by Santorini Dave • Updated: May 17, 2019
See Also: The Best Hotels in Bali
Holiday Inn Resort Bali Benoa – Familiar, compact, and functional, in a top-notch location.
Part of a renowned international chain, this comfortable, sparkling-new and comparatively low-key resort is reasonably close to Nusa Dua, thereby offering a wider range of cafés, shops, beaches, and water-sports. The overall design is not traditional, but is still appealing, with all rooms in a four-level motel-style building. Views from some balconies are unexciting, but the furnishings, with long desks, comfy sofas, and entrance lobbies, are pleasing. Rooms with ocean views or direct pool access from their patios are slightly larger and certainly more likeable. The sectioned-off swimming area along the curved beach is tiny, but is compensated by the four inviting pools. And the bright and colorful kids club, next to the children’s pool, would undoubtedly please the younger ones.
Holiday Inn Resort Bali Benoa – The Location
- Address: Jalan Pratama, the main road through Tanjung Benoa, a quieter resort region in southern Bali.
- Area: Facing the beach along the southern part of the peninsula. Plenty of facilities within walking distance, and only 1km by road or beachside path from the edge of Nusa Dua.
- How to Get There: The only way to/from the airport is by metered taxi or chartered car with a driver. This takes about 20 minutes (12km, via the tollway), depending on traffic.
- Handy to: All the facilities in Nusa Dua.
Holiday Inn Resort Bali Benoa – The Basics
- Guests: Has a family package-holiday vibe, but caters well for all.
- Kids Club: Supervised, bright, colorful, and alongside the children’s pool. Offers a climbing wall, computer games, and endless toys. Activities include face-painting, treasure hunts, and lessons in Indonesian culture and language.
- Beach: Curved beach with white sand and calm water created by a breakwater, but lacks shade. A tiny area is cordoned off for safe swimming, though jet-skis are still within earshot.
- Views: Most rooms surround (but don’t actually face) the pool in the middle. A handful of rooms looks out towards the sea, with varying views, while the rest overlook the gardens. And a few do face the carpark or road.
- Private Pools/Jacuzzis: Most rooms at ground level have direct access to the main pool from the patios.
- Wi-Fi: Free throughout for all guests.
- Parking: Very limited parking available. Check when booking, but think long and hard before driving anywhere in Bali.
- How to Book: Booking.com will have the best rates.
- Phone: (0)361 894 7888
- Email: [email protected]
- Website: holidayinnresorts.com
Holiday Inn Resort Bali Benoa – Amenities
- Pools: 4 pools, all very inviting. Includes a separate pool for the younger ones next to the kids club with a fun waterslide and tipping buckets that make children scream with delight.
- Spa: The Tea Tree Spa is wonderful, with fully-trained staff and an extra-long list of treatments.
- Fitness Center: Well-equipped, offering views of the gardens and pools. Open 24/7.
- For Families: Cribs.
- Activities: All sorts offered, including bike hire, cooking classes, and snorkeling. Extensive games room. Water-sports center next door.
- Other Facilities: Games Zone. Reading room/library. Minimart. Moneychanger.
Holiday Inn Resort Bali Benoa – Food and Drink
- Restaurants & Bars: Pasar Market Café – At the lobby serving upmarket and tasty versions of Indonesian street food. Where guests enjoy buffet breakfast. • Duke’s Pool Bar and Lounge – Also in the lobby area and facing 1 of the 4 pools. • Nudi Beach Bar & Restaurant – Perfect setting alongside the sea and main pool. Casual, twin-level, and popular with families. Live music nightly.
- Breakfast: Included in most rates, but depends on the type of booking.
- Room Service: Available 24/7.
Holiday Inn Resort Bali Benoa – Rooms
- Room Types: Superior Rooms • Family Rooms • Family Adventure Suites • Kids Adventure Suites • Premier Suites
- Smoking Rooms: No smoking allowed anywhere on the resort grounds.
- Best Room: Premier Suites are quite spacious and more likely to offer sea views and distance from the noisy pools.
- For Families: Most rooms can fit in 1 or 2 extra single beds, while many others have connecting doors. Better still are the Family Adventure Suites and Kids Adventure Suites, each with separate bedrooms for the young ones with colorful walls and abundant toys.
Holiday Inn Resort Bali Benoa – Local Transport
- Walking & Cycling: Almost everything required is within walking distance. The main road is long, flat, and comparatively quiet, and a lovely beachside path stretches several kilometers into Nusa Dua. Bicycles are available for hire at the resort.
- Cars, Motorbikes, & Taxis: There is no public transport in the area. To reach attractions within southern Bali, metered taxis are cheap and comfortable. Driving a car anywhere in Bali is not recommended, but cars can be rented from a few agencies along the main road, while motorbikes are not as easy to rent as they are elsewhere. For longer distances, hire a car with a driver through the hotel.
- Local Shuttle Buses: No shuttle bus company offers services to/from Tanjung Benoa, including the Kura-Kura Bus. About every hour during shopping time, a free shuttle bus (available to all) links major hotels in Tanjung Benoa with the Bali Collection mall in Nusa Dua (see below).
Holiday Inn Resort Bali Benoa – What’s Nearby?
Restaurants & Bars
- Balicious Restaurant & Bar – Amazingly long menu guaranteed to please the fussiest of eaters. About 75m south down the road. 1-minute walk.
- The Heart of Bali (0)821 4570 5757 – Attractive open-air but undercover setting. Extensive menu includes lots of wines and desserts. About 200m north of the resort. 3-minute walk.
- Pitanira Resto (0)361 773 941 – Lovely corner position across the road from The Heart of Bali. Especially romantic at night. 3-minute walk (240m).
- Coblong Sari Beach Restaurant & Bar – Rare seaside setting for pizza and grilled seafood. 650m south via the beach or road. 8-minute walk.
- Pepito Supermarket – Offers a tempting array of fresh food and baked goodies, 350m south of the resort. 5-minute walk.
- Plenty of minimarts in both directions, but little else to excite shoppers. So take the free hourly shuttle bus from any resort in Tanjung Benoa to Bali Collection, a delightful outdoor mall in Nusa Dua with department stores, large souvenir shops, and abundant cafés. 6-minute drive (2.5km).