• Location: In the heart of the 2nd arrondissement, near the covered passages and great restaurants and wine bars.
• Hotel website: grandsboulevardshotel.com
• Hotel phone: +33 1 85 73 33 33
• Check prices for Hotel des Grands Boulevards
Hotel des Grands Boulevards is a trendy new boutique hotel by one of France’s top designers. Soundproofed rooms have a cool vibe and premium bedding; there’s a sweet rooftop bar, and the ground floor patio has a top notch cocktail bar and a glass-enclosed restaurant with great food. Located near the Grands Boulevards metro, near theaters, shopping, and Paris’ famous covered passages – a short walk to major sights and lots of transport connections.
Hotel des Grands Boulevards – Location
Centrally-located in the heart of the 2nd arrondissement, near the covered passages and great restaurants and wine bars. Grands Boulevards metro station is a block away, and Palais Garnier is 16 minutes away on foot.
- Address: 17 Boulevard Poissonnière
- Nearest Metro: Grands Boulevards, Richelieu – Drouot
- Taxi: Airport taxis to central Paris are charged at a flat rate. Fare from Charles de Gaulle Airport is €55, fare from Orly Airport is €35.
- Private Transfer: We use and recommend Welcome Pickups car service. Booking through a private car service will cost only a bit more than a taxi – about €61 from CDG and €57 from Orly, but can be worth it to avoid the long taxi queue and for the convenience of paying ahead.
Hotel des Grands Boulevards – The Basics
- Ages: While children are welcome at Hotel des Grands Boulevards, this is a small boutique hotel that’s geared toward adults; rollaway/extra beds and cribs are not available, and there are no special amenities for kids. (See my favorite Paris hotels for families.)
- Pet Policy: No pets allowed.
- View: Parisian Eave (Junior Suite) rooms have nice views over city rooftops
- Parking: No on-site parking. Discounted pricing at offsite lots are available.
- Nice Perks: In-room espresso and tea, premium bedding and toiletries.
- When to Book: The 50 rooms at Hotel des Grands Boulevards book up fast. Reserve months in advance, especially for the high travel season of April through September and December.
- How to Book: Booking.com will have the best rates.
- Phone: +33 1 85 73 33 33
- Email: [email protected]
- Website: grandsboulevardshotel.com
Hotel des Grands Boulevards – Amenities
- Pool: No pool.
- Spa: No spa.
- Fitness Center: No fitness center.
- Private Pools/Jacuzzis: None.
Hotel des Grands Boulevards – Food and Drink
- Restaurant: The hotel’s beautiful covered courtyard restaurant features rustic Italian-French cuisine, and is open for breakfast (7-10:30am), lunch (12-2pm), and dinner (7-10:30pm). Brunch is served every Sunday from 12-3pm.
- Lounge/Bar: Two popular in-house bars – The Shell Bar is located in the hotel’s covered courtyard; it is open from 6pm – 2am (closed in August). The rooftop Shed Bar is open every day from 6-11pm.
- Breakfast: Not complimentary. A buffet breakfast is served every day in the restaurant from 7-10:30am.
- Room Service: 24 hours.
Hotel des Grands Boulevards – Rooms
- Room Types: Petit Boulevard (Classic) • Saint Fiacre (Superior) • Uzes (Deluxe) • Parisian Eaves (Junior Suite) • Grand Boulevard (Junior Suite) • List of all rooms
- Smoking Rooms: Hotel des Grands Boulevards is a non-smoking hotel.
- Best Room: While Grands Boulevards suites are the roomiest, top floor Parisian Eaves suites feature high ceilings with exposed beams, and rooftop views over Paris.
Hotel des Grands Boulevards – What’s Nearby?
- Le Bouillon Chartier – Traditional French in a historic Belle Époque dining room. Reasonable prices. Great for families.
- Bien Bien – Small, friendly spot with some of the best Thai food in Paris.
- Popolare – Crazy good Neapolitan wood-fired pizza, cool downstairs bar. Go early – they don’t take reservations and there’s often a line.
- Frenchie – Exquisite high end French bistro fare. Extremely popular – book well in advance.
- La Bourse et La Vie – Classic French cooking from American celebrity chef, Daniel Rose.
- Big Ferdnand – American-style hamburgers done in 6 styles, including mushroom, veal, or chicken. House-made condiments and great fries.
- Le Grand Colbert – Traditional bistro. Famous because of being featured in the Diane Keaton/Jack Nicholson film Something’s Gotta Give, but popular because it’s fantastic.
- La Boissonniere – Warm and friendly tapas/wine bar; a comfortable choice for solo diners.
- Angelina – Excellent tea and pastries (and the best hot chocolate in Paris) on the Rue de Rivoli. Great for brunch.
- yam’Tcha – Chinese influenced modern French cooking. Very popular – reserve well in advance, try for lunch, or stop by their boutique around the corner for steamed bao.
