by Santorini Dave • Updated: April 1, 2019
See Also: The Best Hotels in Bali
Grand Hyatt Bali – Massive, convenient, and long-established, one one of Bali’s best beaches.
This resort faces one of the longest and loveliest resort beaches on the island: curved, sheltered, and well-shaded. The lobby sets the tone with its lotus ponds, traditional thatched roof, and welcoming staff. Rooms are in ‘villages’ of gigantic, traditionally-designed buildings spread over a vast expanse of lawns, gardens, and ponds. The spacious rooms feature a stylishly modern, Asian (not necessarily Balinese) décor and wide balconies/patios facing the sea or gardens. Villas offer more seclusion and privacy. Other attractions include five shady pools (some with a swim-up bar), tennis courts, outdoor arcade of boutiques, and water-sports center. Endless activities on offer for younger ones, as well as a beach playground, children’s pool, waterslide, and welcoming kids club.
Grand Hyatt Bali – The Location
- Address: Midway along the gated complex of 4 and 5-star resorts at Nusa Dua, a popular tourist region in southern Bali.
- Area: Faces a glorious beach in an area more spacious and tranquil compared to the rest of southern Bali. Very convenient and within walking distance of the mall.
- How to Get There: The only way to/from the airport is by metered taxi or chartered car with a driver. This takes about 25 minutes (13km via the tollway), depending on traffic.
- Handy to: Bali Collection mall. Café/bars at The Bay Bali. Headland with views and temples.
Grand Hyatt Bali – The Basics
- Guests: Very family-oriented; those without children may be put off by the noise, crowds, and family-focused facilities.
- Kids Club: Excellent facilities: indoors and shady outside areas, trampoline, and mini-golf. Plenty of activities, including beach soccer, traditional art, and kite-making.
- Beach: One of the longest and loveliest beaches in Bali. Very scenic with immaculate white sand and calm shallow water.
- Views: Many rooms boast sea views, while others overlook the gardens and/or pools.
- Private Pools/Jacuzzis: Villas feature private pools, some also add jacuzzis.
- Wi-Fi: Available free throughout the resort for all guests.
- Parking: There are plenty of free and secure spots, but think long and hard before driving anywhere in Bali.
- How to Book: Booking.com will have the best rates.
- Phone: (0)361 771 234
- Email: [email protected]
- Website: hyatt.com
Grand Hyatt Bali – Amenities
- Pool: 5 pools, all with abundant natural shade. 2 waterslides (one 50m long), and separate pools for adults, children, and toddlers. Some with swim-up bar.
- Spa: The Kriya Spa wonderfully fuses modern equipment with traditional methods and treatments.
- Fitness Center: The Bay Club Fitness and Health Center is open 24 hours. Marvelous selection of equipment, as well as squash courts, yoga studio, sauna, whirlpool, steam room, and plunge pool.
- For Families: Particularly inviting beach playground. Excellent kids’ club. Children’s and toddlers’ pools. Baby-sitting. Games room.
- Activities: Floodlit tennis courts. Water-sports center. Putting green. Jogging track. Ping pong. Yoga classes. Squash courts.
- Other Facilities: Outdoor shopping arcade (with market feel). Bank. Medical Clinic. Hindu Temple. Beauty Salon. Business Center.
Grand Hyatt Bali – Food and Drink
- Restaurants: Salsa Verde – Sophisticated and beachfront Italian fare – more than just pizza and pasta. Open all day. • Watercourt Restaurant – Designed like a Balinese water palace. Buffet breakfast only. • Nampu – Tasteful Japanese bistro featuring an open-plan kitchen and teppanyaki room. • Garden Café – All-day dining near the lobby. Charming garden setting and impressive range of Asian and Western food. • Pasar Senggol – Designed like a traditional pasar (market). Stalls sell a range of Indonesian food and grilled fish. At the amphitheater, with Balinese music/dance. Dinner only.
- Bars: Salsa Bar – On the rooftop above Salsa Verde. Vast views and intimate setting. • Poolside Bar – Cocktails, juices, beers, and light meals alongside the main pool. • Grand Club Lounge – For Grand Club members only. Breakfast and at dusk, canapes and cocktails. • Veranda Lounge & Bar – Impressive sea views, popular for signature cocktails, afternoon tea, and live music nightly.
- Breakfast: Included for club members (in the Grand Club Lounge) but not for others. Served in Watercourt (daily breakfast buffet), Salsa Verde, and Garden Café restaurants. Pay when booking or day-to-day.
- Room Service: Available 24/7. Some villas feature 24-hour butler access.
Grand Hyatt Bali – Rooms
- Room Types: Grand King (with or without Ocean View) • Grand Double Twin (with or without Ocean View) • Club Access King • Club Access Double Twin • Club Access Deluxe King (with or without Ocean View) • Club Access Deluxe Double Twin (with or without Ocean View) • Villas (1, 2, and 3 bedrooms) • Presidential Suite • Ambassador Suite
- Smoking Rooms: No smoking in the rooms or public areas but permitted elsewhere.
- Best Room: The finest are the villas. With 1, 2, or 3 bedrooms, private pools, butler service, and separate living areas. Some also have jacuzzis.
- For Families: Most rooms can convert the sofa to a single bed, some suites have connecting doors. A few villas have 2 or 3 bedrooms.
Grand Hyatt Bali – Local Transport
- Walking & Cycling: It’s often a lot quicker – and certainly more scenic – to walk along the beachside path than the main road through Nusa Dua. This road is flat and comparatively quiet, which is ideal for cycling. Ask the reception about renting a bike.
- Public Transport: In lieu of any public transport or shuttle buses around Bali, the Kura-Kura Bus company links Nusa Dua with Ubud and the rest of southern Bali but schedules are convoluted and routes, confusing.
- Cars, Motorbikes, & Taxis: To go anywhere within southern Bali, metered taxis are abundant, cheap, and comfortable. For longer distances, charter a car with a driver for a negotiable fare. Driving a car is not recommended anywhere in Bali; however, motorbikes are a fun and easy way to get around Nusa Dua and neighboring Tanjung Benoa but not elsewhere in southern Bali. All transport options can be arranged at the resort.
- Local Shuttle Buses: Free shuttle buses link major hotels in Nusa Dua with the Bali Collection mall (see below). And this is a great way to reach other resorts, beaches, and facilities in Nusa Dua and Tanjung Benoa.
Grand Hyatt Bali – What’s Nearby?
Restaurants & Bars
The Grand Hyatt is far closer to a wide selection of places to eat and drink than most resorts in Nusa Dua.
- At the INAYA Putri resort, a few minutes’ walk south down the beachside path, are Ja’Jan Bistro (casual all-day dining close to the beach) and Gading Restaurant (elegant décor and breezy terrace for Japanese cuisine).
There is also an excellent choice at the Bali Collection mall, which is (unlike at most rival resorts) within walking distance (about 300m).
- Aroma Fusion Restaurant (0)361 770 162 – Quaint corner setting for Chinese food and happy hours. 4-minute walk (300m).
- Aglio Ristorante – Unique setting for Italian food, set-price lunches, and wood-fired pizzas. Helpful photo menu. 9-minute walk (700m).
- Gourmet & Café – Lovely courtyard setting at the main gate. For seafood, Balinese dishes, and regular live music. 9-minute walk (750m).