Kamer 01 – Luxury B&B in the heart of the historic canal ring.
This intimate, three-room 1585 canal house has been turned into a luxury B&B by its owners, Peter and Wolter, whose passion for Amsterdam’s history and architecture really comes through in their attention to detail. Peter, an interior designer, decorated the two rooms and the ground-floor suite with imagination and flair: expect trompe l’oeil wardrobes, Le Corbusier, Starck and Hoffman furniture, an impressive antique collection, and Peter’s own designs, combined with original brickwork and sturdy wooden beams. The impressive marble bathrooms come with rain showers. One of the biggest draws here is the wonderful personalized service: guests are truly made to feel at home, and the location is hard to beat.
Kamer01 Amsterdam Boutique B&B – Location
- Address: Singel 416, 1016 AK Amsterdam.
- Nearest Tram: Spui.
- Area: Super-central on a quiet canalside street within the historic UNESCO World Heritage canal ring, and along the southern reaches of the hip Nine Streets neighborhood lined with boutiques, restaurants, and bars. Most major attractions are an easy walk away.
- How to Get There: Take the train from Schiphol Airport to Centraal Station, then the tram (#1, #2, or #5) to Spui stop. Kamer 01 is a 3-minute walk away.
- Handy to: Nine Streets shopping, historic canal ring, Amsterdam Museum.
Kamer01 Amsterdam Boutique B&B – The Basics
- Ages: Guests mostly tend to be couples on a romantic break or honeymoon. Babies under 6 months welcome; otherwise it’s no children under 12.
- View: All 3 rooms overlook the Singel canal; the Blue Room has the loftiest views.
- Private Pools/Jacuzzis: No private pool/jacuzzi.
- Extras: An open bar (alcoholic beverages, juices, and sodas) is included in the price, as are coffee, specialty teas, and petits fours. Apple computers for guest use. Guests receive a thoughtful email 2 weeks before arrival with genuine local recommendations – best restaurants, canal cruises, tours, etc., and your hosts are happy to make reservations for you.
- When to Book: Reserve 3 or 4 months in advance for the March-May tulip season, mid-June-September summer holidays, and the Christmas-New Year period. 2 nights minimum.
- How to Book: Booking.com will have the best rates.
- Phone: 065-477-6151
- Email: [email protected]
- Website: kamer01.amsterdam
Kamer01 Amsterdam Boutique B&B – Amenities
- Pool: No pool.
- Spa: No spa.
- Fitness Center: No fitness center.
- For Disabled Guests: Not suitable for disabled guests due to stair access.
- For Families: No special family-friendly facilities.
Kamer01 Amsterdam Boutique B&B – Food and Drink
- Restaurants: No onsite restaurant, but there are numerous dining options within a few minutes’ walk of the B&B.
- Lounge/Bar: There is no onsite bar, but the complimentary open bar includes craft beers, wines, and cava.
- Breakfast: A superb complimentary 5-course breakfast consisting largely of organic local ingredients in the form of charcuterie, smoked fish, eggs cooked to order, and Dutch sparkling wine is available between 8 am and 10 am.
- Room Service: No room service, but snacks are included in the price.
Kamer01 Amsterdam Boutique B&B – Rooms
- Room Types: Luxury Double Room • Suite
- Smoking Rooms: Kamer 01 is 100% smoke-free.
- Best Room: Reachable via an original 16th-century staircase, the atmospheric Blue Room up in the loft has bird’s eye canal views, a round bed, worktable with an iMac, and a walk-in rain shower in the marble bathroom.
- For Families: The Green Suite can sleep up to 4 people and can accommodate an extra bed.
Kamer01 Amsterdam Boutique B&B – Local Transport
- Walking: Busy Leidseplein square, surrounded by restaurants, bars, and clubs, is an 11-minute stroll, as are the Anne Frank House, the Royal Palace, and the Red Light District. The 3 main art museums are around 15 minutes’ walk away; the Medieval Center is just 2 minutes on foot.
- Tram: The nearest tram off Spui square, a 3-minute walk, offers quick and easy connections to the Centraal Station and the Museum Quarter.
- Taxis, Uber: Taxis and Uber charge around €35 from the airport to the hotel. Within the city, Uber rides cost around half of taxi fares. It’s often quicker to walk, cycle, or jump on a tram.
Kamer01 Amsterdam Boutique B&B – What’s Nearby?
Recommended Nearby Tours
- Gs Brunch Boat – The world’s only brunch boat sets sail year round from Keizersgracht 177. Extensive menus are accompanied by mimosas and bloody marys, together with an hour and a half’s Amsterdam canal tour. Start location: 11-minute walk.
- Secret Food Tours – Sample raw herring, stamppot, stroopwafel, pancakes, and more on this walking tour of traditional Dutch food hotspots. Meet at the Anne Frank House. Start location: 12-minute walk.
- Jewish History Amsterdam – Themed walking tours of Jewish Amsterdam; tours of the western canal ring typically start at the Anne Frank House. Start location: 12-minute walk.
- Lovers Canal Cruises – Hour-long small boat canal cruises depart from the dock near the Anne Frank House. Start location: 13-minute walk.
- Blue Boat Company – Popular canal cruises. Start location: 15-minute walk.
Best Nearby Restaurants
- The Lebanese Sajeria – Lebanese wraps to go, with diverse fillings – from zaatar and labneh to beef and hummus. Vegan options available. 1-minute walk.
- D’Vijff Vlieghen – Characterful restaurant spread over 5 17th-century canal houses, renowned for its imaginative Modern Dutch dishes and decked out with original Rembrandt works. Reservations essential. 2-minute walk.
- Herengracht Restaurant & Bar – Creative modern European dishes served in a leafy courtyard, refined dining room, or canal-side terrace. 3-minute walk.
- The Seafood Bar – Buzzy spot for champagne, oysters, and seafood platters. Walk-ins welcome. 3-minute walk.
- Haesje Claes – Low ceilings, dark-wood furniture, and Dutch classics – from smoked fish platters to stamppot (potatoes mashed with vegetables). 3-minute walk.
- Lucius – Local institution, popular as ever after 4 decades. Expect refined seafood dishes, from the pike the restaurant is named after to steamed razor clams with chili. Reservations. 4-minute walk.
- OCCO Bar & Brasserie – Modern European dishes, plus excellent gin-based cocktails. 4-minute walk.
- Vinkeles – Michelin-starred French fine dining inside an atmospheric 18th-century bakery. Reserve well ahead. 4-minute walk.
- The Happy Pig Pancake Shop – Pancakes made from organic ingredients with sweet and savory toppings. Popular with families. 4-minute walk.
Best Nearby Bars and Breweries
- Café Hoppe – Centuries-old, wood-paneled brown café attached to a modern pub with terrace. 1-minute walk.
- De Admiraal – Amsterdam’s largest traditional tasting house, with 16 jenevers and 60 liqueurs. 2-minute walk.
- Flying Dutchmen Cocktails – Tiny cocktail bar with award-winning bartenders and killer signature cocktails. Try the Flying Dutchman. 2-minute walk.
- De Doffer – Informal, 70’s-style café and bar, popular with students and artists. Inexpensive beer and food. 4-minute walk.
- Pulitzer’s Bar – Stylish art deco cocktail bar inside the eponymous hotel. Classic cocktails as well as expertly-mixed signature drinks. 8-minute walk.
Nearby Shopping and Cool Shops
- We Are Labels – Casual street wear, shoes, and accessories for men and women by mbyM, Numph, Global Funk, edited the label, Norr, and more. 1-minute walk.
- Scotch & Soda – Chic street wear for men and women from the Amsterdam fashion label gone global. Lots of denim. 1-minute walk.
- Zipper Vintage Clothing – Retro gear, from 1940’s zoot suits to dresses, printed shirts, and pork-pie hats. 2-minute walk.
- American Book Center – Largest English-language bookshop in Amsterdam. 2-minute walk.
- Rain Couture Amsterdam – Designer outerwear for rainy days. 2-minute walk.
- Marie Stella Maris – Local, sustainable brand of beauty products, with part of the proceeds donated to clean water projects worldwide. 3-minute walk.
- Denham the Jeanmaker – Flagship menswear store selling jeans, jackets, and knitwear; the women’s branch is around the corner. 5-minute walk.
- Dutch Accent Gallery – Unique Dutch landscape and Amsterdam cityscape paintings. 6-minute walk.
- Mendo – Books on art, design, photography, and architecture. 6-minute walk.
Nearby Market or Grocery
Kamer01 Amsterdam Boutique B&B – The Hotel
All Amsterdam Hotel Reviews
- Crane Hotel Faralda
- Sir Adam Hotel
Southern Canal Ring
- American Hotel Amsterdam
- Banks Mansion
- Hotel Seven One Seven
- Mokum Suites
- Seven Bridges Hotel
- Waldorf Astoria
- Hotel Okura Amsterdam
- Sir Albert
- Breitner House
- InterContinental Amstel Amsterdam
- Lloyd Hotel
- Zoku Amsterdam
- AMS Suites (Temporarily Closed)
- Morgan & Mees
- Mr. Jordaan
Medieval Center & Red Light District
- art’otel Amsterdam
- Eric Vökel Boutique Apartments – Amsterdam Suites
- De L’Europe Amsterdam
- Hotel Estheréa
- Hotel TwentySeven
- Hotel V Nesplein
- INK Hotel Amsterdam – MGallery
- Kimpton De Witt Amsterdam
- Luxury Suites Amsterdam
- Misc Eatdrinksleep
- NH Collection Amsterdam Doelen
- NH Collection Amsterdam Grand Hotel Krasnapolsky
- Sofitel Legend The Grand Amsterdam
- W Amsterdam
Vondelpark & Museum Quarter Hotels
- The College Hotel
- Conservatorium Hotel
- Hotel De Hallen
- Hotel JL No76
- Pillows Luxury Boutique Hotel Anna Van Den Vondel Amsterdam
- Hotel The Neighbour’s Magnolia
Western Canal Ring Hotels
- Best Hotels in Amsterdam
- Best Family Hotels in Amsterdam
- Best Boutique Hotels in Amsterdam
- Best Budget Hotels in Amsterdam
- Best Airport Hotels in Amsterdam
- Where to Stay in Amsterdam
- Amsterdam Hotel Map
- Best Time to Visit Amsterdam
- Best Amsterdam Tours & Things to Do
- Best Restaurants in Amsterdam
- Best Amsterdam Bars, Breweries, & Tasting Rooms
- Best Amsterdam Shops & Markets
- Amsterdam with Kids
- Complete Amsterdam Travel Guide