- Balagan – Creative Israeli and Mediterranean cuisine; fun, lively atmosphere.
Nearby Bars & Breweries
- The Frog & Underground – Rustic modern brew pub spread over three floors; friendly, English-speaking staff.
- Frenchie Bar à Vin – Go because you can’t score a reservation at the months-in-advance-booked Frenchie, or go because it’s wonderful in its own right, but go early to grab a table. Rotating menu, relaxed vibe, solid wine list.
- Mabel – Amazing cocktails, humongous rum selection, and grilled cheese sandwiches to die for.
- Legrand Filles et Fils – One of the oldest wine cellars in Paris, with a stunning location in the beautiful Passages Vivienne. Great selection of wines by the glass, helpful staff.
- Redd – Lovely, intimate wine bar with a fantastic cheese and charcuterie selection.
- Experimental Cocktail Club – Intimate spot with excellent and unusual cocktails, and often a live DJ.
- Harry’s New York Bar – Cocktail and piano bar with a storied history and great drinks.
Cool Shops Nearby
- À la Mère de Famille – Chocolates and sweets, beautifully displayed and nicely packaged for souvenirs.
- Galeries Lafayette Haussmann – The most popular department store with tourists in search of famous French brands like Louis Vuitton and Cartier. Also housewares, gourmet foods, and wine.
- E. Dehillerin – Vast cookware selection; old school copper pans, professional grade knives, unique gifts.
- Pierre Hermé – Award-winning macarons; try his signature “Ispahan” – a blend of rosewater, raspberry and lychee.
- Passage des Panoramas – The first covered walkway in Paris retains its old-world charm; great for art, antiques, and collectibles.
- Epices Roellinger Paris – Renowned spice shop that created by a Michelin-starred chef.
- Forum Des Halles – Huge, modern underground shopping mall with French and international brands, restaurants, a cinema, and an Olympic-sized swimming pool.
- Chanel Boutique Cambon – The iconic French designer’s flagship retail location. As much a fashion museum as a shop.
Nearby Market or Grocery
- Pharmacie Actuelle – Pharmacy selling medications, first aid supplies, and French beauty products.
- Carrefour City Market – Good selection of wines, beers, fruits & veg, dairy, breads, and pantry staples.
- Rue Montorgueil – One of the best market streets in Paris. Produce, flowers, bakeries, cheese, wine, you name it.
Nearby Attractions & Things to Do
- Grévin Wax Museum
- Passage des Panoramas
- Chocolate Museum
- Folies Bergère
- Hôtel Drouot Auction House
- Porte Saint-Denis
- Opéra Garnier
- Palais Royal
- Louvre Museum
Hotel des Grands Boulevards – The Hotel
Paris Hotels – Tips and Recommendations
- Best Luxury Hotels in Paris: Shangri-La (old world Paris charm) • Four Seasons George V (5-star luxury)
- Best Boutique Hotels in Paris: Relais Christine (small romantic boutique) • Grand Hôtel Du Palais Royal (great central location)
- Best Mid-range Hotels in Paris: Gardette Park (affordable hotel near the Marais) • Hotel Emile (trendy, central, and fun)
- Paris Hotels with Balcony: Mandarin Oriental • Pullman Tour Eiffel • Le 12 • Hotel Residence Foch • Holiday Inn Notre Dame • Hotel Ekta Champs Elysées • The Peninsula (the garden suite is incredible)
- Paris Hotels with Pool: Le Bristol • Mandarin Oriental • Le Burgundy • Saint James Albany • Shangri-La • The Peninsula • Four Seasons
- Paris Hotels with Kitchen: Fraser Suites Le Claridge Champs-Elysées • La Clef Tour Eiffel • Splendide Royal • Residence Henri IV • Saint James Albany • Citadines Les Halles • Le Patio Bastille • Le Marais Hôtel De Ville
- Paris Hotels with Views of Eiffel Tower: Hotel Plaza Athenee • Pullman Tour Eiffel • Le Parisis • Hôtel Brighton • Shangri-La • Westin Vendôme
- Paris Travel Guide
- Best Hotels in Paris
- Best Hotels in Paris for Families
- Best Boutique Hotels in Paris
- Best Cheap Hotels in Paris
- Paris Choice Hotels
- Charles de Gaulle Airport Hotels
- Paris Hotels with Swimming Pools
- Where to Stay in Paris
- Paris Hotel Map
- Paris Hotel Reviews
- Best Time to Visit Paris
- Best Things to Do in Paris
- Best Restaurants in Paris
- Best Bars in Paris
- Best Shops & Markets in Paris
- Best Patisseries & Chocolatiers
- Paris with Kids
- Best Books about Paris
- Visiting Versailles from Paris
- London to Paris by Eurostar Train