes by taxi from the international Nausori Airport.
- Guests: Mainly caters for business people and those on a budget looking for value rather than resort facilities.
- Beach: There is no beach anywhere in or around Suva. The nearest is at Pacific Harbour, about 50 km to the west, and not too far for a day trip by bus.
- Views: Appealing views of the town and distant harbor.
- WiFi: Free for all guests if booked directly through the hotel. Otherwise, there may be a charge.
- Parking: Free parking for all guests.
- How to Book: Booking.com will have the best rates.
- Phone: (679) 331 2300
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: tanoahotels.com
Tanoa Plaza Hotel – Amenities
- Pool: Small and lacks shade, but other places of this standard have no pool, so enjoy.
- Spa & Fitness Center: Not expected or provided at this standard of hotel.
- Private Pools/Jacuzzis: None.
Tanoa Plaza Hotel – Food and Drink
- Restaurant & Bar: Recently renovated, the Zest Bar & Restaurant provides a likable ground-floor setting. Open all day, it’s renowned locally for buffet lunches, coffee, and desserts.
- Breakfast: Unusually, breakfast is included in some rates.
- Room Service: Not available.
Tanoa Plaza Hotel – Rooms
- Room Types: Superior Room • Deluxe Room • Executive Suite
- Smoking Rooms: The hotel has a strict no smoking policy throughout the buildings and gardens.
- Best Room: The Executive Suites feature king-sized beds and large balconies with views of the city and/or glimpses of the harbor. The marble bathrooms with jacuzzis and separate living areas add to the appeal.
Tanoa Plaza Hotel – What’s Nearby?
Restaurants & Bars
- Mad House BBQ & Grill – DIY Korean-style grills on the table, with outdoor seats and a colonial-era wooden building. About 250m north on Gordon Street.
- Yellow Chilli – Always busy for delicious Indian food. Small and unassuming, come early for a table. On Carnarvon Street, 1 block towards the sea from the hotel.
- Sirocco – A classy airy bistro at the Holiday Inn Suva. Great for buffet lunches. About 300m down Victoria Parade.
- Café Noir – Comparatively classy Mediterranean-style bistro, 200m away. Almost on the corner of Victoria Parade and Macarthur Street.
- Bad Dog Cafe – Almost alongside Café Noir. Corner setting with views, excellent western food, and nightly specials. Imported beers and wines.
Nearby Market or Grocery
- The main road – Victoria Parade – is lined with minimarts for basic supplies. Otherwise, about 15 minutes on foot north along Victoria Parade is downtown Suva, with supermarkets and malls.
- Local buses head along Victoria Parade, 1 block towards the sea from the hotel, to central Suva for better shops, and the main bus station for services all over the island. Otherwise, there are plenty of metered taxis.
Tanoa Plaza Hotel – The Hotel
All Fiji Hotel Reviews
- Aquarius on the Beach
- Bedarra Beach Inn
- Club Fiji Resort
- Club Oceanus
- Fiji Gateway Hotel
- Five Princes Hotel
- Gecko’s Resort
- Grand Pacific Hotel
- Grand West’s Villas
- Holiday Inn Suva
- Hotel Oasis
- Mercure Nadi
- Oasis Palms Hotel
- Outrigger Fiji Beach Resort
- Quest Suva
- Radisson Blu Resort Fiji Denarau Island
- Ramada Suites Wailoaloa Beach Fiji
- Sandy Point Beach Cottages
- Shangri-La’s Fijian Resort & Spa
- Sheraton Fiji Resort
- Sheraton Denarau Villas
- Smugglers Cove Beach Resort & Hotel
- The Crow’s Nest Resort
- The Pearl South Pacific Resort
- Tokatoka Resort Hotel
- Tropic of Capricorn
- Uprising Beach Resort
- Wailoaloa Beach Resort
- Westin Denarau Island Resort & Spa
- Fiji Travel Guide
- Best Hotels in Fiji
- Best Family Hotels in Fiji
- Where to Stay in Fiji
- Best Time to Visit Fiji
Get All New Content• My Travel Newsletter