Eric Vökel Boutique Apartments – Amsterdam Suites – Modern, minimalist apartments a stone’s throw from Centraal Station.
Overlooking either the IJ waterway or the Medieval Center, these spacious, thoroughly modern apartments are a favorite with independent travelers. Clean lines, blond wood floors and furnishings, a neutral color scheme, and plenty of light from the floor-to-ceiling windows lends each apartment a Scandinavian feel. Beds are comfortable, the soundproofing is excellent, living areas are spacious, and the hotel’s proximity to the Medieval Center and Amsterdam Noord are big boons.
Eric Vökel Boutique Apartments – Amsterdam Suites – Location
- Address: De Ruijterkade 127, Amsterdam.
- Nearest Metro/Tram: Centraal Station.
- Area: Central location next to the train tracks on a street behind Centraal Station; across the bridge from the Red Light District and the Medieval Center. Easy walking distance from many restaurants and bars, walkable to the historic canal ring.
- How to Get There: Take the train from Schiphol Airport to Centraal Station, then walk for 7 minutes.
- Handy to: Centraal Station, Medieval Center, Red Light District, Amsterdam Noord.
Eric Vökel Boutique Apartments – Amsterdam Suites – The Basics
- Ages: Guests tend to be couples, families, and groups of friends on a city break. The larger apartments are suitable for families with older children; no baby cots available.
- View: Apartments at the front of the building look out over the IJ river, while those at the back look out over railway tracks, with a partial view of the Medieval Center.
- Kitchen: Each apartment has a fully-equipped kitchen.
- Private Pools/Jacuzzis: No private pools/jacuzzis.
- Laundry: Each apartment comes with a washing machine and tumble drier.
- When to Book: Reserve 3 months in advance for the mid-March to mid-May tulip season, the July and August high season, and the Christmas-New Year period.
- How to Book: Booking.com will have the best rates.
- Phone: 020-808-0487
- Email: [email protected]
- Website: ericvokel.com
Eric Vökel Boutique Apartments – Amsterdam Suites – Amenities
- Pool: No pool.
- Spa: No spa.
- Fitness Center: No fitness center.
- For Disabled Guests: There are elevators and walk-in showers, but the apartments are not specially adapted for disabled guests.
- Other Facilities: Helpful 24-hour reception.
Eric Vökel Boutique Apartments – Amsterdam Suites – Food and Drink
- Restaurant: No onsite dining, but numerous restaurants and bars an easy stroll away.
- Lounge/Bar: No bar, but there are numerous watering holes 5-10 minutes’ walk away.
- Breakfast: Complimentary daily breakfast box, bookable via the hotel’s website.
- Room Service: No room service.
Eric Vökel Boutique Apartments – Amsterdam Suites – Rooms
- Room Types: One-Bedroom Apartment • Penthouse One-Bedroom Apartment with River View • Two-Bedroom Apartment with City View • Two-Bedroom Apartment with River View • Three-Bedroom Apartment with River View
- Smoking Rooms: Eric Vökel Boutique Apartments – Amsterdam Suites is 100% smoke-free.
- Best Room: The Penthouse Apartment in the attic boasts plenty of natural light from the floor-to-ceiling windows, great views of the IJ river from the balcony, and a spacious living and dining area.
- For Families: The 2 and 3-bedroom apartments with a double bed in each bedroom can accommodate up to 4 and 6 people, respectively.
Eric Vökel Boutique Apartments – Amsterdam Suites – Local Transport
- Walking: Easy walking distance to the Medieval Center and the Red Light District, both of which are about 10 minutes away. 20 minutes’ walk to the historic canal ring.
- Metro and Tram: Amsterdam’s tram hub is in front of Centraal Station, 7 minutes away on foot. Trams run to every corner of the city; it’s less than 20 minutes by tram to the Museum Quarter, 8 minutes to the Anne Frank House, and 11 minutes to the lively Rembrandtplein. Centraal Station is also the metro hub, with handy departures to Amsterdam Noord, De Pijp, Nieuwmarkt, and Waterlooplein, among other areas of interest.
- Taxis, Uber: Taxis and Uber charge around €35 from the airport to the hotel, but since the apartments are a stone’s throw from the train station, there’s little reason to use either. Within the city, Uber rides cost around half of taxi fares. It’s often quicker to walk, cycle, or jump on a tram.
Eric Vökel Boutique Apartments – What’s Nearby?
Recommended Nearby Tours
- Stromma – Open boat canal tours, hop-on, hop-off boats, and 100 Highlights canal cruise. Start location: 7-minute walk.
- That Dam Guide – Intimate, small-group, 2-hour tours that provide an excellent all-round view of the sex industry. Guides explain Amsterdam’s laws and working conditions, and point out the good and bad sex shops, peep shops, live theaters, and strip clubs. Start location: 7-minute walk.
- Rederij Kooij – Private canal tours in a vintage wooden boat. Start location: 8-minute walk.
- Lovers Canal Cruises – Semi-open boat cruises, plus luxury cruises on small, restored historic boats. Start location: 11-minute walk.
