JW Marriott Hotel Bengaluru – So large, so swish, and so convenient.
Towering over the expansive Cubbon Park gardens, the Marriott is very fashionable and luxurious. The hotel and its rooms and numerous cafés and bars feature a design that is likably contemporary without being overly chic. Alongside the rooftop pool – one of the city’s finest – is a breezy café with a micro-brewery. Also, the fitness center is enormous and the spa, particularly impressive. The Marriott is adjacent to a fabulous mall (home to a top-notch collection of bistros and boutiques) and across the road from the parks that give Bengaluru the moniker, ‘Garden City’.
JW Marriott Hotel Bengaluru – The Location
- Address: 24/1 Vittal Mallya Road, in the inner city. On the corner of Vittal Mallya Road and Kasturba Road, facing a very busy junction.
- Area: Shady and affluent district of company buildings and upmarket shops. Across the road from the city’s major park (Cubbon Park) and next to a world-class mall, UB City.
- How to Get There: From the airport (35 km), take a metered taxi or arrange a pick-up with Uber or Ola (see below). Just as quick, and far cheaper, are the comfortable blue express buses (24 hours) that stop near the UB City mall, next to the hotel. About 4 km from the Bengaluru City (Krantivira Sangolli Rayanna) railway terminal and adjoining Majestic (Kempegowda) bus station.
- Handy to: UB City mall. Cubbon Park.
JW Marriott Hotel Bengaluru – The Basics
- Guests: Affluent tourists and business people from India and across the globe.
- Views: Many rooms overlook the park just across the road. Others offer street views, which include the outdoor bistro area within the adjacent UB City mall.
- Private Pools/Jacuzzis: None provided, perhaps surprisingly.
- Extras: Guests in the suites have access to the Executive Lounge.
- Wi-Fi: Available free throughout the hotel.
- How to Book: Booking.com will have the best rates.
- Phone: +91 (0)80 6718 9999
- Email: Send an email through their website.
- Website: marriott.com
JW Marriott Hotel Bengaluru – Amenities
- Pool: Fabulous pool on the rooftop. Plenty of undercover terraced areas, and a café with a micro-brewery alongside.
- Spa: The reception area itself at Spa by JW is as spacious as entire spas at most rival hotels. Excellent range of treatments. Also, massage lessons, steam room, and therapy baths.
- Fitness Center: Plenty of the latest equipment, as well as sauna, steam room, and whirlpool. Fabulous views, and personal trainers available. Open 24/7.
- For Families: Cots.
- Other Facilities: Business center. Beauty salon. Money-changing. Travel desk.
JW Marriott Hotel Bengaluru – Food and Drink
- Restaurants & Bars: JW Kitchen – Bright, airy, and spacious, with suitably contemporary design. Buffets at breakfast and lunch, and extensive menu 24/7. Bar attached. • Alba – With window-side tables along a spiral platform. Leave room for their outstanding desserts. • Bar Uno – Next to Alba, on a mezzanine level. Intimate alcoves of chic furniture, and popular for tapas and its extra-long wine list. • Spice Terrace – Lovely pool-side bistro of colorful furniture on the rooftop. Contemporary Indian cuisine and micro-brewery attached. Dinner only.
- Breakfast: Not included, but available for an extra charge.
- Room Service: Available 24/7.
JW Marriott Hotel Bengaluru – Rooms
- Room Types: Deluxe Rooms (some with Balcony) • Executive Rooms (some with Balcony) • Executive Suites • Cubbon Suites • List of all Rooms
- Smoking Rooms: Some rooms may allow smoking.
- Best Room: With Executive Lounge access, the Cubbon Suites are the most spacious, and also offer superior views.
- For Families: Some rooms and suites have connecting doors. Suites feature separate living/dining areas which can fit in 1 or 2 extra single beds.
JW Marriott Hotel Bengaluru – Local Transport
- Walking: One of the nicest areas in the city for walking, especially past the mall and around the extensive parks just across the road.
- Public Transport: The Namma (Bengaluru) Metro has limited services but does go to the main bus and train stations. The nearest station – Cubbon Park – is 1.5 km from the hotel.
- Taxis & Auto-rickshaws: Very few taxis along the main road, so one is best arranged through reception. Otherwise, Uber and Ola are very common. For most trips around the city, auto-rickshaws are good enough, but drivers won’t use meters, so bargain hard.
JW Marriott Hotel Bengaluru – What’s Nearby?
Restaurants & Bars
- Café Coffee Day – On the other side of the road from the hotel gates. Tasty coffee and light meals in a surprisingly spacious area.
About a dozen classy cafés and bars on the 2nd level of the adjacent UB City mall (100m). These 4 are clustered together:
- Cafe Mangii +91 (0)80 2227 0098 – Pasta, pizza, and lots more in a likable open-air setting.
- Sancho’s – Wide range of delicious Mexican food and an appropriate décor. Loads of fun.
- Farzi Café – One in a countrywide chain of French-style bistros. Chill out with signature cocktails and live music.
- Toscano – Very appealing setting, with authentic Italian food, wine bar, and daily specials.
A few other excellent cafés/bars are located 300m east along Vittal Mallya Road (away from the park), at a major junction:
- Next to the hotel is the huge and impressive UB City mall (100m) which is packed with boutiques and bistros. The stores are open daily from 10.30 am to 8.30 pm. The restaurants and bars are open from 11 am to 11.30 pm, and up to 1 am on Fridays and Saturdays. Even more places to eat, drink, and shop are located along the shady streets further east past the mall.
JW Marriott Hotel Bengaluru – The Hotel
All Bengaluru Hotel Reviews
- Best Hotels in Agra
- Where to Stay in Agra
- Best Hotels in Chennai
- Where to Stay in Chennai
- Best Hotels in Delhi
- Where to Stay in Delhi
- Best Hotels in Goa
- Best Family Hotels in Goa
- Where to Stay in Goa
- Best Hotels in Jaipur
- Where to Stay in Jaipur
- Best Hotels in Jodhpur
- Where to Stay in Jodhpur
- Best Hotels in Kolkata
- Where to Stay in Kolkata
- Best Hotels in Mumbai
- Where to Stay in Mumbai