Home > Juhu Residency Boutique Hotel Review
Updated: October 8, 2019
Juhu Residency Boutique Hotel – Small, likable, great value, and close to the sea.
Like many in the neighborhood, it doesn’t face the beach – nor does it have beachfront rates – but this cute boutique hotel does offer more style and personality than most charmless motel-style options nearby. Nearly all rooms are sheltered from traffic noise, and all are pleasingly spacious. The sitting areas and large beds are appealing, although windows are a little undersized because of the unremarkable views. As well as the inexpensive rates (which include breakfast), the other major drawcard is the location: just minutes from the beach, surrounded by stylish cafés and familiar fast-food outlets, and an excellent supermarket hidden at the back. And being so close to both airport terminals, it’s a worthy option as a transit hotel.
Juhu Residency Boutique Hotel – The Location
- Address: 148 Juhu Tara Road, the main road alongside Juhu Beach, a popular area in the northern suburbs. Faces the gigantic JW Marriott resort.
- Area: On the other side of the road from the beach, which is only 200m away. Plenty of cafés and bars, and a few shops, in the immediate area.
- How to Get There: From the airport, get a taxi at a pre-paid counter (8km, about 30 minutes to either terminal). The Andheri train station and connected metro station are 20 minutes (4.5km) away.
- Handy to: Juhu Beach. Domestic and international airport terminals.
Juhu Residency Boutique Hotel – The Basics
- Guests: Some Indian business people, but mostly tourists from across the country and elsewhere.
- Views: Some rooms face the main road, but don’t suffer much from traffic noise. Those to the side face an adjacent building. For the best (and quietest) street views, get a room to the back.
- Private Pools/Jacuzzis: Certainly not expected (or provided) at this sort of low-key hotel.
- Extras: Newspaper delivered to each room.
- Wi-Fi: Free throughout for all guests.
- How to Book: Booking.com will have the best rates.
- Phone: +91 (0)22 6783 4949
- Email: [email protected]
- Website: juhuresidency.com
Juhu Residency Boutique Hotel – Amenities
- Pool, Spa, & Fitness Center: Not expected (or provided).
- Other Facilities: Travel desk. Money-changing. Laundry.
Juhu Residency Boutique Hotel – Food and Drink
- Restaurants & Bars: Melting Pot – Casual, well-priced, and popular among locals. Buddhist statues and art add to the appeal. Great seafood. • 49 Grills – Popular lounge/bar on the rooftop. Street views and distant sunsets. (Normally only open for private events.)
- Breakfast: Included in all rates, which is rare among rivals.
- Room Service: Available 24/7, but a limited menu overnight.
Juhu Residency Boutique Hotel – Rooms
- Room Types: Premium Rooms • Executive Rooms
- Smoking Rooms: No smoking on the premises.
- Best Room: Executive Rooms are slightly larger and more modern. Those on the top floor and further from the road and reception area will be the quietest.
- For Families: Not really set up for families. Space for an extra single bed in some rooms; otherwise, booking adjoining rooms, but they won’t have connecting doors.
Juhu Residency Boutique Hotel – Local Transport
- Walking: One of the finest areas in Mumbai for strolling, especially along the extensive beach. There are some sidewalks and plenty of places to eat and shop nearby.
- Public Transport: Nothing of any use to tourists. The Mumbai Metro probably won’t reach this far until about 2025.
- Taxis & Auto-rickshaws: Plenty of black-and-yellow taxis along the road. They have meters and drivers will use them without too many arguments. Unlike the city center, auto-rickshaws operate here, and also usually use their meters. Rides can also be booked using Uber and Ola apps.
Juhu Residency Boutique Hotel – What’s Nearby?
Restaurants & Bars
These places are within 1km south of the Juhu Residency (towards and past the Ramada Plaza Palm Grove hotel).
- Ten One – Next to the Juhu Residency, this chic bistro/bar focuses on contemporary south Indian vegetarian cuisine. 1-minute walk (50m).
- Shiv Sagar – One in a city-wide chain of reliable vegetarian restaurants. Always good value and perennially popular. 3-minute walk (300m).
- TAP – Trendy meeting spot on the ground floor. Focus on grills. Also, live music, DJs, and TV sports. 5-minute walk (400m).
- Bora Bora – Above TAP and similar layout. More of a bar than a café, but great Italian food. Live music most nights. 5-minute walk (400m).
- Ramada Plaza – This hotel offers a few decent options: Tangerine Café (24-hour coffee shop), Oriental Bowl (authentic Chinese), and Shooters (sophisticated bar). 6-minute walk (450m).
- Domino’s – Familiar pizza joint notable for the rooftop eating area with views rivaling those at 5-star resorts. 6-minute walk (500m).
- The bustling food court, just past the Ramada Plaza Palm Grove hotel, is home to about 30 stalls selling street food. Might be a good time and place to try pav bhaji (spicy vegetable curry with buttery bread) or tawa pulao (traditional fried rice). 6-minute walk (500m).
- Citizen Hotel – Offers fabulous beachside options: Bay View Restaurant & Bar (sea views, impressive service, and extensive menu), and Sea Side Patio (almost on the sand, and perfect for sunsets). 11-minute walk (900m).
Shops & Markets
- Juhu is the premier beach in Mumbai. Implausibly packed on public holidays and weekends, it is relatively quiet on weekdays. The beach is the sort found in Goa: extensive, scenic, reasonably clean, and usually fine for swimming. A few water sports can also be arranged at a spot in front of the Citizen Hotel. 11-minute walk (900m).
Juhu Residency Boutique Hotel – The Hotel
All Mumbai Hotel Reviews
- The Best Hotels in Agra
- Where to Stay in Agra
- The Best Hotels in Bengaluru
- Where to Stay in Bengaluru
- The Best Hotels in Chennai
- Where to Stay in Chennai
- The Best Hotels in Delhi
- Where to Stay in Delhi
- The Best Hotels in Goa
- The Best Family Hotels in Goa
- Where to Stay in Goa
- The Best Hotels in Jaipur
- Where to Stay in Jaipur
- The Best Hotels in Jodhpur
- Where to Stay in Jodhpur
- The Best Hotels in Kolkata
- Where to Stay in Kolkata
- The Best Hotels in Mumbai
- Where to Stay in Mumbai