by Santorini Dave • Updated: February 4, 2019
Hilton Bali Resort – Opulence, with family-friendly facilities and astonishing cliff-side setting.
This massive resort, only 5km from Nusa Dua (and accessible by hotel shuttle bus), is somehow carved from a cliff facing an exquisite beach (with dangerous waves at times). Family Rooms feature two bunk beds and colorful Balinese-style décor, while the ground floor Deluxe Rooms have access to a pool from the veranda, and villas have a private pool. The lagoon-shaped pools are grand enough to feature ‘beaches’ and ‘waterfalls’, and the resort offers amenities rarely found elsewhere, e.g. a medical clinic and amphitheater for traditional performances.
Hilton Bali Resort – The Location
- Formerly the Grand Nikko Bali.
- Address: Jalan Raya Nusa Dua Selatan road, in southern Bali.
- Area: Faces a magnificent beach along the south-eastern edge of Bukit Peninsula, about 5km from central Nusa Dua, a gated area of top-end resorts. The Hilton was undergoing significant renovations all over during 2018.
- How to Get There: The only way to/from the airport is by metered taxi or chartered car with a driver, which should be about 25 minutes (depending on traffic). Easily accessible from southern Bali by taxi; by chartered car from elsewhere.
Hilton Bali Resort – The Basics
- Guests: Caters for all – from families relishing the activities to couples seeking seclusion.
- Kids’ Club: The Jungle Camp offers a playground with sand and ropes, but is fairly uninviting. Movies, books, and toys also available to the younger ones.
- Beach: The water can be rough at times, but the resort does provide a lifeguard. The sand is white, with loads of lounge chairs and umbrellas.
- Views: One block of rooms provides views of the ocean, close enough to hear the noisy waves. Most rooms, however, are distant from the sea and overlook the pool and/or gardens.
- Private Pools/Jacuzzis: Some ground floor rooms have access to the main pool from the patio, while most villas contain a private pool.
- Extras: Free shuttle bus to Nusa Dua, with its abundant shops, cafés, and other facilities.
- Wi-Fi: Can be included for free, depending on the type of booking. Otherwise, available for a fee.
- Parking: Some limited parking available, free and secure, but think long and hard before driving anywhere in Bali.
- How to Book: Booking.com will have the best rates.
- Phone: (0)361 773 377
- Email: [email protected]
- Website: hilton.com/bali-resort
Hilton Bali Resort – Amenities
- Pool: Each of the 4 pools is shaped like a lagoon, with sandy ‘beaches’ and ‘waterfalls’. Also plenty of shade and a waterslide.
- Spa: The Mandara Spa is one in a chain around Southeast Asia offering sumptuous treatments and good-value packages. With a sauna and steam room.
- Fitness Center: Smallish but adequate.
- For Families: Baby-sitting. Cots. Children’s menu. Games room. All children (and some adults) will love the 30m waterslide.
- Activities: 3 tennis courts.
- Other Facilities: Medical clinic. Business Center. Moneychanger. Travel agency. Minimart. Boutiques. Cash machine. Amphitheater for performances of traditional music and dance.
Hilton Bali Resort – Food and Drink
- Restaurants & Bars: (Many were undergoing significant renovations during 2018.) Paon Bali Resto & Bar – Open-plan kitchen offering Balinese delights, including roast pig. • Shiki Japanese Restaurant – Sushi, sake, and all things Nipponese, with ocean views. • The Shore Restaurant & Bar – Facing the beach and on 3 levels for casual dining.
- Delicatessen – At the lobby for a caffeine fix, as well as pastries and light meals.
- Breakfast: Buffet breakfast can be included, depending on the type of booking.
- Room Service: Available 24 hours a day.
Hilton Bali Resort – Rooms
- Room Types: Family Rooms • King Cliff Tower Ocean View • King Deluxe Ocean View • King Guest Room Garden View • King Premium Ocean Front • Twin Cliff Tower • Twin Deluxe • King Executive
- Smoking Rooms: Strictly no smoking policy in the rooms and public areas. Only permitted in dedicated sections.
- Best Room: The King Executive Ocean View room is magnificent. On the highest floor for the greatest possible views.
- For Families: Family Rooms are ideal, with colorful bean bags and bunk beds for 2 children, without feeling cramped. Otherwise, get rooms with connecting doors.
Hilton Bali Resort – Local Transport
- Walking & Cycling: Too far to walk to Nusa Dua and very little within walking distance. No bicycles to rent (which is unfortunate).
- Public Transport & Shuttle Buses: Neither along this part of the coast because it is outside of the Nusa Dua area.
- Cars, Motorbikes, & Taxis: Renting a car is not recommended anywhere in Bali, but a motorbike is a great way to get around Nusa Dua – but nowhere else in southern Bali. For short distances get a metered taxi; for longer trips, charter a car with a driver. All transport options can be arranged at the reception.
Hilton Bali Resort – What’s Nearby?
Restaurants, Bars & Shops
- Just outside the main entrance is a cluster of modest facilities, including the restaurant at Rantun’s Place, which offers tasty and affordable meals; and a small grocery store. 6-minute walk.
- Ritz-Carlton: All the restaurants and bars at the neighboring Ritz-Carlton resort can be reached within a few minutes’ walk south via the beach or a 5-minute drive.
- Bali Collection: Otherwise, get the hotel shuttle bus to the Bali Collection mall in Nusa Dua (13-minute drive). Among the oodles of shops and lovely cafés are:
- Coco Bistro – One in a popular chain providing a pleasant courtyard setting. Long menu includes multitude of desserts and Chinese food. 6-minute drive.
- Tropical Bali Restaurant – Popular eatery offering live music most evenings. 13-minute drive.
- Gourmet & Café – Fetching courtyard setting at the main gate. Seafood, Balinese dishes, and regular live music. 13-minute drive.