by Santorini Dave • Updated: July 6, 2019
jüSTa MG Road Hotel – Small and serene boutique hotel in downtown.
Remarkably convenient, yet astoundingly quiet, the oddly-spelt jüSTa is down a lane from the chaotic M.G. Road in the city center. One in a countrywide chain, this hotel offers no extras, such as a pool, spa, or gym, but rates are accordingly low. Rooms offer a little more color than most rivals, and the suites featuring semi-separate living areas of teak furniture are surprisingly spacious. Except for those facing the front, views are unexceptional, and rooms can be a little dark, but more importantly, they are all quiet. However, it’s mostly about the low rates and top location: a metro station, huge mall, and numerous cafés are within a brief stroll.
jüSTa MG Road Hotel – The Location
(Not to be confused with the sister hotel, jüSTa Off MG Road, about 1km away.)
- Address: 21/14 Craig Park Layout. Well-signed, 100m down from M.G. (Mahatma Gandhi) Road in the inner city.
- Area: Affluent business and shopping district along the eastern end of M.G. Road. Decent cafés and a metro station within a 5-minute walk. Large mall just around the corner.
- How to Get There: From the airport (37km, 1-hour drive), take a metered taxi or arrange a pick-up with Uber or Ola (see below). Just as quick, and far cheaper, are the comfortable blue express buses (24 hours) that stop along M.G. Road. About 7km from the Bengaluru City (Krantivira Sangolli Rayanna) railway terminal and adjoining Majestic (Kempegowda) bus station (30-minute drive).
- Handy to: 1MG-Lido Mall.
jüSTa MG Road Hotel – The Basics
- Guests: All sorts, including foreign tourists who appreciate the low rates and convenient location.
- Views: Only rooms facing the front offer any decent views. Others look directly into another building, as is expected in this built-up area.
- Private Pools/Jacuzzis: Certainly not expected (or provided) at this inner-city boutique hotel.
- Extras: Daily newspaper delivered to the rooms.
- Wi-Fi: Free throughout for all guests.
- How to Book: Booking.com will have the best rates.
- Phone: +91 (0)80 4113 555
- Email: [email protected]
- Website: justahotels.com
jüSTa MG Road Hotel – Amenities
- Pool, Spa, & Fitness Center: This sort of inner-city boutique hotel would not be expected to provide any of these facilities.
- Other Facilities: Laundry.
jüSTa MG Road Hotel – Food and Drink
- Restaurant: Modest café on the rooftop does little more than serve breakfast to guests, but the views are impressive.
- Breakfast: Not included, but worth paying extra for. Served on the rooftop café.
- Room Service: Officially available 24/7, but in reality, little is offered overnight.
jüSTa MG Road Hotel – Rooms
- Room Types: Superior Rooms • Deluxe Rooms • Luxury Rooms • Suites
- Smoking Rooms: Smoking may be allowed in some rooms. Ask the management when booking.
- Best Room: Suites are twice as large as the rooms, and feature semi-separate living areas.
- For Families: The management is happy to allow a family of 4 in any room, but this would be a tight squeeze. Two suites have connecting doors, so they’re ideal for families of 4 or more.
jüSTa MG Road Hotel – Local Transport
- Walking: The backstreets are pleasant for a stroll, but it’s less appealing along the frenetic M.G. Road which is at the top of the lane to the hotel.
- Public Transport: The Namma (Bengaluru) Metro has limited services but does go to the main bus and train stations. (Ambitious plans to connect the airport have stalled indefinitely.) The nearest station – Trinity – is just at the top of the lane to the hotel. (Use the underpass.) 2-minute walk (100m).
- Taxis & Auto-rickshaws: Very few taxis along the main road, so one is best arranged through reception. Otherwise, Uber and Ola are very common. For most trips around the city, auto-rickshaws are good enough, but drivers won’t use meters, so bargain hard.
jüSTa MG Road Hotel – What’s Nearby?
Restaurants & Bars
These places are within 500m east along M.G. Road. Simply, turn right at the top of the lane from the hotel.
- Pizza Hut – This familiar outlet is in the same building as a Starbucks. 3-minute walk (250m).
- Chianti Italian Restaurant and Wine Bar +91 (0)80 4375 5274 – Also in the same building as Pizza Hut, it offers an extended menu of food and wine in an authentic setting. 3-minute walk (250m).
- The Oberoi – This opulent hotel is on the other side of M.G. Road. (Use the metro underpass.) It offers: The Orchid Room (elegant setting and silver service), Rim Naam (lovely garden position and award-winning Thai menu), and The Polo Club (adorable colonial-style bar/lounge/café). The Oberoi is worth visiting just to explore the amazing gardens. 3-minute walk.
- Taj MG Road – Just north up the junction with the flyover, this refurbished hotel offers: The Trinity Square (excellent meals and extensive buffets), Memories of China (authentic and popular), and ICE (trendy bar for cocktails and snacks). 7-minute walk (500m).
- Mamma Mexicana – One of several restaurants on the top floor of the 1MG-Lido Mall (see below). Long menu, fun décor, and well-priced. 9-minute walk (600m).
- This section of M.G. Road seems overrun by banks (none of which change money), but there are a few handicraft stores. The finest shopping is at 1MG-Lido Mall, just north up from the major junction with the flyover, and 600m from the hotel. It offers a games arcade, several great eateries (including familiar fast-food outlets), and a wonderful Foodhall outlet selling fresh and imported produce. The mall is open from 10 am to 10 pm on weekdays and 9 am to 10 pm weekends. 8-minute walk.
jüSTa MG Road Hotel – The Hotel
- Adarsh Hamilton – Review
- Casa Cottage – Review
- The Chancery Pavilion – Review
- The Elanza Hotel – Review
- Ibis Bengaluru City Centre Hotel – Review
- ITC Gardenia – Review
- JW Marriott Hotel Bengaluru – Review
- Laika Boutique Stay – Review
- Oakwood Premier Prestige Bangalore – Review
- The Oberoi, Bengaluru – Review
- Radisson Blu Atria Bengaluru – Review
- St. Mark’s Hotel – Review
- Taj MG Road – Review
- Taj West End – Review