See Also: The Best Hotels in Amsterdam
AMS Suites – Intimate boutique hotel on the edge of the historic canal district.
Consisting of just four suites, AMS Suites blends the original features of the historic building, such as the exposed wooden beams and the original staircase, with thoroughly modern decor and amenities. All four suites are decked out in neutral creams and browns, and come with super-comfortable Coco-Mat mattresses, large TVs, rain showers in the spacious bathrooms, and nice touches such as fresh flowers. While there’s no onsite dining, the surrounding streets are dotted with restaurants and cafes, and it’s the ideal luxurious retreat from which to explore the city on foot.
AMS Suites – Location
- Address: Elandsstraat 3, Amsterdam.
- Nearest Tram: Westermarkt.
- Area: On a quiet street near the Prinsengracht canal, straddling the border between the buzzy Jordaan district with its bars, galleries, and cafes, and the UNESCO World Heritage canal ring with its historic canal houses, boutique hotels, restaurants, and independent boutiques. A 12-minute walk to the Dam Square and the Royal Palace in the Medieval Centre, and a 7-minute stroll to the Anne Frank House. Walkable to the Museum Quarter; numerous restaurants, bars, and boutiques nearby.
- How to Get There: Take the train from Schiphol Airport to Centraal Station, then tram #13 to the Westermarkt stop, then walk for 6 minutes.
- Handy to: Anne Frank House, Dam Square, historic canal ring, Nine Streets shopping.
AMS Suites – The Basics
- Ages: Guests tend to be couples on a romantic getaway, or travelers on a city break; minimum guest age is 21.
- Private Pools/Jacuzzis: No private pools/jacuzzis.
- Laundry: No in-room laundry service.
- When to Book: Reserve 3 months in advance for the mid-March to mid-May tulip season, the July and August high season, and the Christmas-New Year period.
- How to Book: Booking.com will have the best rates.
- Phone: 06-4255-1312
- Email: [email protected]
- Website: amssuites.nl
AMS Suites – Amenities
- Pool: No pool.
- Spa: No spa.
- Fitness Center: No fitness center.
- For Disabled Guests: Not suitable for disabled guests.
- For Families: No family rooms.
AMS Suites – Food and Drink
- Restaurant: No restaurant, but there are numerous dining options right on the doorstep.
- Lounge/Bar: Minibars in rooms but no bar; numerous watering holes within a few minutes’ walk from the hotel.
- Breakfast: Not complimentary. A continental breakfast at the nearby Vlaamsch Broodhuys bakery costs €15 per person.
- Room Service: No room service.
AMS Suites – Rooms
- Room Types: Junior Suite • Superior Suite
- Smoking Rooms: AMS Suites is 100% smoke-free.
- Best Room: The 2 Superior Suites come with a bathtub as well as shower, king-sized bed, air-conditioning (the Junior Suites do not have air-con), and a large TV.
AMS Suites – Local Transport
- Walking: A couple of minutes’ walk from the Nine Streets shopping neighborhood, a 11-minute walk to the Royal Palace and Dam Square, and a 22-minute stroll to the Museum Quarter.
- Tram: From the nearby Westermarkt stop, trams run to Centraal Station via the Medieval Centre. To head south towards Leidseplein and the Museum Quarter, catch a tram from the nearby Elandgracht stop (6-minute walk).
- Taxis, Uber: Taxis and Uber charge around €35 from the airport to the hotel. Within the city, Uber rides cost around half of taxi fares. It’s often quicker to walk, cycle, or jump on a tram.
AMS Suites – What’s Nearby?
Best Nearby Restaurants
- Libertine Comptoir de Cuisine – Exposed brick and neon interior, and all-day French breakfasts. 2-minute walk.
- Rakang – Intimate, family-run Thai restaurant, authentically-spiced dishes. 3-minute walk.
- Restaurant De Struisvogel – Basement restaurant specializing in French-inspired dishes. 3-minute walk.
- OCCO Bar & Brasserie – Modern European dishes, plus excellent gin-based cocktails. 5-minute walk.
- Vinkeles – Michelin-starred French fine dining inside an atmospheric 18th century bakery. Reserve well ahead. 5-minute walk.
