India › Chennai Hotels › Hyatt Regency Review
Updated: March 18, 2022
• Location: Anna Salai in Teynampet.
• Hotel website: hyatt.com
• Hotel phone: +91 (0)44 6100 1234
• Check prices for Hyatt Regency
Hyatt Regency – Big, brash, and glitzy, offering plenty of space and style.
With a size, standard, and layout expected of this international chain, the Hyatt soars above everything else in this inner-city suburb. All rooms and suites are reasonably spacious and feature minimalist décor, large desks, and floor-to-ceiling windows that provide some of the city’s finest views. The amenities are also top-notch, including a huge outdoor pool (with a splash area for children) and an entire level packed with sophisticated bistros and bars. Featuring an almost space-age triangular design, the Hyatt can offer space rarely found elsewhere, but it feels a little isolated, though it’s only a few minutes from a metro station providing direct services to the airport and downtown.
Hyatt Regency – The Location
- Address: 365 Anna Salai (Mount Road), a major thoroughfare through Chennai, in the inner southern suburb of Teynampet.
- Nearest Metro: AG-DMS metro station is just around the corner on the main road (200m).
- Area: Non-descript area and next to a mall (which is almost deserted).
- How to Get There: There are efficient pre-paid taxi counters at the domestic and international airports; the trip takes about 45 minutes (15 km). (Uber and Ola seem to be off-limits there.) The hotel is linked by metro to the airport, Central and Egmore train terminals, and CMBT (Koyambedu) bus station. See Local Transport below for more information.
Hyatt Regency – The Basics
- Guests: Mostly Indian and foreign business people, but a few tourists from across the globe.
- Views: Easily the tallest building anywhere in the area, so views are vast. Set back from the main road and with soundproofing, none of the rooms facing the road are affected by traffic noise.
- Kitchens: The Diplomat and Presidential suites feature kitchenettes.
- Private Pools/Jacuzzis: None provided, but not really expected at this sort of inner-city business-oriented hotel in Chennai.
- Extras: Some guests with access to the Club Lounge also receive free airport transfers. Daily newspaper delivered to each room.
- How to Book: Booking.com will have the best rates.
- Phone: +91 (0)44 6100 1234
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: hyatt.com
Hyatt Regency – Amenities
- Pool: Huge, outdoors, and oddly only accessible from a higher floor. Lacks shade but there are some sunbeds undercover. Fairly large separate area for the younger ones to splash in.
- Spa: The luxurious Siddh Spa offers a far better range of treatments than most hotels of this standard. Six private rooms, steam room, sauna, and whirlpool.
- Fitness Center: As well-equipped as expected and popular among guests.
- For Families: Baby-sitting.
- Other Facilities: Business center (24/7). Laundry. Money-changing. Travel desk.
Hyatt Regency – Food and Drink
- Restaurants: Spice Haat – Buffets for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, and menu offering vast range of Indian and western food. Live cooking stations, and popular for Sunday brunch. • Focaccia – Traditional Italian food but much more than just pizza and pasta. Book ahead for the Saturday brunch. • Stix – Focuses on authentic street food from China in a fascinating setting. • Yakiniku – Authentic Japanese menu in a casual and spacious position facing the garden. Communal tables, family-friendly, and teppanyaki station. Dinner only. • Biscotti – Bakery and delicatessen with award-winning pastries and chocolates.
- Bars: 365 A.S. – Named after the address (365 Anna Salai), this chic bar/lounge is popular with local workers. Leather lounges and city views. • Lobby Lounge – Elegant décor and open 24 hours.
- Breakfast: Not included, but available for an extra cost. Those with Club Access receive free continental breakfast.
- Room Service: Available 24/7.
Hyatt Regency – Rooms
- Room Types: 1 King Bed • 1 King Bed High Floor • 2 Twin Beds High Floor • 1 King Bed Club Access • 1 King Bed with Club Access Deluxe • 2 Twin Beds with Club Access Deluxe • 2 Twin Beds • Regency Suites King • Regency Executive Suites • Diplomat Suites • Presidential Suites • List of all Rooms
- Smoking Rooms: Ask the management about dedicated smoking rooms.
- Best Room: On the top floor for superior views, the Presidential Suites are about 8 times larger than the standard rooms. Featuring kitchenettes, dining areas, and Club extras like cocktail hours and airport transfers.
- For Families: More of a business hotel but 1 or 2 extra single beds can be fitted into the suites and larger rooms.
Hyatt Regency – Local Transport
- Walking: Faces a busy road. There are some basic sidewalks and a few mildly interesting shops in the area. Cross the road using the underpass at the metro station.
- Public Transport: The metro offers services to both airport terminals, the major train and bus stations, and the city center. The nearest metro station – AG-DMS – is only 200m north up the road.
- Taxis & Auto-rickshaws: The black-and-yellow taxis at the airport are nowhere to be seen in the city. Instead, they have been replaced by the app-based Uber and Ola. Plenty of auto-rickshaws around but the drivers won’t use meters, so they usually cost more than Uber or Ola.
Hyatt Regency – What’s Nearby?
Best Nearby Restaurants & Bars
- In the Courtyard Chennai hotel, about 500m north up the road, are Paprika (casual café with extra-long menu) and Rhapsody (friendly bar/bistro at lobby level).
Otherwise, head south down the main road and continue straight along Cenotaph Road (about 1.5 km from the Hyatt). In a cluster about 100m apart are:
- Hokkaido Japanese Restaurant – Award-winning cuisine and authentic décor at pleasing prices.
- Ambrosia Café & Bakery – Delicious baked items. The attached cafe serves nice Korean fare.
- Café Coffee Day – One in a countrywide chain of reliable cafés selling drinks and light meals.
- Part of the hotel building, Ramee Mall is mostly closed these days but may pick up later. A few other shops of mild interest to tourists are just past the Courtyard Chennai hotel (see above).
Hyatt Regency – The Hotel
All Chennai Hotel Reviews
- Ambassador Pallava
- Avenue 11 Boutique Residences
- Courtyard by Marriott
- Crowne Plaza Adyar Park
- E Hotel
- Grand Chennai
- La Woods Hotel
- Novotel Chamiers Road
- Radisson Blu City Centre
- Raintree, Anna Salai
- Residency Towers
- Taj Club House
- Taj Connemara
- The Residency
- Best Hotels in Agra
- Where to Stay in Agra
- Best Hotels in Bengaluru
- Where to Stay in Bengaluru
- Best Hotels in Delhi
- Where to Stay in Delhi
- Best Hotels in Goa
- Best Family Hotels in Goa
- Where to Stay in Goa
- Best Hotels in Jaipur
- Where to Stay in Jaipur
- Best Hotels in Jodhpur
- Where to Stay in Jodhpur
- Best Hotels in Kolkata
- Where to Stay in Kolkata
- Best Hotels in Mumbai
- Where to Stay in Mumbai
Get All New Content• My Travel Newsletter