See Also: The Best Hotels in Amsterdam
Luxury Suites Amsterdam – Luxury canal-side suites near buzzy Nieuwmarkt square.
Comprising 25 luxurious suites, this intimate boutique hotel combines killer views of one of the city’s biggest canals with thoroughly modern facilities and contemporary, elegant decor. All suites come with spacious, carpeted living areas decked out with reproductions of Dutch Masters, as well as kitchens and large marble bathrooms. While there’s no onsite dining, the surrounding streets are dotted with restaurants and cafes, and it’s the ideal cozy bolthole from which to explore the city on foot, or embark on a private boat tour of the canals.
Luxury Suites Amsterdam – Location
- Address: Oudeschans 75, 1011 KW Amsterdam.
- Nearest Metro/Tram: Nieuwmarkt/Waterlooplein.
- Area: Quiet street in an affluent neighborhood, overlooking one of the city’s largest canals, a 6-minute walk from Nieuwmarkt square and the surrounding bars and restaurants. A short stroll from the Red Light District, Medieval Centre, historic canal ring, Rembrandt House, and the Jewish Historical Museum.
- How to Get There: Take the train from Schiphol Airport to Centraal Station, then either ride on the metro to Nieuwmarkt (5-minute walk), or take tram #9 to Waterlooplein (6-minute walk).
- Handy to: Rembrandt House, Red Light District, Jewish Historical Museum.
Luxury Suites Amsterdam – The Basics
- Ages: Guests tend to be couples on a romantic getaway or honeymoon. All ages are allowed, and cribs are available on request, but there are no specific amenities offered for children, and no kids’ menus in the restaurant. Lounge/bar is 18+.
- View: Half of the suites overlook Oudeschans canal.
- Kitchen: All suites come with fully-equipped kitchens.
- Private Pools/Jacuzzis: No private pools or jacuzzis.
- Laundry: In-room laundry service available.
- Extras: Golden Key concierge service. Helpful multilingual staff.
- When to Book: Reserve 3 months in advance for the mid-March to mid-May tulip season, the July and August high season, and the Christmas-New Year period.
- How to Book: Booking.com will have the best rates.
- Phone: 020-723-8300
- Email: [email protected]
- Website: luxurysuitesamsterdam.com
Luxury Suites Amsterdam – Amenities
- Pool: No pool.
- Spa: No spa, but massages can be arranged in-room.
- Fitness Center: Compact, well-equipped gym.
- For Disabled Guests: Some of the suites are adapted for disabled guests.
- For Families: Baby cots, kids’ high chairs, babysitting services on request.
- Activities: Canal tours with Ambolux Classic Ecoboats; classic saloon boat tours complete with luxury catering.
Luxury Suites Amsterdam – Food and Drink
- Restaurant: No restaurant onsite, but there are numerous dining options within a few minutes’ walk of the hotel.
- Lounge/Bar: The cozy lounge comes with plush armchairs and an attached bar that serves an extensive range of beers, wines, and spirits. Open daily until 12am.
- Breakfast: Not complimentary. Buffet breakfast costs €23, and is served 7.30-10.30am in the dining room.
- Room Service: Available around the clock.
Luxury Suites Amsterdam – Rooms
- Room Types: Luxury Suite • Luxury Suite Patio • Superior Luxury Suite • Royal Suite • Royal Penthouse • Imperial Suite
- Smoking Rooms: Suites at Luxury Suites Amsterdam are 100% smoke-free, but there’s a smokers’ lounge in the lobby, and 3 rooms have patios that can be used for smoking.
- Best Room: The Imperial Suite has a great view of Oudeschans canal, as well as a luxury bath and shower in the palatial bathroom. The Penthouse Suite is somewhat smaller, but offers tremendous views of Amsterdam’s gabled roofs and canal, and comes with a vast porthole-like window.
- For Families: Baby cots can be provided in all the suites on request. An extra bed can be provided in all the suites bar the Luxury Suite at extra cost, but there are no family rooms as such.
Luxury Suites Amsterdam – Local Transport
- Walking: The Red Light District, Medieval Centre, Rembrandt House, and the historic canal ring are all within easy walking distance. Walkable to the Dutch Resistance museum and the Museum Quarter.
- Metro and Tram: The nearest metro stop is Nieuwmarkt (5-minute walk), while the nearest tram stop is Waterlooplein (6-minute walk).
- Taxis, Uber: Taxis and Uber charge around €35 from the airport to the hotel. Within the city, Uber rides cost around half of taxi fares. It’s often quicker to walk, cycle, or jump on a tram.
Luxury Suites Amsterdam – What’s Nearby?
Recommended Nearby Tours
- City Free Tour – Departing from the Nieuwmarkt square daily, this engaging, free 2-2.5 hour tour walks you through 800 years of Amsterdam history. Specialized tours of the Red Light District also available. Start location: 6-minute walk.
- Jewish History Amsterdam – Historian Jeanette Loeb leads specialized walking tours of the former Jewish quarter, and in-depth tours of the Jewish Historical Museum. Book in advance. Start location: 22 minutes.
Best Nearby Restaurants and Cafes
- Gebr Hartering – Canal-side timber dining room, and daily changing multi-course menus that make the most of local ingredients. Romantic ambience; reservations essential. 5-minute walk.
- Frenzi – Imaginative Mediterranean tapas, live jazz on Saturday afternoons, and over 100 types of grappa. 7-minute walk.
