Seven Hills Tower – Comfortable, mid-priced, more westernized than rivals, and located in a vibrant part of the city.
Among dozens of similar-looking mid-range hotels, this is superior for two main reasons: others overwhelmingly cater to Indian tourists, while the Seven Hills knows what comparatively picky foreigners may want; and it’s located along a lane far enough from the maniacal traffic to (almost) guarantee a good night’s sleep. Rooms are spacious and nicely furnished, the suites feature large living areas, and the rooftop pool and café are pleasant. More affordable and less isolated than more fancied rivals elsewhere in Agra, this hotel is surrounded by facilities for (Indian) tourists.
Hotel Seven Hills Tower, Agra – The Location
- Address: 18A Jasoria Enclave. About 100m down a lane from Fatehabad Road, the main thoroughfare through downtown. Look for the sign in the median strip and turn at the Domino’s pizza joint.
- Area: Really fascinating or absolutely chaotic – depending on your point of view. With numerous hotels in the vicinity, there are abundant shops, cafés, and money-changers, but facilities are mostly for Indian (rather than foreign) tourists. And the anarchic traffic makes crossing the road potentially dangerous.
- How to Get There: About 1.5 km from the Taj Mahal; 5 km from the Agra Cantonment Railway Station, which has most services to/from Delhi and Jaipur; and 12 km from the new airport. All are accessible by taxi or auto-rickshaw.
Hotel Seven Hills Tower, Agra – The Basics
- Guests: Most guests are Indian tourists, but it caters well for foreigners.
- Views: Like most hotels in the region, views are not an attraction. Most rooms directly face the wall of a neighboring hotel, while a few do face the quiet street in front.
- Private Pools/Jacuzzis: Neither expected nor provided at a low-key inner-city hotel like this in Agra.
- How to Book: Booking.com will have the best rates.
- Phone: +91 (0)562 233 0700
- Email: Send a message through their website.
- Website: hotelsevenhillstoweragra.business.site
Hotel Seven Hills Tower, Agra – Amenities
- Pool: Small but probably adequate for the limited number of guests. On the rooftop with awesome views of the streets and – on a smog-free day – glimpses of the Taj Mahal.
- Spa & Fitness Center: Not expected or provided.
- Other Facilities: Travel Desk.
Hotel Seven Hills Tower, Agra – Food and Drink
- Restaurant: The Emperor serves Indian and Chinese food, with meals cooked in front of guests in a traditional method. Tables at the lobby level or on the rooftop, where there is also a bar.
- Breakfast: Decent continental breakfast included.
- Room Service: Available 24/7.
Hotel Seven Hills Tower, Agra – Rooms
- Room Types: Deluxe Rooms • Supreme Suite Rooms • List of all Rooms
- Smoking Rooms: Smoking allowed in some rooms.
- Best Room: The 3 individually-named Supreme Suite Rooms feature a separate living area that is pleasingly spacious.
- For Families: Not set up for families, but ask about an extra 1 or 2 single beds in the Suite Rooms. Or book adjoining rooms (which won’t have connecting doors).
Hotel Seven Hills Tower, Agra – Local Transport
- Walking: The backstreets around the hotel are more pleasant for walking than the main road about 100m away, which is so noisy, crowded, and potholed. A few cafés and plenty of shops nearby; otherwise, take an auto-rickshaw wherever possible.
- Public Transport: Nothing of any use to tourists.
- Taxis & Auto-rickshaws: Taxis (unmetered) are hard to find because they’re rarely needed in this area. If required, arrange through the hotel reception, or book an Ola cab. A few cycle-rickshaws and automated versions can be found along the main road 100m away.
Hotel Seven Hills Tower, Agra – What’s Nearby?
Best Nearby Restaurants & Bars
- Domino’s – Pizzas, pizzas, and pizzas. And a very handy landmark on the corner for the lane to the hotel.
- Taste of India +91 92670 01111 – Premier café set up for Indian tourists, but foreigners are welcome, of course. Authentic food at local prices. Turn right at the main road.
- Howard Plaza The Fern – This hotel has 2 excellent options: Rendezvous (ground-level bistro/bar with pleasing prices) and Glassy (elegant café on the rooftop). Left at the main road.
- The Signature Restaurant – Renowned across Agra for its exquisite Indian food and flamboyant setting. Opposite the Howard Plaza.
- Café Coffee Day – Bright, cheery, and opens early for coffee and light meals all day. 100m past The Signature.
- A livelier area of Agra with plenty of facilities for tourists, i.e. Indians, but foreigners are always welcome. Oversupply of shops all over selling carpets and handicrafts.
- The Taj Mahal is certainly Agra’s, and possibly India’s, number one attraction. The ticket office at the West Gate is only 1.5 km away. Head north up the side street that the hotel faces, or take an auto-rickshaw. Separate entries for men and women. Open from sunrise to sunset, but closed on Fridays.
- Agra Fort – The grand Red Fort (Lal Qila) symbolizes power and resilience. Partly occupied by the Indian Army, tourists can still see multiple mosques, palaces, and other structures inside this vast monument located close to the city center. Open from 6 am to 6 pm on all days. (3 km).
- Itimad-ud-Daula – Popularly thought of as the first draft of the Taj Mahal, and often known as “Baby Taj”. The tomb is the first marble structure built by the Mughals and features intricate lattice work. Open from sunrise to sunset. (7 km).
- Soor Sarovar Bird Sanctuary – A haven for several species of birds and a must-visit for wildlife photographers. Apart from birds, it also houses pythons and Wildlife SOS, the largest bear rescue center in India, as well as the only elephant hospital in the country. (25 km).
- Fatehpur Sikri – This majestic red sandstone fort is known for the Buland Darwaza, Jama Masjid, Tomb of Salim Chishti, Diwan-i-Aam, Diwani-i-Khas, and several other monuments on-site. Built in the 16th-century by Emperor Akbar to celebrate the birth of his son, Jahangir, in Sikri. Open daily from 6 am to 6 pm. Tickets can be bought online from various travel portals or at the fort entrance. (40 km).
Hotel Seven Hills Tower, Agra – The Hotel
All Agra Hotel Reviews
- Atulyaa Taj
- Clarks Shiraz
- Courtyard by Marriott
- Crystal Sarovar Premiere
- Howard Plaza The Fern
- ITC Mughal
- Mansingh Palace
- Oberoi Amarvilas
- Pushp Villa
- Taj Hotel & Convention Centre
- Taj Resorts
- Best Hotels in Bengaluru
- Where to Stay in Bengaluru
- Best Hotels in Chennai
- Where to Stay in Chennai
- Best Hotels in Delhi
- Where to Stay in Delhi
- Best Hotels in Goa
- Best Family Hotels in Goa
- Where to Stay in Goa
- Best Hotels in Jaipur
- Where to Stay in Jaipur
- Best Hotels in Jodhpur
- Where to Stay in Jodhpur
- Best Hotels in Kolkata
- Where to Stay in Kolkata
- Best Hotels in Mumbai
- Where to Stay in Mumbai