Hotel De Hallen – Trendy design hotel inside a heritage building near Vondelpark.
A former tram depot transformed into a slick, modern hotel, Hotel De Hallen sits next to its namesake complex comprising a gourmet street food market, art-house cinema, local fashion boutiques, and more. The lobby, with its original glass ceiling and exposed brickwork, features contemporary art and sculptures and select pieces of designer furniture, and there are light-filled common areas for guests to lounge around in with their laptops. There’s a pared-down, Scandinavian look to the rooms – neutral hues, herringbone wood floors, eco-friendly Coco-Mat beds, plus plenty of mod cons, including smart TVs and Nespresso machines. All bathrooms come with rain showers; some feature jacuzzis. Service is friendly and professional, and the surprisingly central location and good transport connections are ideal for exploring the city.
Hotel De Hallen – Location
- Address: Bellamyplein 47, 1053 AT Amsterdam.
- Nearest Tram: Bilderdijkstraat.
- Area: On a quiet street in Amsterdam’s otherwise bustling Oud-West residential neighborhood that gives visitors a taste of ‘real Amsterdam’, walking distance to Vondelpark and the Museum Quarter to the south, and lively Jordaan and the Western Canal Ring to the east. The hotel is attached to a terrific indoor gourmet street food market, and there are a few shopping and dining options an easy walk away. The nearest tram stop is 3 minutes’ walk away; the Museum Quarter is a 6-minute ride away by tram, as is Jordaan and the Western Canal Ring.
- How to Get There: Take the train from Schiphol Airport to Centraal Station, then tram #13 to Bilderdijkstraat stop. Hotel De Hallen is a 5-minute walk away.
- Handy to: De Hallen Market, Vondelpark, Museum Quarter.
Hotel De Hallen – The Basics
- Ages: Most guests tend to be couples on a city break or business travelers, but children are welcome. Red Bar is 18+.
- Private Pools/Jacuzzis: Junior Suites come with jacuzzis.
- Laundry: Dry cleaning, but no in-room laundry service.
- Extras: Bicycle rental for guests; turn-down service.
- When to Book: Reserve 3 months in advance for the mid-March to mid-May tulip season, the July and August high season, and the Christmas-New Year period.
- How to Book: Booking.com will have the best rates.
- Phone: 020-820-8670
- Email: [email protected]
- Website: hoteldehallen.com
Hotel De Hallen – Amenities
- Pool: No pool.
- Spa: No spa.
- Fitness Center: No gym.
- For Disabled Guests: Several rooms adapted for wheelchair users.
- For Families: Baby cots available, and babysitting can be arranged on request.
Hotel De Hallen – Food and Drink
- Restaurants: Open all day, Remise47 (7 am-10 pm) is a trendy French/European bistro with a large sunny terrace overlooking the tree-filled Bellamyplein, and a menu featuring the likes of burrata salad, roasted salmon, and spinach risotto. • $$.
- Lounge/Bar: The intimate Red Bar is popular with locals and guests alike, and is a popular spot for beers and cocktails. Open daily until 1 am.
- Breakfast: Not complimentary. Extensive breakfast buffet available from 7-10:30 am; €20 per person.
- Room Service: Available from Remise47.
Hotel De Hallen – Rooms
- Room Types: Double with Courtyard View • Twin with Courtyard View • Standard Double • Standard Twin • Deluxe Double • Deluxe Twin • Junior Suite
- Smoking Rooms: Hotel De Hallen is 100% smoke-free.
- Best Room: All Junior Suites come with a unique industrial design, Coco-Mat beds, good terrace views, and spacious bathrooms with rain showers and jacuzzis.
- For Families: No family rooms per se.
Hotel De Hallen – Local Transport
- Walking: Vondelpark and Jordaan are both around 20 minutes’ walk away. The Museum Quarter and the Western Canal Ring are both around 15 minutes on foot. Walkable to the Medieval Center.
- Tram: From the nearby Bilderdijkstraat stop, tram #13 runs northeast to Centraal Station via Jordaan, the Western Canal Ring, and the Medieval Center, while trams #3 and #12 run south to the Museum Quarter.