- Nam Kee – Classic Cantonese cuisine in more spacious surrounds than its sister restaurant in the Red Light District. 7-minute walk.
- Thaise Snackbar Bird – Diminutive Thai restaurant, authentic curries, spicy papaya salad, and more. Takeout service. 8-minute walk.
- TER Steakhouse – Prime cuts of meat seared to your specifications. Dinner bookings advisable. 9-minute walk.
- Anna – White tablecloths, imaginative modern Dutch fare, terrific list of global and organic wines, and a fine location overlooking the Oude Kerk. 10-minute walk.
- Dabka – Good Lebanese mezze spreads and kebabs; eat inside, or on the canal-side terrace. 10-minute walk.
- Omelegg – Central branch of the popular all-day breakfast/brunch café. 2 dozen different omelettes and shakshuka are specialties here. 11-minute walk.
- Kam Yin – Large, inexpensive portions of Chinese and Surinamese standards. Popular with students. 12-minute walk.
- The White Room – Beautifully presented, seasonal, ingredient-driven creations from the Michelin-starred chef inside a stately 19th century white-and-gold dining room. Multi-course tasting menus only on Fridays and Saturdays; weekday lunches a bargain. Dinner reservations essential. 12-minute walk.
Best Nearby Bars and Breweries
- De Sluyswacht – Former lock-keeper’s house turned brown café, with a wonderful canal-side terrace for sipping a beer. 3-minute walk.
- De Bekeerde Suster – 16th century cloister turned brewery with 4 own brews flowing from copper tanks, seasonal and guest beers, and numerous bottled brews. 7-minute walk.
- Rosalia’s Menagerie – Intimate little cocktail bar that’s part of the Misc EatDrinkSleep hotel. Ideal place to sample your first jenever, or sip a cocktail with your sweetie. 7-minute walk.
- Lokaal ‘t Loosje – One of Nieuwmarkt’s oldest brown cafes, with etched-glass windows and a mixed local crowd. 7-minute walk.
- Proeflokaal ‘t Kelkje – The tasting room of the Nieuwe Diep distillery stocks an impressive range of jenevers, gins, and liqueurs, as well as a few Czech and Bavarian beers. 9-minute walk.
- Wynand Fockink – Squeeze into this intimate 17th century tasting house to sample an extensive range of jenevers and liqueurs. 11-minute walk.
- Brouwerij de Prael – Multi-level tasting room of the eponymous craft beer brewery, with numerous IPAs, stouts, barley wines, and other brews on tap. 11-minute walk.
Nearby Shopping and Cool Shops
- Knuffels – Toy shop for all ages, from stuffed animals to optical illusions and gadgets. 5-minute walk.
- RecordFriend – Basement vinyl store with good selection of LPs in every genre. 6-minute walk.
- Joe’s Vliegerwinkel – Kites of all shapes, sizes, and colors. 6-minute walk.
- The Headshop – Everything smoking and cannabis-related, from seeds to herb to vaporizers, with knowledgeable staff. 7-minute walk.
- Anna & Nina – Eclectic earrings, accessories, clothing, and interior design that reflects the nomad-like travels of the store’s owners. 7-minute walk.
- Puccini Bomboni – Some of Amsterdam’s best handmade chocolates. 1 of 3 branches. 7-minute walk.
- BIEC – Ceramics, funky gadgets, bags, shawls, shoes, sketch books, and other cool gifts. 7-minute walk.
- Rutger Brandt Gallery – Modern art by up-and-coming artists as well as established international ones. Some art for sale. 8-minute walk.
- Droog – Cool homeware and design, unique gifts, plus a gallery space and café attached. 8-minute walk.
- Amsterdam Duck Store – Nothing but rubber ducks here, from classic yellow to Batman, S&M, and Game of Thrones ducks. 9-minute walk.
Nearby Market or Grocery
Luxury Suites Amsterdam – The Hotel
- The Best Hotels in Amsterdam
- The Best Family Hotels in Amsterdam
- The Best Time to Visit Amsterdam
- Amsterdam with Kids
Amsterdam Noord Hotels
Southern Canal Ring Hotels
- American Hotel Amsterdam – Review
- Banks Mansion – Review
- Hotel Seven One Seven – Review
- Mokum Suites – Review
- Seven Bridges – Review
- The Vanguard – Review
- Waldorf Astoria – Review
De Pijp Hotels
East Amsterdam Hotels
- Hotel Breitner House – Review
- InterContinental Amstel – Review
- Lloyd Hotel – Review
- Zoku Amsterdam – Review
Medieval Centre & Red Light District Hotels
- Art’otel Amsterdam – Review
- Eric Vökel Boutique Apartments – Review
- Hotel De L’Europe – Review
- Hotel Estherea – Review
- Hotel TwentySeven – Review
- Hotel V Nesplein – Review
- INK Hotel – Review
- Kimpton de Witt – Review
- Misc EatDrinkSleep – Review
- NH Collection Amsterdam Grand Hotel Krasnapolsky – Review
- NH Collection Amsterdam Doelen – Review
- Sofitel Legend The Grand – Review
- W Amsterdam – Review
Vondelpark & Museum Quarter Hotels
- The College Hotel – Review
- Conservatorium Hotel – Review
- Hotel de Hallen – Review
- Hotel JL No. 76 – Review
- Museum Suites – Review
- The Neighbour’s Magnolia Hotel – Review
- Pillows Anna van den Vondel – Review
Western Canal Ring Hotels