Le Grand Hôtel du Palais Royal is a boutique hotel hidden just off the Palais Royale in the 1st arrondissement. The 68 rooms and suites in this 18th-century property have a crisp and elegant (but not stuffy) appeal; successfully blending traditional and contemporary furnishings – some have amazing views and private balconies. There’s an excellent in-house restaurant and bar, and spa with Turkish bath. The extra attentive concierge and valet team are top-notch. Great for a romantic getaway or a family sightseeing trip, Grand Hotel du Palais Royal is walking distance to the Louvre, Tuileries Gardens and other major sites.
Le Grand Hôtel du Palais Royal – The Basics
- Location: In the heart of Paris’ 1st arrondissement, on a quiet side street near the a beautiful Jardin du Palais-Royal. Just around the corner from the Louvre Museum and Tuileries Gardens, amid luxury shops and great restaurants. The nearest Metro station is Palais Royal-Musée du Louvre, just one block away.
- Ages: This hotel is very family friendly. Children are offered toys, treats, and activities, as well as “Little Prince” themed toiletries, robes, and slippers. Cribs, changing mats, bottle warmers, baby baths, and high chairs are all provided. Toy box, PlayStation, DVD player, and scooters are available to borrow on request. There is a dedicated kids’ play room at the hotel, and there are children’s menus at the restaurant, bar, and for room service. Connecting rooms and extra beds are available, and babysitting services can be arranged through the concierge.
- Pet Policy: Extremely pet-friendly. Dogs and cats are given lamb or chicken mini-cupcakes upon arrival, and provided with bowls, bottled water, a pet cushion, and a special welcome note. There is a fee of €35 per pet, per night.
- View: Excellent views of the Eiffel Tower, Louvre, Sacré-Coeur, Opéra Garnier, Palais Royal, and rooftops of the city – especially from the Prestige, Palais Royale, and Panoramic Suites.
- Wi-Fi Internet: Complimentary WiFi.
- Parking: No on-site parking. Secured public parking is available nearby for €40/day. (No reservation necessary)
- Nice Perks: Free daily newspaper. Atelier Cologne bath amenities.
- Phone: +33 1 42 96 15 35
- Email: [email protected]
- When To Book: Book months in advance, especially during the busy travel times of April to October, and December.
- How To Book: Booking.com will have the best rates. Use the website specific to your language, currency, and home-country for easiest use: UK • USA • Français • Deutsch • Nederlands.
Grand Hôtel du Palais Royal – Amenities
- Pool: No pool.
- Spa: The hotel’s Carita Spa features two treatment rooms (one can accommodate two guests), beauty salon, Turkish bath, and fitness center. The spa menu includes facial and body treatments, waxing, manicures and pedicures, and hairdressing. Open daily from 7am to 11pm.
- Fitness Center: Small 24-hour fitness center with Technogym-brand Kinesis, elliptical trainer, treadmill, and barbells. Private fitness coaching is available on request. The large mosiac-lined Turkish bath is open daily from 9am to 10pm.
- Private Pools/Jacuzzis: None.
Grand Hotel du Palais Royal – Food and Drink
- Restaurant: Le Lulli Restaurant serves modern, seasonal French cuisine. Open for lunch only.
- Lounge/Bar: Bar du Lulli serves hand-crafted cocktails, spirits, beer, and wine from 11am to midnight daily. The bar menu offers lunch and dinner items – croque-monsieur, salad Caesar, club sandwich, burger, and charcuterie and cheese plates – from 11am to 11pm.
- Breakfast: An American-style breakfast buffet is available for an additional fee. 7am to 10:30am daily.
- Room Service: Available 24 hours.
Grand Hôtel du Palais Royal – Rooms
- Room Types: Superior • Deluxe • Junior Suite • Prestige Suite • Palais Royal Suite • Panoramic Suite • List of all rooms
- Smoking Rooms: Grand Hotel du Palais Royal is 100% smoke-free.
- Best Room: The top floor Panoramic Suite features private elevator access, living room, dining room, and an incredible furnished terrace with 180-degree views of Paris: Louvre, Palais-Royal, Montmartre, and the Eiffel Tower.
Grand Hôtel du Palais Royal – What’s Nearby?
Recommended Nearby Tours & Tickets
- The Louvre – Skip-the-line-tickets and guided tour. 4-minute walk to tour starting point.
- Paris Wine & Cheese Lunch – A fun and relaxed introduction to french wines (history, culture, and regional differences). 8-minute walk.
- Orangerie and Orsay Museum Combined Entrance – Skip the line and gain quick access to Musée d’Orsay and Musée de l’Orangerie (including Monet’s Waterlilies). 18-minute walk.
- Opera Garnier Tour – 90-minute guided tour of the Boroque Opera Garnier. 18-minute walk.
