Hyatt Centric Candolim Goa – Convenient, quiet, contemporary, and compact; not beachside, but amongst the action.
One of the newest and funkiest hotels along the main road, the Hyatt is hidden behind the O2 Spa and is distant from traffic. Maximizing the limited available space, most rooms face inwards overlooking the pool and courtyard. The standard rooms are a little undersized but still functional, modern, and comfortable, while the more expensive ones feature balconies. The pool is small but serviceable, although it’s also utilized by an on-site diving agency. The gym and outdoor café, however, are as spacious as any larger resort. With a kids’ pool and games area, it caters well for families. Forsaking gardens and space for convenience, the Hyatt is located near numerous places to eat, drink, and shop, and a short walk from the attractive and uncrowded beach.
Hyatt Centric Candolim Goa – The Location
- Address: Along the northern end of Candolim, a major tourist region in a southern part of North Goa, near the invisible border with Calangute. The entrance – about 150m from the main road – is easy to miss behind the ochre-colored O2 Spa. (Most places in Goa don’t have an address.)
- Area: Plenty of tourist facilities in both directions along the road, and about 600m from the beach.
- How to Get There: From the airport (40 km, 70-minute drive), there is little choice except overpriced pre-paid taxis. The nearest major train station is at Vasco da Gama, 40 km away (90-minute drive).
- Handy to: Facilities and beaches at Candolim and Calangute.
Hyatt Centric Candolim Goa – The Basics
- Guests: Holidaymakers from all over, including families.
- Views: Within a confined space in a built-up area, so views are not that great. Rooms face the courtyard, pool, and/or other balconies 30m away, or the sides of other buildings.
- Private Pools/Jacuzzis: With limited space throughout, these are not expected (or provided).
- Parking: Handful of spots near the lobby, so arrange when booking.
- How to Book: Booking.com will have the best rates.
- Phone: +91 (0) 832 716 1234
- Email: [email protected]
- Website: hyatt.com
Hyatt Centric Candolim Goa – Amenities
- Pool: Small, so it could get crowded easily. Shared with a scuba-diving agency instructing students, which can be disruptive. In a built-up courtyard, so there’s little direct sun.
- Spa: The separately-run O2 Spa is in front of the hotel, facing the road. Part of a country-wide chain offering a long list of treatments.
- Fitness Center: Decent size and well-equipped. Accessible 24/7.
- For Families: Games area with a pool table. Playground.
- Other Facilities: Scuba-diving agency. Laundry. Business services. Money-exchange.
Hyatt Centric Candolim Goa – Food and Drink
- Restaurant & Bar: The GROK bistro is in a chic but casual setting indoors and outdoors. Communal tables for meeting other guests, buffet breakfast, tasty Goan specialties all day, and salad bar at dinner. Laid-back bar/lounge attached for signature cocktails. Open 24/7.
- Breakfast: Not included, but available for an extra charge.
- Room Service: Available 24/7.
Hyatt Centric Candolim Goa – Rooms
- Room Types: 1 King Bed Rooms • 1 King Pool View Rooms • 1 King Bed Pool View Deluxe Rooms • 2 Twin Bed Rooms • 2 Twin Pool View Rooms • 1 King Balcony Rooms • 2 Twin Balcony Rooms • 1 Bedroom King Suite (1 only) • List of all Rooms
- Smoking Rooms: Smoking is allowed in a few rooms. Check when booking.
- Best Room: Twice the size of the standard rooms, the 1 Bedroom King Suite (1 only) is on a higher floor for superior views, distant from the pool, and with a separate living area.
- For Families: Some rooms feature sofas that can convert into single beds.
Hyatt Centric Candolim Goa – Local Transport
- Walking: Some sidewalks and plenty to see along the main road, but strolling is nicer along the side streets to the beach.
- Public Transport: Local buses are convenient and frequent. They travel up and down – and stop anywhere along – the main road through Candolim and Calangute. Some detour to Panaji (Panjim), the state capital and regional transport hub, via a stop opposite the Acacia hotel (2 km south). No metro or any local trains of use to tourists.
- Taxis & Auto-rickshaws: A few auto-rickshaws (which won’t use meters), but no metered taxis. Uber/Ola don’t operate anywhere in Goa, but app-based rides can be arranged through Goa Miles. The only options for longer trips are unmetered private ‘taxis’ which can be arranged at the hotel or with drivers hanging about the streets.
- Cars & Motorbikes: Goa is the only place in India where renting a car or motorbike is feasible. There are no internationally-recognized agencies, so renting at a local shop presents obvious risks. Best to organize through the hotel. Rides on the back of a motorbike (called a ‘pilot’) are possible; ask around.
Hyatt Centric Candolim Goa – What’s Nearby?
Best Nearby Restaurants & Bars
- Kailash Parbat – Part of a country-wide chain and a trendy meeting spot for contemporary Indian cuisine. 25m north.
- Coffee House Candolim – Adorably quaint spot for a coffee or light meal in a garden setting. Opposite Kailash Parbat.
- Southi Resto Bar – Bright and cheerful, with tables also facing the road. Upmarket versions of Indian street food. About 250m south.
- Barrica Bistro +91 79774 62353 – Cute place for a coffee and sandwiches. Just south of, um, Southi. (300m).
- Many would probably prefer a cheap meal and cold drink, especially at sunset, at one of the cafés on the beach (see below). All are fairly similar, but particularly inviting is Lopes’s Beach Shack.
- No shortage of places to spend Rupees, especially at the numerous tailors and jewelers. Closest decent supermarket is Newton’s, less than 1 km north.
- The beach is wide, clean, and not too crowded. Spread across the sand, a few casual cafés sell food and drinks and also rent out sunbeds and umbrellas. Always swim between the flags. Lifeguards are on duty between about 10 am and sunset. From the main road in front of the Hyatt, head left (south) and take the next right at the turn-off signposted ‘Sonesta Inns’. (600m).
Hyatt Centric Candolim Goa – The Hotel
All Goa Hotel Reviews
- The Acacia Hotel & Spa Goa
- Acron Candolim Regina
- Alagoa Resort
- Alila Diwa
- The Avenue Calangute
- Beleza by the Beach
- Casablanca Resort
- Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Goa Candolim
- The Crown Goa
- The Diwa Club
- Goa Villagio Resort & Spa
- Hard Rock Hotel Goa
- Holiday Inn Resort, Goa
- Hospedaria Abrigo de Botelho
- John’s Highland Comfort Guest House
- Karma Royal Haathi Mahal
- La Sunila Suites
- Lemon Tree Amarante Beach Resort
- Mateus Boutique Hotel
- Novotel Goa Candolim Hotel
- Novotel Goa Dona Sylvia Resort Hotel
- Radisson Goa Candolim
- Radisson Blu Resort Goa Cavelossim Beach
- River Castle
- Santana Beach Resort
- Sonesta Inns
- Tranquility Cottage Resort
- WelcomHeritage Panjim Inn, Pousada, & Peoples
- Whispering Palms Beach Resort
- Best Hotels in Agra
- Where to Stay in Agra
- Best Hotels in Bengaluru
- Where to Stay in Bengaluru
- Best Hotels in Chennai
- Where to Stay in Chennai
- Best Hotels in Delhi
- Where to Stay in Delhi
- Best Hotels in Jaipur
- Where to Stay in Jaipur
- Best Hotels in Jodhpur
- Where to Stay in Jodhpur
- Best Hotels in Kolkata
- Where to Stay in Kolkata
- Best Hotels in Mumbai
- Where to Stay in Mumbai