- Prostitution Information Centre – Fascinating information center where you get the answers to everything you’ve ever wanted to know about Amsterdam’s prostitution industry. Hour-long walking tours (€15 per person) depart from here at 5pm on Saturdays. Start location: 11-minute walk.
- Amsterdam City Tours – Coach tours depart for the Keukenhof flower gardens and Zaanse Schans windmills from the I Amsterdam tourist office. Start location: 12-minute walk.
- Amsterdam Red Light District Tours – Several options of Red Light District walking tour – with a group, with a private guide, and with exclusive private guides who’ve worked in the sex industry for decades. Start location: 16-minute walk.
- Offbeat Amsterdam: Red Light District Walking Tours – Entertaining 90-minute tours that depart from Dam Square, and take in the history of the sex worker industry and highlights such as a peep show, hidden street art, and the Amsterdam Museum of Prostitution. Start location: 16-minute walk.
- Blue Boat Company – Open-boat cruises, themed kids’ cruises, evening cruises, and Hard Rock burger cruises. Start location: 26-minutes.
Best Nearby Restaurants
- Kam Yin – Large, inexpensive portions of Chinese and Surinamese standards. Popular with students. 8-minute walk.
- Dabka – Good Lebanese mezze spreads and kebabs; eat inside, or on the canal-side terrace. 8-minute walk.
- Omelegg – Central branch of the popular all-day breakfast/brunch café. 2 dozen different omelettes and shakshuka are specialties here. 9-minute walk.
- Thaise Snackbar Bird – Diminutive Thai restaurant, authentic curries, spicy papaya salad, and more. Takeout service. 10-minute walk.
- Nam Kee – Classic Cantonese cuisine in more spacious surrounds than its sister restaurant in the Red Light District. 10-minute walk.
Best Nearby Bars and Breweries
- Molly Malone’s – Live Irish folk music, good pub food, Guinness on tap, and a crowd of Irish expats are regular features at this Irish pub. 7-minute walk.
- In ‘t Aepjen – Atmospheric local watering hole inside one of very few remaining wooden buildings in Amsterdam, with vintage jazz on the stereo. 8-minute walk.
- In de Olofspoort – A jenever tasting house, accessed through the former city gate, with an incredible range of the venerable Dutch spirit. 8-minute walk.
- Café ‘t Mandje – Legendary gay bar – Amsterdam’s oldest. 9-minute walk.
- Brouwerij de Prael – Multi-level tasting room of the eponymous craft beer brewery, with numerous IPAs, stouts, barley wines, and other brews on tap. 10-minute walk.
- De Bekeerde Suster – 16th century cloister turned brewery with 4 own brews flowing from copper tanks, seasonal and guest beers, and numerous bottled brews. 12-minute walk.
- Rosalia’s Menagerie – Intimate little cocktail bar that’s part of the Misc EatDrinkSleep hotel. Ideal place to sample your first jenever, or sip a cocktail with your sweetie. 13-minute walk.
Nearby Shopping and Cool Shops
Eric Vökel Boutique Apartments – The Hotel
All Amsterdam Hotel Reviews
- Crane Hotel Faralda
- Sir Adam Hotel
Southern Canal Ring
- American Hotel Amsterdam
- Banks Mansion
- Hotel Seven One Seven
- Mokum Suites
- Seven Bridges Hotel
- Waldorf Astoria
- Hotel Okura Amsterdam
- Sir Albert
- Breitner House
- InterContinental Amstel Amsterdam
- Lloyd Hotel
- Zoku Amsterdam
- AMS Suites (Temporarily Closed)
- Morgan & Mees
- Mr. Jordaan
Medieval Center & Red Light District
- art’otel Amsterdam
- De L’Europe Amsterdam
- Hotel Estheréa
- Hotel TwentySeven
- Hotel V Nesplein
- INK Hotel Amsterdam – MGallery
- Kimpton De Witt Amsterdam
- Luxury Suites Amsterdam
- Misc Eatdrinksleep
- NH Collection Amsterdam Doelen
- NH Collection Amsterdam Grand Hotel Krasnapolsky
- Sofitel Legend The Grand Amsterdam
- W Amsterdam
Vondelpark & Museum Quarter Hotels
- The College Hotel
- Conservatorium Hotel
- Hotel De Hallen
- Hotel JL No76
- Pillows Luxury Boutique Hotel Anna Van Den Vondel Amsterdam
- Hotel The Neighbour’s Magnolia
Western Canal Ring Hotels
- Best Hotels in Amsterdam
- Best Family Hotels in Amsterdam
- Best Boutique Hotels in Amsterdam
- Best Budget Hotels in Amsterdam
- Best Airport Hotels in Amsterdam
- Where to Stay in Amsterdam
- Amsterdam Hotel Map
- Best Time to Visit Amsterdam
- Best Amsterdam Tours & Things to Do
- Best Restaurants in Amsterdam
- Best Amsterdam Bars, Breweries, & Tasting Rooms
- Best Amsterdam Shops & Markets
- Amsterdam with Kids
- Complete Amsterdam Travel Guide