- GetYourGuide.com – The best website for booking tours and tickets in Paris.
- yam’Tcha – Chinese influenced modern French cooking. Very popular – reserve well in advance, try for lunch, or stop by their boutique around the corner for steamed bao. 5-minute walk.
- Verjus – Contemporary American cooking, prestige ingredients, casual and low key feel. 6-minute walk.
- Sanukiya – Bustling Japanese restaurant, known for their great udon. 6-minute walk.
- La Bourse et la Vie – Classic French cooking from American celebrity chef, Daniel Rose. 7-minute walk.
- Kotteri Ramen Naritake – Cheap, popular, delicious. The best Ramen in Paris. 7-minute walk.
- Big Fernand – American-style hamburgers done in 6 styles, including mushroom, veal, or chicken. House-made condiments and great fries. 10-minute walk.
- Angelina – Excellent tea and pastries (and the best hot chocolate in Paris) on the Rue de Rivoli. Great for brunch. 11-minute walk.
- Carré des Feuillants – Modern French fine dining from renowned chef Alain Dutournier. Two Michelin stars. 11-minute walk.
- Le Soufflé – Charming restaurant serving expertly-prepared savory and sweet soufflés. Moderately-priced. 13-minute walk.
- Bouillon Chartier – Traditional French in a historic Belle Époque dining room. Reasonable prices. Great for families. 15-minute walk.
Nearby Bars & Breweries
- Verjus Bar à Vin – The cozy cave-like wine bar of the much-loved restaurant Verjus. Rotating wine list and French/fusion small plates. 5-minute walk.
- Juveniles – Charming wine shop-turned-bistro with solid food, reasonable prices, great wine. 6-minute walk.
- Harry’s New York Bar – Cocktail and piano bar with a storied history and great drinks. 13-minute walk.
- Bar Hemingway – Intimate, iconic cocktail bar in the Ritz Hotel. 14-minute walk.
- Frog Hop House – Fun French brew pub with an American sports bar feel. 14-minute walk.
- Buddha Bar – Trendy restaurant/nightclub with a Southeast Asian theme – go for cocktails and ambiance; the food is overpriced. 19-minute walk.
Cool Shops Nearby
- Ladurée – Lovely and delicious macarons, pastries, chocolate, and gifts. 4-minute walk.
- E. Dehillerin – Vast cookware selection; old school copper pans, professional grade knives, unique gifts. 7-minute walk.
- Forum Des Halles – Huge, modern underground shopping mall with French and international brands, restaurants, a cinema, and an Olympic-sized swimming pool. 7-minute walk.
- Epices Roellinger Paris – Renowned spice shop that created by a Michelin-starred chef. 9-minute walk.
- Librairie Galignani – Elegant English-language bookstore with a good cookbook selection and a charming children’s corner. 10-minute walk.
- Goyard – Exclusive luxury handbags, luggage, and leather goods. One of the few brands that’s unavailable for purchase online. 10-minute walk.
- Pierre Hermé – Award-winning and creative macarons (try the signature “Ispahan” – a blend of rosewater, raspberry, and lychee). 11-minute walk.
- Chanel Boutique Cambon – The iconic French designer’s flagship retail location. As much a fashion museum as a shop. 15-minute walk.
- Galeries Lafayette Haussmann – The most popular department store with tourists in search of famous French brands like Louis Vuitton and Cartier. Also housewares, gourmet foods, and wine. 19-minute walk.
Nearby Market or Grocery
- Monoprix – The biggest supermarket in the 1st arrondissement. Open from 9am-10pm Mon-Saturday. 9-minute walk.
- Marché St. Honoré – Outdoor market selling fruit and vegetables, baked goods, fresh ready-to-eat dishes, jewellery, and clothes. 12:30pm-8:30pm Wednesdays; 7am-3pm Saturdays. 11-minute walk.
- Rue Montorgeuil – One of the best market streets in Paris. Produce, flowers, bakeries, cheese, wine, you name it. 11-minute walk.
Nearby Attractions & Things to Do
- Comédie Française – 2-minute walk.
- Louvre Museum – 3-minute walk.
- Musée des Arts Décoratifs – 5-minute walk.
- Palais-Royal – 6-minute walk.
- Pont des Arts – 10-minute walk.
- Jardin des Tuileries – 12-minute walk.
- Place Vendome – 13-minute walk.
- Tour Saint-Jacques – 14-minute walk.
- Centre Pompidou – 17-minute walk.
- Musée de l’Orangerie – 18-minute walk.
- Musée d’Orsay – 18-minute walk.
- Church of Saint-Germain-des-Pres – 18-minute walk.
- Opéra National de Paris Garnier – 18-minute walk.
- Île de la Cité – 20-minute walk.