Hard Rock Hotel Goa – Quiet village setting, musical memorabilia, and lovely pool, but distant from the beach.
Slightly less impressive than others in this renowned chain, the Hard Rock Hotel is at the end of a side street, offering a charming village (and almost rural) setting. It is only a short distance from the main road which is lined with cafés, bars, and shops, but inconveniently a little far from the beach. (Free shuttle buses offset the isolation, however.) All types of accommodations feature a trendy design, signature Hard Rock themes (e.g. prints of musical icons on the walls), motifs on the rugs and towels, and unique ‘audio experiences’. The suites are even more spacious and extend the rock theme even further. The pool is especially inviting and offers a genuine tropical resort feel. Everything else is as expected: hip bar lined with murals of rock legends, a coffee shop with hanging guitars, and shop selling signature T-shirts. Breakfast is included in all rates, which is a pleasing bonus.
Hard Rock Hotel Goa – The Location
- Address: About 200m along a quiet side street from the main road, Calangute-Arpora (Anjuna) Road, midway along Calangute, a major tourist region in the southern part of North Goa. Look for the sign, 100m north of the Dr. Jack Sequira Junction, a roundabout with a KFC. (Most places in Goa don’t have an address.)
- Area: Real village vibe, but still close to the main road. The road is lined with facilities more for Indian locals than foreign tourists, but enough for guests. The beach is 1 km away.
- How to Get There: From the airport (35 km, 60-minute drive), there is little choice except overpriced pre-paid taxis. The nearest major train station is at Vasco da Gama, 40 km away (70-minute drive).
- Handy to: Facilities and beach at Calangute.
Hard Rock Hotel Goa – The Basics
- Guests: Younger set from across the globe, including families.
- Views: Many rooms overlook the pool (which can be noisy). Others facing outwards are quieter, and the views, arguably more interesting.
- Private Pools/Jacuzzis: None, but these are very rarely offered anywhere in Goa.
- Extras: Regular shuttle buses to the shops and beach at Calangute.
- Parking: Nothing available on-site and along a narrow lane, so parking is problematic. Contact the management when booking.
- How to Book: Booking.com will have the best rates.
- Phone: +91 (0)832 674 5555
- Email: [email protected]
- Website: hardrockhotelgoa.com
Hard Rock Hotel Goa – Amenities
- Pool: Long, wide, and inviting. Natural shade and sunbeds provide a tropical resort feel. Separate and substantial children’s pool. Could get crowded at times.
- Spa: The Rock Spa is very funky and offers more treatments than just massages. Also, yoga and meditation.
- Fitness Center: The Body Rock Fitness Center is well-equipped and can provide personal trainers.
- Other Facilities: Hard Rock shop.
Hard Rock Hotel Goa – Food and Drink
- Restaurants & Bars: Sessions – Tables inside and along a shady courtyard. Extended menu of Indian and western food, including some of Goa’s finest burgers. Fascinating murals and bar attached. • Tonic Poolside Bar & Grille – The name says it all. Cozy seats, tasty snacks, and trendy bands and DJs until late.
- Breakfast: Included in all rates, which is unusual.
- Room Service: Available 24/7.
Hard Rock Hotel Goa – Rooms
- Room Types: Deluxe Rooms (with King or Twin Beds) • Deluxe Rooms Gold Pool View (with King or Twin Beds) • Studio Suites King • Rock Family Suites • Rock Suites King • Rock Suites Platinum • List of all Rooms
- Smoking Rooms: Smoking is allowed in some special rooms.
- Best Room: The Rock Suites Platinum are more than twice the size of the standard rooms, and feature living/dining areas and huge bathrooms.
- For Families: All types of rooms are large enough for an extra single bed, but staff would probably guide families into the Rock Family Suites. These provide proper beds for 4 people.
Hard Rock Hotel Goa – Local Transport
- Walking: Plenty to see and do along the main road, which offers some sidewalks. More pleasant along the side streets, some of which lead to villages.
- Public Transport: Local buses are convenient and frequent. They travel up and down – and stop anywhere along – the main road through Candolim and Calangute, and also head to the major beach at Calangute (see below). Some detour to Panaji (Panjim), the state capital and regional transport hub, via a stop opposite the Acacia hotel (4 km south). For connections around North Goa, head to Mapusa, 8 km away. No metro or any local trains of use to tourists.
