Karma Jimbaran – Cluster of large and intimate villas, each very secluded and serene.
With villas hidden behind lofty stone walls and ornately-carved doors, this cozy resort is designed like a Balinese village. Each villa features a private pool, extensive kitchen/dining/living area, and one, two, or three bedrooms, often in separate buildings, so privacy and seclusion within the same villa are certainly possible. Each is extremely comfortable and features several windows offering views of tropical gardens, as well as a stone terrace and wooden balconies. Set among delightful traditional-style gardens, unquestionably relished by the abundant birds, the Karma is compact, flat, and tranquil, yet only steps from a lovely public beach and only a little further to numerous shops and cafés. Private parking is also available.
Karma Jimbaran – The Location
- Address: Along the main street in the far southern edge of Jimbaran, a surprisingly quiet region just south of the airport.
- Area: On the other side of the street from the beach, which is only 150m away. About 300m to seaside cafés and other facilities in Jimbaran.
- How to Get There: The only way to/from the airport is by metered taxi or chartered car with a driver. This takes about 15 minutes, depending on traffic.
- Handy to: Cafés on the sand for seafood dinners at sunset.
Karma Jimbaran – The Basics
- Guests: Caters well for anyone seeking seclusion. Particularly popular with Indonesian families, with parking outside each villa.
- Beach: The beach at Jimbaran is one of Bali’s finest – curved, with calm water and white sand, and often uncrowded. All beaches here are public and many cafés offer lounge chairs and umbrellas on the sand.
- Kids Club: The Three Monkeys Kids Club (for 4 to 12-year-olds) offers a few activities such as kite-flying.
- Views: All villas are secluded behind stone walls and overlook private gardens.
- Kitchen: Each villa features a sizable living/kitchen/dining area.
- Private Pools/Jacuzzis: Only offers villas, each with a private pool.
- Wi-Fi: Free throughout the resort for all guests.
- Parking: So much space available that guests can even park outside their villa, but think long and hard before driving anywhere in Bali.
- How to Book: Booking.com will have the best rates.
- Phone: (0)361 848 2202
- Email: [email protected]
- Website: karmagroup.com
Karma Jimbaran – Amenities
- Pool: Smallish pool alongside the restaurant. Only marginally larger than the private pool attached to some villas.
- Spa: Inside a delightfully serene building, the Karma Spa offers signature treatments suitable for the whole family.
- Fitness Center: The gym is pleasingly spacious and features plenty of equipment. A personal trainer can be arranged.
- Activities: Yoga classes.
- Other Facilities: K Boutique at the main gate.
Karma Jimbaran – Food and Drink
- Restaurant & Bar: Recently revamped, The Bay is a swish bistro alongside the pool. More enlightening menu than others, including pasta, seafood, and tandoori (Indian). Also popular among non-guests for the soothing live music.
- Breakfast: Often included, but this depends on the type of booking.
- Room Service: Available during restaurant hours – 7 am to 9 pm.
Karma Jimbaran – Rooms
- Room Types: 3 Bedroom Pool Villa • 4 Bedroom Pool Villa • 4 Bedroom Valley View Pool Villa • 4 Bedroom Deluxe Valley View Pool Villa
- Smoking Rooms: No smoking in the villas but permitted elsewhere.
- Best Room: The villas are pretty much the same inside: all sumptuous and secluded with 3 or 4 bedrooms. The largest are the 4 Bedroom Deluxe Valley View Pool Villas.
- For Families: Villas have 3 or 4 bedrooms and private pools.
Karma Jimbaran – Local Transport
- Walking & Cycling: With flat roads and less traffic than other regions, walking is pleasant and often quicker via the beach than the road. Cycling is also easy but few places offer rentals.
- Public Transport & Shuttle Buses: In lieu of any public transport, the Kura-Kura Bus company links Jimbaran with Ubud and the rest of southern Bali, but schedules are convoluted and routes confusing. Shuttle bus companies (e.g. Perama) that service Kuta and Sanur don’t bother coming to Jimbaran.
- Cars, Motorbikes, & Taxis: Taxis ply the main road and are a cheap and comfortable way to reach anywhere in southern Bali. For longer distances, charter a car with a driver. Driving is not recommended anywhere in Bali, nor is hiring a motorbike for traveling around this part of the south. All transport options can be arranged at the hotel.
Karma Jimbaran – What’s Nearby?
Best Nearby Restaurants & Bars
About 300m down the street are a cluster of about 15 seafood cafés in the area known as Muaya Beach. (See Attractions below.) And only 350m up the street, the Four Seasons resort offers:
- Taman Wantilan – With open-plan cooking areas and unparalleled bay views. Dinner only.
- Pool Terrace Café – All-day for casual meals, including salads and sandwiches.
- Otherwise, a handful of low-key cafés face the sand within a 250m walk down the street, such as White Sands Beach House and JWB Pizza.
Nearby Shops & Markets
- The quaint Jimbaran Corner shopping center is home to a bundle of boutiques and bistros about 750m away.
- A highlight of any trip to Bali is dinner at sunset on the sand in Jimbaran. With wandering musicians, fireworks, and traditional dances, this should not be missed. Cafés set up from 4 pm at several places along the beach (including Muaya Beach, 300m down the road, but most are also open all day. Menus overwhelmingly focus on seafood, though other meals are available.