Ibis Aerocity – Affordable, reliable, convenient, functional, and ideal for transits.
Substantially larger than many other Ibis hotels across Asia, this property is very popular with packaged tours and airline crews. Guests are attracted by the rates, which are less expensive than most rivals, and prime position within Aerocity, a purpose-built suburb of hotels, malls, cafés, and offices only a few minutes by car/taxi from the airport. Adding to the appeal of the spacious rooms are the Indian-style decorations and corner sitting areas with desks facing the windows. And the Ibis is also only a few minutes on foot to the metro station, with express services to downtown Delhi, and to the top-notch Worldmark malls, home to numerous places to eat, drink, and shop.
Ibis Aerocity – The Location
- Address: In Aerocity, a modern suburb with nothing but hotels and tourist facilities; in fact, no-one lives there. About 10 minutes (4.5 km) by car/taxi from the international and domestic terminals.
- Nearest Metro: Aerocity metro station is about 500m from the hotel.
- Area: More tranquil, tidy, and secure, and far less hassle than staying anywhere in the city center. Plenty of facilities within walking distance.
- How to Get There: Some rooms include a 1 or 2-way transfer to/from the airport. Otherwise, get a taxi. See Local Transport below for information about the Delhi Metro.
- Handy to: Airport.
Ibis Aerocity – The Basics
- Guests: Overwhelmingly caters for transit passengers, either tourists on packaged trips or business people between flights.
- Views: On a corner, with many more rooms offering better views than those at rival hotels. Rooms facing the main road or airport are heavily soundproofed, while others face inwards and overlook the pool.
- Private Pools/Jacuzzis: Not really expected or provided at this sort of airport hotel in Delhi.
- Extras: Some rates include 1 or 2-way transfers to/from the airport.
- How to Book: Booking.com will have the best rates.
- Phone: +91 (0)11 4302 0202
- Email: H7484email@example.com
- Website: all.accor.com
Ibis Aerocity – Amenities
- Pool: The outdoor pool provides welcome relief during the hotter months.
- Spa: None.
- Fitness Center: iFit is as compact and functional as the hotel itself, with just enough to please gym goers.
- Other Facilities: Laundry. Money-changing. Business services. Computer stations.
Ibis Aerocity – Food and Drink
- Restaurant & Bar: Spice It – Sunny and airy café opposite the reception area. Buffet breakfast and a la carte meals all day. Open-plan kitchen. • The Hub – All-day bar/lounge with light meals and plenty of drinks.
- Breakfast: Not included but can be paid for when booking or on the day.
- Room Service: Available during restaurant hours of about 7 am to 10 pm.
Ibis Aerocity – Rooms
- Room Types: Standard Rooms only, with queen or twin beds. Also, ‘My Room – Experience the Mystery’ (see below). • List of all Rooms
- Smoking Rooms: Some rooms allow smoking.
- Best Room: Unique offering is something called ‘My Room – Experience the Mystery’. According to the website, ‘each room narrates a unique story of its employees, waiting to be told.’ (However, they look the same as the other rooms…)
- For Families: All rooms can fit in an extra single bed, and some have connecting doors.
Ibis Aerocity – Local Transport
- Walking: Plenty of facilities within the suburb of Aerocity, which is about 1km by 400m in area. The special zone offers things rarely (if ever) found elsewhere in Delhi: e.g. shady footpaths, minimal traffic, and no hassles.
- Public Transport: The Delhi Metro is quick, reliable, and excellent value. An express service, with only 4 stops, links Aerocity with the New Delhi station, attached to the main railway terminal. The Aerocity metro station is about 500m down the road from the hotel (past the Holiday Inn).
- Taxis & Rickshaws: Taxis are white, poorly-signed, and even harder to find in Aerocity than elsewhere in Delhi. Best arranged through the hotel. None will use a meter and all are outrageously overpriced, so many locals use Uber and Ola. Oddly, there are no auto-rickshaws in Aerocity.
Ibis Aerocity – What’s Nearby?
Best Nearby Restaurants & Bars
- The area is packed with upmarket hotels offering classy bistros and bars. The closest, and one of the best, is Holiday Inn, just 300m south down the road and featuring: Viva (all-day dining, offering buffets and open-plan kitchen), Bella Italia (pasta, pizza, grills, and gelato in a cozy setting), and The Hangar (open until late, with intimate setting and pub-style meals).
In and around the Worldmark shopping malls (see below) are many fabulous options, including:
- Underdoggs Aerocity – Award-winning sports bar open all day. Tasty pub-style food, trendy décor, hip crowd, and live music. (150m).
- Plum by Bent Chair – Quirky décor and hearty portions. As famous for its chairs as its cocktails and curries. (200m).
- Dhaba – Popular for authentic local food and the cozy and colorful setting. (250m).
- Kylin Experience – Very swish bistro/bar specializing in Japanese cuisine. (250m).
- Food Capital +91 85277 26011 – Expansive basement food court with several tempting eateries offering Indian, Chinese, and western food, e.g. pizzas. (250m).
- Worldmark 1, 2, and 3 are a trio of massive western-style shopping malls. All are alongside each other, just around the corner and within a 1-2 minute walk of the hotel. The malls are also home to well-known outlets, e.g. Starbucks and Subway, as well as numerous boutiques and minimarts. (200m).
Ibis Aerocity – The Hotel
All Delhi Hotel Reviews
- Andaz Aerocity
- B Nineteen
- Holiday Inn International Airport
- Hyatt Regency
- The Imperial
- La Sagrita
- The LaLiT
- Le Méridien
- Leela Ambience Convention Hotel
- Leela Palace
- Lemon Tree Premier, Airport
- The Lodhi
- The Oberoi
- Pride Plaza Aerocity
- Radisson Blu Marina Connaught Place
- Shangri-La Eros
- Taj Mahal
- Best Hotels in Agra
- Where to Stay in Agra
- Best Hotels in Bengaluru
- Where to Stay in Bengaluru
- Best Hotels in Chennai
- Where to Stay in Chennai
- Best Hotels in Goa
- Best Family Hotels in Goa
- Where to Stay in Goa
- Best Hotels in Jaipur
- Where to Stay in Jaipur
- Best Hotels in Jodhpur
- Where to Stay in Jodhpur
- Best Hotels in Kolkata
- Where to Stay in Kolkata
- Best Hotels in Mumbai
- Where to Stay in Mumbai