Hilton Resort – Opulence with family-friendly facilities and an astonishing cliff-side setting.
This massive resort, recently renovated and close to Nusa Dua (accessible by hotel shuttle bus), is somehow carved from a cliff facing an exquisite beach (with big waves at times). Family Rooms feature two bunk beds and colorful Balinese-style décor, while the ground floor Deluxe Rooms have access to a pool from their patios, and villas feature private pools. The lagoon-shaped pools are grand enough to feature ‘beaches’ and ‘waterfalls’, and the resort offers amenities rarely found elsewhere, e.g. a medical clinic and amphitheater for traditional performances.
- Best Hotels in Bali
- Best Bali Hotels for Families
- Best Budget Hotels in Bali
- Where to Stay in Bali
- Bali Hotel Map
Hilton Resort – The Location
- Area: Faces a magnificent beach along the south-eastern edge of Bukit Peninsula, about 5 km from central Nusa Dua, a gated area of top-end resorts.
- Address: Jalan Raya Nusa Dua Selatan road in southern Bali.
- How to Get There: The only way to/from the airport is by metered taxi or chartered car with a driver, which should be about 25 minutes (depending on traffic). Easily accessible from southern Bali by taxi; by chartered car from elsewhere.
Hilton Resort – The Basics
- Guests: Caters for all – from families relishing the activities to couples seeking seclusion.
- Kids’ Club: The Jungle Camp offers a playground with sand and ropes. Movies, books, and toys also available for the younger ones.
- Beach: The water can be rough at times, but the resort does provide a lifeguard. The sand is white, with loads of lounge chairs and umbrellas.
- Views: One block of rooms provides views of the ocean and is close enough to hear the noisy waves. Most rooms, however, are distant from the sea and overlook the pool and/or gardens.
- Private Pools/Jacuzzis: Some ground floor rooms have access to the main pool from the patio, while most villas come with private pools.
- Extras: Free shuttle bus to Nusa Dua, with its abundant shops, cafés, and other facilities.
- Parking: Some limited parking available, free and secure, but think long and hard before driving anywhere in Bali.
- How to Book: Booking.com will have the best rates.
- Phone: +62 (0)361 773 377
- Email: [email protected]
- Website: hilton.com
Hilton Resort – Amenities
- Pool: Each of the 4 pools is shaped like a lagoon, with sandy ‘beaches’ and ‘waterfalls’. Also, plenty of shade and a waterslide.
- Spa: The Mandara Spa is one in a chain around Southeast Asia offering sumptuous treatments and good-value packages. With a sauna and steam room.
- Fitness Center: Smallish but adequate.
- For Families: Baby-sitting. Cots. Children’s menu. Games room. All children (and some adults) will love the 30m waterslide.
- Activities: 3 tennis courts.
- Other Facilities: Medical clinic. Business Center. Moneychanger. Travel agency. Minimart. Boutiques. Cash machine. Amphitheater for performances of traditional music and dance.
Hilton Resort – Food and Drink
- Restaurants & Bars: Paon Bali Resto & Bar – Open-plan kitchen offering Balinese delights, including roast pig. • Shiki Japanese Restaurant – Sushi, sake, and all things Nipponese, with ocean views. • The Shore Restaurant & Bar – Facing the beach and on 3 levels for casual dining.
- Delicatessen – At the lobby for a caffeine fix, as well as pastries and light meals.
- Breakfast: Buffet breakfast can be included, depending on the type of booking.
- Room Service: Available 24 hours a day.
Hilton Resort – Rooms
- Room Types: Family Room • King Cliff Tower Ocean View • King Deluxe Ocean View • King Guest Room Garden View • King Premium Ocean Front • Twin Cliff Tower • Twin Deluxe • King Executive • List of all Rooms
- Smoking Rooms: Strictly no smoking policy in the rooms and public areas. Only permitted in dedicated sections.
- Best Room: The King Executive Ocean View room is magnificent. On the highest floor for the greatest possible views.
- For Families: Family Rooms are ideal, with colorful bean bags and bunk beds for 2 children, without feeling cramped. Otherwise, get rooms with connecting doors.
Hilton Resort – Local Transport
- Walking & Cycling: Too far to walk to Nusa Dua and very little within walking distance. No bicycles to rent (which is unfortunate).
- Public Transport & Shuttle Buses: Neither along this part of the coast because it is outside of the Nusa Dua area.
- Cars, Motorbikes, & Taxis: Renting a car is not recommended anywhere in Bali, but a motorbike is a great way to get around Nusa Dua – but nowhere else in southern Bali. For short distances, get a metered taxi; for longer trips, charter a car with a driver. All transport options can be arranged at the reception.
Hilton Resort – What’s Nearby?
Best Nearby Restaurants, Bars & Shops
- Just outside the main entrance is a cluster of modest facilities, including the restaurant at Rantun’s Place which offers tasty and affordable meals, as well as a small grocery store.
- Ritz-Carlton: All the restaurants and bars at the neighboring Ritz-Carlton resort can be reached within a few minutes’ walk south via the beach.
Otherwise, get the hotel shuttle bus to the Bali Collection mall in Nusa Dua. Among the oodles of shops and lovely cafés are: