KajaNe Yangloni – Delightful villas among serene gardens and fertile rice fields.
One of Ubud’s newest options is in the outlying village of Mas, but the isolation is offset by free hotel transfers to downtown at any time. The exquisite lobby – in a traditional bale pavilion and perched within a lily pond – sets the tone throughout. It offers rustic wooden villas accessible along narrow trails through rice fields, more modern and secluded villas (some with a pool) facing stone paths, and chic suites in a building offering balcony views across the vast grounds. Adding to the appeal are the traditional gazebos among rice fields, vine-covered terrace restaurant, and kidney-shaped pool.
- Best Hotels in Bali
- Best Bali Hotels for Families
- Best Budget Hotels in Bali
- Where to Stay in Bali
- Bali Hotel Map
KajaNe Yangloni – The Location
- Area: In an isolated area of little interest. Only a few facilities are along the main road, and that too mostly for locals rather than tourists.
- Address: Jl. Cok Rai Pudak No.10, Peliatan, Ubud. About 100m back from the main road through Mas. Mas is one of the southern villages that make up the area known as Ubud, the most popular tourist region in central Bali. About 2 km from Monkey Forest and 3 km from the Ubud market.
- How to Get There: Best to arrange an airport pickup with the hotel, which is about 1 hour (35 km) away, depending on traffic. See other options under “Local Transport” below.
- Handy to: Rudana Museum.
KajaNe Yangloni – The Basics
- Guests: Most are couples, many of whom are over 40 years old, relish serenity, and don’t mind isolation.
- Views: Some villas face private gardens, while others overlook rice fields. Rooms and suites in the building provide fine views across all of the hotel grounds.
- Private Pools/Jacuzzis: The Toya Antik villas feature private pools.
- Extras: Free transfers anytime to/from central Ubud.
- Parking: Limited free and secure parking at the gate, but think long and hard before driving anywhere in Bali.
- How to Book: Booking.com will have the best rates.
- Phone: +62 (03)361 979 270
- Email: [email protected]
- Website: kajane.com
KajaNe Yangloni – Amenities
- Pool: Lovely position, surrounded by gardens and lawns. Seems a little undersized but is good enough for the limited number of guests.
- Spa & Fitness Center: Not expected or provided at a traditional-style boutique hotel like this in Ubud.
- Other Facilities: Business Center. DVD/book library. Moneychanger.
KajaNe Yangloni – Food and Drink
- Restaurant & Bar: The restaurant is spacious and features a likable colorful décor. Tables inside and along the terrace facing the gardens, and a tempting range of meals and drinks with pleasing prices.
- Breakfast: Included in all rates.
- Room Service: Available during restaurant hours of about 7 am to 9.30 pm.
KajaNe Yangloni – Rooms
- Room Types: Deluxe Room with Balcony • Junior Suite with Balcony • Bale Villa • Toya Antik (villa) • List of all Rooms
- Smoking Rooms: No smoking in or anywhere near the rooms, and limited permission in public areas. Ask at reception.
- Best Room: The Toya Antik villas feature a lovely wooden design. Secluded along a path, with outdoor-style bathrooms and private pools.
- For Families: All types of accommodations can fit in an extra single bed each, but the hotel is not that well set up for families.
KajaNe Yangloni – Local Transport
- Walking: Too far to walk to anything within central Ubud and very little of interest along the main road.
- Public Transport: There is no reliable public transport anywhere in or around Ubud.
- Cars, Motorbikes, & Taxis: Car rental can be organized at the hotel, but driving a car is not recommended anywhere in Bali. Motorbikes are easy to rent at agencies in Ubud and popular for visiting local attractions without the traffic of the south. Metered taxis from southern Bali can drop passengers off in Ubud but are forbidden to operate here. So the best (and really, only) option for day trips is to charter a car with a driver. This can be organized with any of the several drivers hanging around the streets, or better, through the hotel.
- Shuttle Bus: For towns popular with tourists (e.g. Kuta and Lovina), shuttle buses are comfortable and cheap, if a little overcrowded at times. Local operators, as well as the major island-wide company, Perama, will pick up (but not drop off) guests from their hotel. The Kura-Kura Bus company links Ubud with southern Bali, but schedules are convoluted and routes, confusing.
KajaNe Yangloni – What’s Nearby?
Best Nearby Restaurants & Bars
There are very few places nearby worth visiting on foot:
- Warung Makan Teges – Friendly and family-run, offering simple Indonesian food. Virtually opposite the hotel entrance.
- Bebek Tepi Sawah – One among a chain of much-loved cafés specializing in crispy duck. Gorgeous garden setting and exquisite food.
Instead, it’s better to arrange a free hotel transfer to one of these unique places in Ubud:
- Ibu Rai Restaurant – Been around since the ‘70s (but moved since). Still one of the finest for its elegant setting and extensive menu.
- Ibu Oka – Offers almost nothing but babi guling (roast pig), a Balinese specialty. The outlet along Jalan Suweta is more spacious, and guests can peek into the kitchen (animal lovers beware).
- Bridges Bali – Super-swish and award-winning, with an extensive wine list, live music, valley views, and 5-star service.
- Murni’s Warung – On 4 levels, facing a river and ravine. Local favorite since 1974 for Indonesian, Thai, and French food. Art shop inside.
- Very little of interest nearby, with only a few minimarts and some arts/crafts shops along the main road. So, arrange a hotel transfer to central Ubud and shop along Jalan Hanoman street, with a selection of boutiques to rival Seminyak, and/or the produce and art markets.
- Rudana Museum – Often forgotten, this museum is worth a visit if only because it’s devoid of crowds and the staff has time to show visitors around. Features locally-made and contemporary art, with a real chance to watch artisans at work. And the gardens are lovely. 400m down the road, away from Ubud.