by Santorini Dave • Updated: February 15, 2019
See Also: The Best Hotels in Bali
Four Seasons Resort Bali at Jimbaran Bay – Tranquility and faultless opulence in one of Bali’s premier locations.
Cascading down an extensive hillside facing the sea, villas are only accessible along steps and cobblestone paths through ornate tropical gardens. All are very spacious and sumptuous with a subtle Balinese décor, stunning bathroom, and abundant windows to maximize the sublime views of the curved Jimbaran Bay and its famed sunsets. Each villa boasts a private pool (with a gazebo and extensive decking), and the infinity edges of the private pools and the main pool blur into the horizon. Although only five minutes on foot from Jimbaran, the access road and paths around the grounds are steep, so buggies are available. These can also whisk guests to the private beach and renowned seafood cafés nearby.
Four Seasons Resort Bali at Jimbaran Bay – The Location
- Address: At the far southern end of Jimbaran, a surprisingly quiet region just south of the airport.
- Area: Between the cliffs and steepish road, so no beach directly in front, but only a short stroll down to the sea and beachside cafés and bars.
- How to Get There: The only way to/from the airport is by metered taxi or chartered car with a driver. This takes about 18 minutes, depending on traffic.
- Handy to: Cafés on the sand for seafood dinners at sunset.
Four Seasons Resort Bali at Jimbaran Bay – The Basics
- Guests: Caters well for all but with the exquisite setting and lofty rates, many guests seem to be couples over 40.
- Kids Club: The Jimba Club offers a decent range of activities, including treasure hunts, kite-flying, coconut bowling, and crab hunting.
- Beach: The beach at Jimbaran is one of Bali’s finest: curved with calm waters and white sand, and often uncrowded. Only 5 minutes on foot (less by resort buggy), the private Coconut Grove Beach is also superb with shady trees and abundant water-sports.
- Views: Many views of the sea and curved Jimbaran Bay are partially obstructed by other villas. Vistas are even more extraordinary at night: hundreds of tables spread along the beach with twinkling candles.
- Kitchen: Larger villas feature a kitchen as well as a dining/living area.
- Private Pools/Jacuzzis: The resort only offers villas, each with an infinity pool.
- Extras: Water-sports. Balinese dance/music performances. Free transfers around Jimbaran. And ask about free local tours.
- Wi-Fi: Often included in rates but double-check when booking.
- Parking: Enough free and secure spots can be found on-site but think long and hard before driving anywhere in Bali.
- How to Book: Booking.com will have the best rates.
- Phone: (0)361 701 010
- Email: Send a message through the website: contact_us.html
- Website: fourseasons.com/jimbaranbay/
Four Seasons Resort Bali at Jimbaran Bay – Amenities
- Pool: The main pool boasts one of the most sublime positions anywhere in Bali, with infinity edges that seem to blend into the horizon.
- Spa: The Healing Villas Spa is as exquisite as imagined, offering a very long list of treatments. Yoga and meditation classes also available.
- Fitness Center: State-of-the-art equipment with personal trainers available.
- For Families: Children’s menu at the restaurant. Free baby-sitting. Balinese dance classes. Temple tours. Beach games. Cots.
- Activities: Cooking classes. Water-sports. Surfing. Tennis Court.
- Other Facilities: Ganesha Cultural Center and art gallery.
Four Seasons Resort Bali at Jimbaran Bay – Food and Drink
- Restaurants & Bars: Taman Wantilan – Watch seafood and Asian cuisine sizzle in the open-plan cooking areas, admire the traditional setting, or gasp at the unrivalled bay views. Breakfast and dinner only. • Pool Terrace Café – Alongside the pool and facing the sea for casual meals such as salads and sandwiches all day. • Sundara Beach Club – Few minutes’ walk (less by resort buggy). Perfect beach, lovely pool, live music, all-day tapas, and romantic dinners at sunset.
- Breakfast: Not normally included and can be paid for when booking.
- Room Service: Available all day and night and a personal butler also available 24/7.
Four Seasons Resort Bali at Jimbaran Bay – Rooms
- Room Types: Deluxe Villas • Premier Ocean Villas (1 or 2 bedrooms) • Jimbaran Bay Villas (1 or 2 bedrooms) • Garden Villas (1 or 2 bedrooms) • Imperial Three Bedroom Villas • Royal Villas • Family Premier Villas
- Smoking Rooms: Fairly strict about smoking. Ask at reception about dedicated areas.
- Best Room: The Royal Villas are very spacious and luxurious, with an infinity pool that seems to merge with the horizon. Higher up the hill for less obstructed bay views.
- For Families: Each villa has a daybed that can convert to a single bed, while another single can also be squeezed in. Some villas have connecting doors, while others have 2 or 3 bedrooms. With a special children’s bedroom, the Family Premier Villas are ideal for a family of 4.
Four Seasons Resort Bali at Jimbaran Bay – Local Transport
- Walking & Cycling: With flat roads and less traffic than other regions, walking around Jimbaran is pleasant – and often quicker via the beach than the road. Cycling is also easy, but the road immediately outside the resort gates is steep. Ask at the hotel about bike rentals.
- Public Transport & Shuttle Buses: In lieu of any public transport, the Kura-Kura Bus company links Jimbaran with Ubud and the rest of southern Bali, but schedules are convoluted and routes confusing. Shuttle bus companies (e.g. Perama) that service Kuta and Sanur don’t bother coming to Jimbaran.
- Cars, Motorbikes, & Taxis: Taxis ply the main road and are a cheap and comfortable way to reach anywhere in southern Bali. For longer distances, charter a car with a driver. Driving a car is not recommended anywhere in Bali, nor is hiring a motorbike for traveling around this part of the south. All transport options can be arranged at the hotel.
Four Seasons Resort Bali at Jimbaran Bay – What’s Nearby?
Restaurants & Bars
- About 650m down the road (8-minute walk) are a cluster of about 15 seafood cafés in the area known as Muaya Beach. (See Attractions below.)
- Just before this cluster, a couple of low-key cafés facing the sand down the road include White Sands Beach House (7-minute walk) and JWB Pizza (7-minute walk).
- And almost hidden within the Karma Jimbaran villas, about 350m down the road (4-minute walk), is an excellent restaurant, The Bay, with live music most nights.
Shops & Markets
- A highlight of any trip to Bali is dinner at sunset on the sand in Jimbaran. With wandering musicians, fireworks, and traditional dances, this should not be missed. Cafés set up from 4 pm at several places along the beach (including Muaya Beach, 650m down the road, 8-minute walk), but most are also open all day. Menus overwhelmingly focus on seafood but other meals are available.