• Location: Jalan Wana Segara, 300m off Jalan Kartika Plaza in South Kuta.
• Hotel website: barunabali.holidayinnresorts.com
• Hotel phone: +62 (0)361 755 577
• Check prices for the Holiday Inn
Holiday Inn Resort Baruna – Spacious, peaceful, and truly family-friendly.
With ponds at the entrance and vast lawns all around, this resort is bright, breezy, and instantly likable. The comfortable rooms, featuring modern décor, are huddled together in a three-level motel-style block overlooking the gardens, which allows considerable space elsewhere. The pool (with swim-up bar) is flanked by appealing gazebos, while kids would certainly revel in the kids club, games room, and dedicated restaurant area. The beach is a little gray and gritty, but this is typical of Tuban. This resort is within a brief taxi trip of Kuta’s beach and malls while being far removed from its crowds and noise.
Holiday Inn Resort Baruna – The Location
- Area: Faces Tuban Beach in a far quieter area than most resorts. Enough places to eat and drink nearby but few shops within walking distance.
- Address: Jalan Wana Segara No. 33, Tuban, Kuta. At the end of Jalan Wana Segara, a side street about 300m from Jalan Kartika Plaza, the main road through Tuban (also called South Kuta). Kuta, the most popular tourist region in Bali, is about 2.5 km north.
- How to Get There: The only way to/from the airport is by metered taxi or chartered car with a driver. This takes less than 15 minutes. Looks close enough to walk but perimeter fences make this problematic.
- Handy to: Airport. Lippo Mall.
Holiday Inn Resort Baruna – The Basics
- Guests: Mainly for families, especially those who don’t need a prime beach or to be in the middle of the action at Kuta.
- Kids Club: The well-supervised Rascals Kids Club (4 to 12-year-olds) is inside a room with enough toys, puzzles, and video games. Plenty of more engaging stuff to do outside, including classes in Balinese dance and cooking as well as turtle conservation programs.
- Beach: Beaches in Tuban are typically gray and gritty but the beach in front of the resort is better than most in the area. Okay for swimming because the water is protected from waves by a breakwater.
- Views: Most rooms overlook the gardens, while only a few face the ocean, but most sea views are at least partially obstructed.
- Private Pools/Jacuzzis: None.
- Extras: Lessons in boogie boarding.
- Parking: Enough free and secure parking available, behind the main gate, but think long and hard before driving anywhere in Bali.
- How to Book: Booking.com will have the best rates.
- Phone: +62 (0)361 755 577
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: barunabali.holidayinnresorts.com
Holiday Inn Resort Baruna – Amenities
- Pool: Main pool is lined with gazebos and has a swim-up bar. Also, one for children with lots of hoops and nets for games.
- Spa: With a soothing location near the sea, the Tea Tree Spa offers an impressive range of treatments in special rooms for couples or in huts alongside the beach.
- Fitness Center: Plenty of equipment to satisfy all and exercise classes available.
- For Families: Games room with pool tables and ping pong. Dedicated eating area for children and special menus. Babysitting. Cots.
- Activities: Yoga lessons. Beach volleyball and football. Water sports counter.
- Other Facilities: Ice-cream shop. Minimart. Laundry. Business Center.
Holiday Inn Resort Baruna – Food and Drink
- Restaurants & Bars: Palms Restaurant – Open for buffet breakfast and a la carte Asian food at other times. Main eatery for families. Special Healthy Kids Menu. Poolside terrace or air-conditioned comfort inside. • Flavaz – Bright café for gelato, coffee, sandwiches, and pastries. • ENVY – Alluring bright-yellow décor and garden setting facing the sea. Lounge chairs and undercover seating for casual dining. Particularly romantic at sunset. • Pool Bar – Swim-up bar at the main pool for signature cocktails and tasty snacks. • The rooftop bar at the adjoining Holiday Inn Express offers a few tables alongside the pool and terrific views.
- Breakfast: Normally included in all rates, but double-check when booking.
- Room Service: Available 24/7.
Holiday Inn Resort Baruna – Rooms
- Room Types: Deluxe Ocean View • Deluxe Pool Garden • Deluxe Garden Access • Deluxe Garden View • Studio Garden Access • Studio Garden View • Junior Suite Garden View • Junior Suite Garden Access • One Bedroom Suite • Big Room Pool Garden • Big Room Ocean View • Superior Room • Kid Suite • List of all Rooms
- Smoking Rooms: No smoking in the rooms but permitted elsewhere.
- Best Room: The One Bedroom Suites are twice the size of the standard rooms. Separate living areas and extended terraces.
- For Families: Many rooms have connecting doors and/or sofas that can convert to single beds. Some suites provide enough space for an extra single bed while others feature double bunk beds. Best of all, the Kid Suites feature colorful second bedrooms, specifically designed for the younger ones.
Holiday Inn Resort Baruna – Local Transport
- Walking: A little isolated from central Tuban and the limited facilities more accessible alongside the delightful beachside path.
- Public Transport: In lieu of any public transport, the Kura-Kura Bus company links Tuban and Kuta with Ubud and the rest of southern Bali, but schedules are convoluted and routes confusing.
- Cars, Motorbikes, & Taxis: To go anywhere within southern Bali, hire metered taxis which are abundant, cheap, and comfortable. For longer distances, organize a chartered car with driver (for a negotiable fare) at the hotel. Driving a car is not recommended anywhere in Bali, and renting one in Tuban/Kuta is madness. Motorbikes are easy to rent and useful for getting around the backstreets of Tuban/Kuta/Legian, but not so elsewhere in southern Bali.
- Shuttle Bus: To reach another town outside of southern Bali, e.g. Ubud, buy a ticket at a travel agency for a shuttle bus. The main operator, Perama, offers many services from its office on Jalan Legian street in Kuta, about 3 km away.
Holiday Inn Resort Baruna Bali – What’s Nearby?
Best Nearby Restaurants & Bars
- Sulis Hotel – On a corner opposite the entrance. Offers a café/bar on the rooftop with the finest views in the area. The more adventurous may want to try one of the warungs (food stalls) set up mainly for locals on the beach, just north of the resort.
- Within 500m north along the lovely beachside path are several classy seaside restaurant/bars in nearby resorts such as Ma Joly and Bintang Bali.
Along Jalan Wana Segara, the access road to the resort, several options are within 400m:
- Dewi Shinta Restaurant – Likable garden setting in the Rama Beach resort. Comfy seats, quality service, and popular buffets with traditional music/dance.
- Bagus Resto & Bar – Bright and friendly, for casual dining which kids will enjoy.
- Lentera Restaurant by El Toro Bali – Extended menu includes some Spanish/Brazilian items. Attracts returnees for better-than-normal service and hearty portions.
- Warung Segara – Quaint Chinese eatery with lanterns and colorful menu.
- Lippo Mall – Large mall about 800m north along the main road (via the side street to the hotel). It offers classy bistros, familiar fast-food outlets, and plenty of places to shop.
- A few stalls are set up along 2 paths around the resort. Also, a couple of minimarts along the access street to the hotel.
Get All New Content• My Travel Newsletter