- Taxis & Auto-rickshaws: No auto-rickshaws or metered taxis. App-based Uber/Ola don’t operate anywhere in Goa. The local alternative – Goa Miles – is worth trying, though really, the only option for longer trips are unmetered private ‘taxis’. Arrange these through the hotel or with drivers hanging about the streets. Rates are overpriced but negotiable.
- Cars & Motorbikes: Goa is the only place in India where renting a car or motorbike is feasible. No internationally-recognized agencies are present, so renting at a local shop presents obvious risks. Best to organize this at the resort. Rides on the back of a motorbike (called a ‘pilot’) are possible; ask around.
Hard Rock Hotel Goa – What’s Nearby?
Best Nearby Restaurants & Bars
These places are just south of the turn-off to the hotel from along the main road:
- Café Sussegado Souza – Adorable historic building in a fascinating roadside location. Long and very inviting menu of Goan cuisine. Fabulous for a cold beer while people-watching. Just before Hotel Calangute Towers. (300m).
- Hotel Calangute Towers – 2 great options: Eat Street at the front, popular for its well-priced evening buffets, and Curry Leaf, almost hidden at the back for an elegant setting and exceptional service. At the roundabout 300m from the Hard Rock.
- The Avenue – This hotel features Uncle Sam’s Restaurant & Café (long menu of Indian and western food, and pastry shop), Sky Lounge Bar & Restaurant (rooftop for views, meals, cocktails, and hookah (shisha) pipes), and Bardez Multi-Cuisine Restaurant (Goan food and impressive service). 400m from the Hard Rock.
- Sher-a-Punjab Bar & Restaurant – Lovely setting inside and out. Tasty thalis (set meals in steel plates) and other cheap Indian food. Open 24 hours. Just past The Avenue hotel. (600m).
- Also, a few familiar fast-food outlets: KFC (at the roundabout 300m away and Domino’s (just past The Avenue hotel, 600m).
Nearby Shops & Markets
- Most shops in the immediate vicinity are for locals, not tourists, so they are even more interesting to explore. Also, a few minimarts around the place. The road to the beach (see below) is packed with makeshift market stalls.
- The main stretch of Calangute Beach is about 1.2km away. Take an auto-rickshaw, shuttle bus, private (unmetered) taxi, bus, or simply walk. (The turn-off to the beach from the main road is almost directly opposite the turn-off to the hotel.) This part of the beach is Indian-style: very busy, packed with souvenir stalls and cheap eateries, and a little garish. Fascinating, but not relaxing. Beach cafés on the sand also rent out sunbeds and umbrellas. Always swim between the flags. Lifeguards are on duty from about 10 am to sunset.
Hard Rock Hotel Goa – The Hotel
All Goa Hotel Reviews
- The Acacia Hotel & Spa Goa
- Acron Candolim Regina
- Alagoa Resort
- Alila Diwa
- The Avenue Calangute
- Beleza by the Beach
- Casablanca Resort
- Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Goa Candolim
- The Crown Goa
- The Diwa Club
- Goa Villagio Resort & Spa
- Holiday Inn Resort, Goa
- Hospedaria Abrigo de Botelho
- Hyatt Centric Candolim Goa
- John’s Highland Comfort Guest House
- Karma Royal Haathi Mahal
- La Sunila Suites
- Lemon Tree Amarante Beach Resort
- Mateus Boutique Hotel
- Novotel Goa Candolim Hotel
- Novotel Goa Dona Sylvia Resort Hotel
- Radisson Goa Candolim
- Radisson Blu Resort Goa Cavelossim Beach
- River Castle
- Santana Beach Resort
- Sonesta Inns
- Tranquility Cottage Resort
- WelcomHeritage Panjim Inn, Pousada, & Peoples
- Whispering Palms Beach Resort
- Best Hotels in Agra
- Where to Stay in Agra
- Best Hotels in Bengaluru
- Where to Stay in Bengaluru
- Best Hotels in Chennai
- Where to Stay in Chennai
- Best Hotels in Delhi
- Where to Stay in Delhi
- Best Hotels in Jaipur
- Where to Stay in Jaipur
- Best Hotels in Jodhpur
- Where to Stay in Jodhpur
- Best Hotels in Kolkata
- Where to Stay in Kolkata
- Best Hotels in Mumbai
- Where to Stay in Mumbai