- Taxis, Uber: Taxis and Uber charge around €35 from the airport to the hotel. Within the city, Uber rides cost around half of taxi fares. It’s often quicker to walk, cycle, or jump on a tram.
Hotel De Hallen – What’s Nearby?
Nearby Restaurants and Cafes
- Food Hallen – The Netherlands’ first indoor food market; stalls include dim sum, Lima-style ceviche, gourmet burgers, bao buns, Vietnamese street food, and Greek meze. Live music in the evenings and DJ sets on weekends. 1-minute walk.
- Piccolo – Bistro/wine bar with small, mostly vegetarian plates for sharing and excellent wines and cocktails. 1-minute walk.
- Spaghetteria West – Short menu of well-prepared, homemade pasta dishes and inexpensive Italian wines by the glass. 2-minute walk.
- Lot Sixty One – Coffee roastery with beans sourced from individual eco-friendly farms around the world. 3-minute walk.
- Par Hasard – 1 of 4 branches around the city, this café is locally-renowned for its Belgian fries. Also serves burgers, fish and chips, ribs, and croquettes. 3-minute walk.
- Van ’t Spit – Wood-fired rotisserie chicken with sides, plus craft beer. 4-minute walk.
- Barceloneta – Family-owned tapas bar with dishes from Catalonia and around Spain. 5-minute walk.
Nearby Bars and Breweries
Nearby Shopping and Cool Shops
- De Hallen – Former tram sheds converted into a cultural complex with a food hall, design stores, and themed weekend markets, from Dutch designs to local organic produce. 1-minute walk.
- Qnoop – Sustainable, eco-friendly sockwear, designed in Amsterdam. 2-minute walk.
- Gathershop – There’s a simple, clean aesthetic to the handmade jewelry, accessories, and homeware sold here. 2-minute walk.
- Pied a Terre – Europe’s largest travel bookshop with a staggering array of travel guides, maps, globes, and much more. 14-minute walk.
- Bierbaum – Beer specialty store selling over 300 bottled brews from around the world. 17 minutes.
Nearby Market or Grocery
Hotel De Hallen – The Hotel
All Amsterdam Hotel Reviews
- Crane Hotel Faralda
- Sir Adam Hotel
Southern Canal Ring
- American Hotel Amsterdam
- Banks Mansion
- Hotel Seven One Seven
- Mokum Suites
- Seven Bridges Hotel
- Waldorf Astoria
- Hotel Okura Amsterdam
- Sir Albert
- Breitner House
- InterContinental Amstel Amsterdam
- Lloyd Hotel
- Zoku Amsterdam
- AMS Suites (Temporarily Closed)
- Morgan & Mees
- Mr. Jordaan
Medieval Center & Red Light District
- art’otel Amsterdam
- Eric Vökel Boutique Apartments – Amsterdam Suites
- De L’Europe Amsterdam
- Hotel Estheréa
- Hotel TwentySeven
- Hotel V Nesplein
- INK Hotel Amsterdam – MGallery
- Kimpton De Witt Amsterdam
- Luxury Suites Amsterdam
- Misc Eatdrinksleep
- NH Collection Amsterdam Doelen
- NH Collection Amsterdam Grand Hotel Krasnapolsky
- Sofitel Legend The Grand Amsterdam
- W Amsterdam
Vondelpark & Museum Quarter Hotels
- The College Hotel
- Conservatorium Hotel
- Hotel JL No76
- Pillows Luxury Boutique Hotel Anna Van Den Vondel Amsterdam
- Hotel The Neighbour’s Magnolia
Western Canal Ring Hotels
- Best Hotels in Amsterdam
- Best Family Hotels in Amsterdam
- Best Boutique Hotels in Amsterdam
- Best Budget Hotels in Amsterdam
- Best Airport Hotels in Amsterdam
- Where to Stay in Amsterdam
- Amsterdam Hotel Map
- Best Time to Visit Amsterdam
- Best Amsterdam Tours & Things to Do
- Best Restaurants in Amsterdam
- Best Amsterdam Bars, Breweries, & Tasting Rooms
- Best Amsterdam Shops & Markets
- Amsterdam with Kids
- Complete Amsterdam Travel Guide