Justa MG Road Hotel – Small and serene boutique hotel in downtown.
Remarkably convenient, yet astoundingly quiet, the Justa is down a lane from the chaotic M.G. Road in the city center. One in a countrywide chain, this hotel offers no extras, such as a pool, spa, or gym, but rates are accordingly low. Rooms offer a little more color than most rivals, and the suites featuring semi-separate living areas with teak furniture are surprisingly spacious. Except for those facing the front, views are unexceptional, and rooms can be a little dark, but more importantly, they are all quiet. However, it’s mostly about the low rates and top location: a metro station, huge mall, and numerous cafés are within a brief stroll.
Justa MG Road Hotel – The Location
(Not to be confused with the sister hotel, Justa Off MG Road, about 1 km away.)
- Address: 21/14 Craig Park Layout. Well-signed, 100m down from M.G. (Mahatma Gandhi) Road in the inner city.
- Nearest Metro: Trinity station is right outside the door.
- Area: Affluent business and shopping district along the eastern end of M.G. Road. Decent cafés and a metro station within a 5-minute walk. Large mall just around the corner.
- How to Get There: From the airport (35 km), take a metered taxi or arrange a pick-up with Uber or Ola (see below). Just as quick, and far cheaper, are the comfortable blue express buses (24 hours) that stop along M.G. Road. About 7 km from the Bengaluru City (Krantivira Sangolli Rayanna) railway terminal and adjoining Majestic (Kempegowda) bus station.
- Handy to: 1MG-Lido Mall.
Justa MG Road Hotel – The Basics
- Guests: All sorts, including foreign tourists who appreciate the low rates and convenient location.
- Views: Only rooms facing the front offer any decent views. Others look directly into another building, as is expected in this built-up area.
- Private Pools/Jacuzzis: Certainly not expected (or provided) at this inner-city boutique hotel.
- Extras: Daily newspaper delivered to the rooms.
- How to Book: Booking.com will have the best rates.
- Phone: +91 (0)80 4113 555
- Email: [email protected]
- Website: justahotels.com
Justa MG Road Hotel – Amenities
- Pool, Spa, & Fitness Center: This sort of inner-city boutique hotel would not be expected to provide any of these facilities.
- Other Facilities: Laundry.
Justa MG Road Hotel – Food and Drink
- Restaurant: Modest café on the rooftop does little more than serve breakfast to guests, but the views are impressive.
- Breakfast: Not included, but worth paying extra for. Served on the rooftop café.
- Room Service: Officially available 24/7, but in reality, little is offered overnight.
Justa MG Road Hotel – Rooms
- Room Types: Superior Rooms • Deluxe Rooms • Luxury Rooms • Suites • List of all Rooms
- Smoking Rooms: Smoking may be allowed in some rooms. Ask the management when booking.
- Best Room: Suites are twice as large as the rooms, and feature semi-separate living areas.
- For Families: The management is happy to allow a family of 4 in any room, but this would be a tight squeeze. Two suites have connecting doors, so they’re ideal for families of 4 or more.
Justa MG Road Hotel – Local Transport
- Walking: The backstreets are pleasant for a stroll, but it’s less appealing along the frenetic M.G. Road which is at the top of the lane to the hotel.
- Public Transport: The Namma (Bengaluru) Metro has limited services but does go to the main bus and train stations. The nearest station – Trinity – is right outside the door.
- Taxis & Auto-rickshaws: Very few taxis along the main road, so one is best arranged through reception. Otherwise, Uber and Ola are very common. For most trips around the city, auto-rickshaws are good enough, but drivers won’t use meters, so bargain hard.
Justa MG Road Hotel – What’s Nearby?
Restaurants & Bars
These places are within 500m east along M.G. Road. Simply, turn right at the top of the lane from the hotel.
- Pizza Hut – This familiar outlet is in the same building as a Starbucks.
- Chianti Italian Restaurant and Wine Bar +91 (0)80 4375 5274 – Also in the same building as Pizza Hut, it offers an extended menu of food and wine in an authentic setting.
- The Oberoi – This opulent hotel is on the other side of M.G. Road. (Use the metro underpass.) It offers: The Orchid Room (elegant setting and silver service), Rim Naam (lovely garden position and award-winning Thai menu), and The Polo Club (adorable colonial-style bar/lounge/café). The Oberoi is worth visiting just to explore the amazing gardens.
- Taj MG Road – Just north up the junction with the flyover, this refurbished hotel offers: The Trinity Square (excellent meals and extensive buffets), Memories of China (authentic and popular), and ICE (trendy bar for cocktails and snacks). (500m).
- Mamma Mexicana – One of several restaurants on the top floor of the 1MG-Lido Mall (see below). Long menu, fun décor, and well-priced. (600m).
- This section of M.G. Road seems overrun by banks (none of which change money), but there are a few handicraft stores. The finest shopping is at 1MG-Lido Mall, just north up from the major junction with the flyover, and 600m from the hotel. It offers a games arcade, several great eateries (including familiar fast-food outlets), and a wonderful Foodhall outlet selling fresh and imported produce. The mall is open from 10 am to 10 pm on weekdays and 9 am to 10 pm weekends.
Justa MG Road Hotel – The Hotel
All Bengaluru Hotel Reviews
- Best Hotels in Agra
- Where to Stay in Agra
- Best Hotels in Chennai
- Where to Stay in Chennai
- Best Hotels in Delhi
- Where to Stay in Delhi
- Best Hotels in Goa
- Best Family Hotels in Goa
- Where to Stay in Goa
- Best Hotels in Jaipur
- Where to Stay in Jaipur
- Best Hotels in Jodhpur
- Where to Stay in Jodhpur
- Best Hotels in Kolkata
- Where to Stay in Kolkata
- Best Hotels in Mumbai
- Where to Stay in Mumbai