- Bluespoon Restaurant – Beautiful, creative farm-to-table cuisine served within airy and whimsical surrounds inside the Andaz Hotel; the 4-course Video Art menu (€70) – a multi-sensory experience – is a treat. 5-minute walk.
- Bistro Bij Ons – Home-style Dutch dishes, such as stamppot (potatoes mashed with sausage and vegetables) and poffertjes (pancakes with butter and sugar). 5-minute walk.
- Koh-I-Noor – Established Indian restaurant specializing in tandoori dishes and curries. 12-minute walk.
Best Nearby Bars and Breweries
- Café Saarein – Atmospheric, formerly feminist meeting place turned welcoming LGBT bar. 2-minute walk.
- Maloe Melo – Serious little live music venue, with anything from Texas blues to punk to garage. 4-minute walk.
- De Doffer – Informal, 70’s-style café and bar, popular with students and artists. Inexpensive beer and food. 5-minute walk.
- Pulitzer’s Bar – Stylish art deco cocktail bar inside the eponymous hotel. Classic cocktails, as well as expertly-mixed signature drinks. 5-minute walk.
- De Admiraal – Amsterdam’s largest traditional tasting house, with 16 jenevers and 60 liqueurs. 6-minute walk.
Nearby Shopping and Cool Shops
- Chocolatl – Specialty chocolate sourced from around the world, served in bar, bonbon, and drinking chocolate form. 2-minute walk.
- Cats & Things – All manner of cat-themed gifts imaginable. 2-minute walk.
- Mendo – Books on art, design, photography, and architecture. 2-minute walk.
- Marlies Dekkers – Swimwear and gorgeous lingerie with a hint of bondage. 2-minute walk.
- Kaashuis Tromp – Arguably the best cheese shop in the city. 3-minute walk.
- Arnold Cornelis – Come to this legendary deli for cheesecake, filled pastries, and chocolate-filled cookies. 3-minute walk.
- A Space Oddity – Comics, action figures, memorabilia, and more. Particularly good for Stanley Kubrick, Star Wars, and DC Comics fans. 4-minute walk.
- Denham the Jeanmaker – Flagship menswear store selling jeans, jackets, and knitwear; the women’s branch is around the corner. 4-minute walk.
- The Darling – Quirky, funky, locally-designed clothes, and accessories for women. 5-minute walk.
- Marie Stella Maris – Local, sustainable brand of beauty products, with part of the proceeds donated to clean water projects worldwide. 5-minute walk.
Nearby Market or Grocery
AMS Suites – The Hotel
- The Best Hotels in Amsterdam
- The Best Family Hotels in Amsterdam
- The Best Time to Visit Amsterdam
- Amsterdam with Kids
Amsterdam Noord Hotels
Southern Canal Ring Hotels
- American Hotel Amsterdam – Review
- Banks Mansion – Review
- Hotel Seven One Seven – Review
- Mokum Suites – Review
- Seven Bridges – Review
- The Vanguard – Review
- Waldorf Astoria – Review
De Pijp Hotels
East Amsterdam Hotels
- Hotel Breitner House – Review
- InterContinental Amstel – Review
- Lloyd Hotel – Review
- Zoku Amsterdam – Review
Medieval Centre & Red Light District Hotels
- Art’otel Amsterdam – Review
- Eric Vökel Boutique Apartments – Review
- Hotel De L’Europe – Review
- Hotel Estherea – Review
- Hotel TwentySeven – Review
- Hotel V Nesplein – Review
- INK Hotel – Review
- Kimpton de Witt – Review
- Luxury Suites Amsterdam – Review
- Misc EatDrinkSleep – Review
- NH Collection Amsterdam Grand Hotel Krasnapolsky – Review
- NH Collection Amsterdam Doelen – Review
- Sofitel Legend The Grand – Review
- W Amsterdam – Review
Vondelpark & Museum Quarter Hotels
- The College Hotel – Review
- Conservatorium Hotel – Review
- Hotel de Hallen – Review
- Hotel JL No. 76 – Review
- Museum Suites – Review
- The Neighbour’s Magnolia Hotel – Review
- Pillows Anna van den Vondel – Review
Western Canal Ring Hotels