Westin Denarau Island Resort & Spa – Spacious, spectacular, serene, and seaside.
Facing a beautiful bay of islets, the Westin is so vast that rooms are allotted into ‘villages’ in two-level blocks and spread among gloriously landscaped tropical gardens that include a bowling green and outdoor theater for traditional entertainment. Most face the sea, while others are more distant but angled to catch glimpses of the ocean. With hand-woven art hanging on the walls, the décor is more traditional than at other resorts. Beautifully set alongside the beach, the pool never seems to end and features jacuzzis, thatched huts, and ‘islands’ of palms. A perfect cove of white sand is in front of the associated Sheraton Resort only a few minutes away.
Westin Denarau Island Resort & Spa – The Basics
- Location: On Denarau Island, attached to the main island of Viti Levu. Denarau is a gated complex of upmarket resorts and not really an island, and is joined to the mainland and accessible along a 50m-long causeway. About 7 km from downtown Nadi and 14 km from the airport.
- Guests: Focuses almost entirely on families.
- Beach: There is no beach at the resort, so use the one at the sister Sheraton Resort, 500m away. This beach is one of the finest in Fiji, with white sand and calm water that is ideal for kayaking and swimming.
- Views: Many have views of the sea (sometimes as little as 20m away), while others face the lawns and gardens. More likely to get a nice sea view at this resort than most others in Denarau.
- WiFi: Available free throughout for guests.
- Parking: Plenty of spaces to park for free.
- Nice Perks: Guests can use all the facilities at the adjoining and associated Sheraton Villas and Sheraton Resort.
- How to Book: Booking.com will have the best rates.
- Phone: (679) 675 0000
- Email: [email protected]
- Website: marriott.com
Westin Denarau Island Resort & Spa – Amenities
- Pool: The gorgeous elongated pool parallels the beach and has a children’s area attached.
- Spa: The award-winning Heavenly Spa by Westin is serene and romantic, and offers a steam room, jacuzzi, and hydrotherapy tub.
- Fitness Center: In a Fijian-style bure (bungalow) and overlooking the pool, the Westin WORKOUT Fitness Studio has all the latest equipment.
- Private Pools/Jacuzzis: None.
- Activities: The Denarau Golf & Racquet Club, about 1.4 km from the resort and accessible by bus, also has tennis courts. There is a water sports counter at the Sheraton Resort.
- For families: There is a decent playground at the Westin and another (not as good) at the Sheraton Resort, which also has the LaiLai Kids Club, with many activities for the young ones. Just across the road is the Big Bula Water Park, enjoyed by adults (up to 85 kg) and children alike.
Westin Denarau Island Resort & Spa – Food and Drink
- Restaurants & Bars: Kitchen Grill – Contemporary cuisine in a top-notch beachside setting. Guests can watch steaks sizzle (among other meals) in the open-plan kitchen. Also, plenty of wines and cocktails, and vegetables from their organic Westin Farm. Children’s menus available. • Ocean Terrace – Buffet breakfasts only, overlooking the sea. • Zing – Same place as the Ocean Terrace, but a different name at dinner time. Asian fusion, with a focus on Indian and Chinese. Children welcome.
- Breakfast: Not included in the rates, but an excellent buffet breakfast is available for comparatively low rates.
- Room Service: Available 24 hours a day.
Westin Denarau Island Resort & Spa – Rooms
- Room Types: Tropical Garden View Room • Ocean Breeze Room • Ocean View Room • Ocean Front Room • Ocean Front Suite • Westin Renewal Spa Studio • Westin Renewal Spa Suite • Regent and Royal Suite
- Smoking Rooms: No smoking is allowed in the rooms, but is permitted in the gardens and on the beach.
- Best Room: The Regent and Royal Suites are chic, opulent, and very big – e.g. the dining tables seat 8, but the suites sleep only 2. The kitchenettes, separate living areas, and extensive balconies with million-dollar views add to the appeal.
- For families: All rooms (but not the suites) fit in 2 adults and 2 children reasonably easily.
Westin Denarau Island Resort & Spa – What’s Nearby?
Best Nearby Restaurants & Bars
- The resort encourages guests to eat and drink at the associated and adjoining Sheraton Denarau Villas and Sheraton Resort, which feature restaurants such as Wet Edge (for casual poolside dining), Flying Fish Restaurant Fiji (seafood, Fijian cuisine, high prices, and live music), and Ports O’Call (more affordable seafood and steaks, with charming ocean-liner décor).
- Within a 5-minute walk along the road is Bulaccino Café (for coffees, smoothies, pizzas, and vegetarian options) and Creperie Café (wraps, crepes, and light meals).
Otherwise, catch the Bula Bus, which passes by every 20 minutes, to Port Denarau and try:
- Indigo Indian Asian Restaurant & Bar – Popular for spicy food, including seafood curries. Vegetarian meals available.
- Bonefish Seafood Restaurant – Casual, with excellent service and hearty portions. Try the Crab Curry or seafood platters.
- Lulu’s Bar, Café & Restaurant – Breakfast, daily specials, burgers, people-watching, and cocktails.
Nearby Market or Grocery
- Yees Gourmet Deli, a 2-minute walk along the road, offers an impressive selection of foods and snacks. It is also a well-stocked general store.
Westin Denarau Island Resort & Spa – The Hotel
All Fiji Hotel Reviews
- Aquarius on the Beach
- Bedarra Beach Inn
- Club Fiji Resort
- Club Oceanus
- Fiji Gateway Hotel
- Five Princes Hotel
- Gecko’s Resort
- Grand Pacific Hotel
- Grand West’s Villas
- Holiday Inn Suva
- Hotel Oasis
- Mercure Nadi
- Oasis Palms Hotel
- Outrigger Fiji Beach Resort
- Quest Suva
- Radisson Blu Resort Fiji Denarau Island
- Ramada Suites Wailoaloa Beach Fiji
- Sandy Point Beach Cottages
- Shangri-La’s Fijian Resort & Spa
- Sheraton Fiji Resort
- Sheraton Denarau Villas
- Smugglers Cove Beach Resort & Hotel
- Tanoa Plaza Hotel
- The Crow’s Nest Resort
- The Pearl South Pacific Resort
- Tokatoka Resort Hotel
- Tropic of Capricorn
- Uprising Beach Resort
- Wailoaloa Beach Resort