Juhu Residency – Small, likable, great value, and close to the sea.
Like many in the neighborhood, it doesn’t face the beach – nor does it have beachfront rates – but this cute boutique hotel does offer more style and personality than most charmless motel-style options nearby. Nearly all rooms are sheltered from traffic noise, and all are pleasingly spacious. The sitting areas and large beds are appealing, although windows are a little undersized because of the unremarkable views. As well as the inexpensive rates (which include breakfast), the other major drawcard is the location: just minutes from the beach, surrounded by stylish cafés and familiar fast-food outlets, and an excellent supermarket hidden at the back. And being so close to both airport terminals, it’s a worthy option as a transit hotel.
Juhu Residency – The Location
- Address: 148 Juhu Tara Road, the main road alongside Juhu Beach, a popular area in the northern suburbs. Faces the gigantic JW Marriott resort.
- Area: On the other side of the road from the beach, which is only 200m away. Plenty of cafés and bars, and a few shops, in the immediate area.
- How to Get There: From the airport, get a taxi at a pre-paid counter (8 km, about 30 minutes to either terminal). The Andheri train station and connected metro station are 20 minutes (5 km) away.
- Handy to: Juhu Beach. Domestic and international airport terminals.
Juhu Residency – The Basics
- Guests: Some Indian business people, but mostly tourists from across the country and elsewhere.
- Views: Some rooms face the main road, but don’t suffer much from traffic noise. Those to the side face an adjacent building. For the best (and quietest) street views, get a room to the back.
- Private Pools/Jacuzzis: Certainly not expected (or provided) at this sort of low-key hotel.
- Extras: Newspaper delivered to each room.
- How to Book: Booking.com will have the best rates.
- Phone: +91 (0)22 6783 4949
- Email: [email protected]
- Website: juhuresidency.com
Juhu Residency – Amenities
- Pool, Spa, & Fitness Center: Not expected (or provided).
- Other Facilities: Travel desk. Money-changing. Laundry.
Juhu Residency – Food and Drink
- Restaurants & Bars: Melting Pot – Casual, well-priced, and popular among locals. Buddhist statues and art add to the appeal. Great seafood. • 49 Grills – Popular lounge/bar on the rooftop. Street views and distant sunsets. (Normally only open for private events.)
- Breakfast: Included in all rates, which is rare among rivals.
- Room Service: Available 24/7, but a limited menu overnight.
Juhu Residency – Rooms
- Room Types: Premium Rooms • Executive Rooms • List of all Rooms
- Smoking Rooms: No smoking on the premises.
- Best Room: Executive Rooms are slightly larger and more modern. Those on the top floor and further from the road and reception area will be the quietest.
- For Families: Not really set up for families. Space for an extra single bed in some rooms; otherwise, booking adjoining rooms, but they won’t have connecting doors.
Juhu Residency – Local Transport
- Walking: One of the finest areas in Mumbai for strolling, especially along the extensive beach. There are some sidewalks and plenty of places to eat and shop nearby.
- Public Transport: Nothing of any use to tourists. The Mumbai Metro probably won’t reach this far until about 2023.
- Taxis & Auto-rickshaws: Plenty of black-and-yellow taxis along the road. They have meters and drivers will use them without too many arguments. Unlike the city center, auto-rickshaws operate here, and also usually use their meters. Rides can also be booked using Uber and Ola apps.
Juhu Residency – What’s Nearby?
Best Nearby Restaurants & Bars
These places are within 1 km south of the Juhu Residency (towards and past the Ramada Plaza Palm Grove hotel).
- Ten One – Next to the Juhu Residency, this chic bistro/bar focuses on contemporary south Indian vegetarian cuisine.
- Shiv Sagar – One in a city-wide chain of reliable vegetarian restaurants. Always good value and perennially popular.
- TAP – Trendy meeting spot on the ground floor. Focus on grills. Also, live music, DJs, and TV sports.
- Bora Bora – Above TAP and similar layout. More of a bar than a café, but great Italian food. Live music most nights.
- Ramada Plaza – This hotel offers a few decent options: Tangerine Café (24-hour coffee shop), Oriental Bowl (authentic Chinese), and Shooters (sophisticated bar).
- Domino’s – Familiar pizza joint notable for the rooftop eating area with views rivaling those at 5-star resorts.
- The bustling food court, just past the Ramada Plaza Palm Grove hotel, is home to about 30 stalls selling street food. Might be a good time and place to try pav bhaji (spicy vegetable curry with buttery bread) or tawa pulao (traditional fried rice).
- Citizen Hotel – Offers fabulous beachside options: Bay View Restaurant & Bar (sea views, impressive service, and extensive menu), and Sea Side Patio (almost on the sand, and perfect for sunsets).
Nearby Shops & Markets
- Behind the Juhu Residency is the fantastic Nature’s Basket supermarket. Packed with organic products and fruits, as well as imported cheese, wines, and other goodies. Outstanding, and worth staying at the hotel just to be near this place.
- Juhu is the premier beach in Mumbai. Implausibly packed on public holidays and weekends, it is relatively quiet on weekdays. The beach is the sort found in Goa: extensive, scenic, reasonably clean, and usually fine for swimming. A few water sports can also be arranged at a spot in front of the Citizen Hotel.
Juhu Residency – The Hotel
All Mumbai Hotel Reviews
- Abode Bombay
- Gordon House
- InterContinental Marine Drive
- Hotel Kemps Corner
- Radisson Andheri MIDC
- Ramada Plaza Palm Grove
- Sahara Star
- Taj Mahal Palace
- Trident Nariman Point
- Best Hotels in Agra
- Where to Stay in Agra
- Best Time to Visit Agra
- Best Hotels in Bengaluru
- Where to Stay in Bengaluru
- Best Time to Visit Bengaluru
- Best Hotels in Chennai
- Where to Stay in Chennai
- Best Time to Visit Chennai
- Best Hotels in Delhi
- Where to Stay in Delhi
- Best Time to Visit Delhi
- Best Hotels in Goa
- Best Family Hotels in Goa
- Where to Stay in Goa
- Best Time to Visit Goa
- Best Hotels in Jaipur
- Where to Stay in Jaipur
- Best Time to Visit Jaipur
- Best Hotels in Jodhpur
- Where to Stay in Jodhpur
- Best Time to Visit Jodhpur
- Best Hotels in Kolkata
- Where to Stay in Kolkata
- Best Time to Visit Kolkata