Home > La Sagrita Hotel Review
Updated: October 9, 2019
La Sagrita – Pleasant and affordable, in a tranquil, tidy, and secure area, but a little isolated.
The major attraction of this very pleasant guesthouse is the location. Within a middle-class housing estate on the edge of leafy New Delhi and chaotic Old Delhi, there are shady streets, abundant parks, and no traffic. Rooms have been recently renovated. Those in the lowest-category are a little undersized, but all rooms feature substantial sitting areas. Importantly, the accommodations are certainly terrific value for overpriced Delhi, and breakfast is included. And being a boutique-style guesthouse, service is more personable than in larger hotels.
La Sagrita – The Location
- Address: The official address is way too vague: ’14 Sunder Nagar, New Delhi’. Head north up Mathura Road, and turn right into the well-signed Sunder Nagar housing estate at the traffic lights. Then first right, and first left to an area called ‘Park-1’.
- Area: In the inner south-eastern suburbs. Pleasant respite, with parks, trees, nice homes, and no traffic. But not a great area outside the estate: busy roads, relentless traffic, and beggars.
- How to Get There: From the airport, take the shuttle bus to the Aerocity metro station. Go to the New Delhi metro station and get a connection to the Khan Market metro station (1.6km from the guesthouse, 20-minute walk). Otherwise, a taxi (unmetered) to/from the airport will take about 45 minutes (20km).
- Handy to: National Zoological Park.
La Sagrita – The Basics
- Guests: Most guests are couples, and many are older who enjoy the tranquility and care less about the inconvenience.
- Views: Avoid rooms on the ground floor which face walls and are generally noisier. Better views are from the higher floors, but most still face other buildings 50-100m away. Some, however, do overlook the pleasant park in front.
- Private Pools/Jacuzzis: Not expected or provided at this boutique guesthouse in Delhi.
- Wi-Fi: Available free throughout for all guests.
- How to Book: Booking.com will have the best rates.
- Phone: +91 (0)11 2435 8572
- Email: [email protected]
- Website: lasagrita.com
La Sagrita – Amenities
- Pool, Spa &, Fitness Center: Not expected or provided.
- Other Facilities: Travel advice/bookings.
La Sagrita – Food and Drink
- Restaurant & Bar: At the back of the entrance lane, the cheerful café only serves breakfast to guests. Pleasant setting, with tables inside and out.
- Breakfast: Included in all rates.
- Room Service: With no proper café on-site, room service is not available.
La Sagrita – Rooms
- Room Types: Executive Rooms • Premium Rooms • Luxury Rooms
- Smoking Rooms: Smoking may be allowed in some rooms. Ask the management.
- Best Room: Luxury Rooms are the most spacious and feature large sitting areas and full-length windows; some with garden views.
- For Families: Not that interested in families, but the Luxury and Executive Rooms are spacious enough for an extra single bed. The best idea is 2 adjoining rooms, but they won’t have connecting doors.
La Sagrita – Local Transport
- Walking: Streets in the general area are comparatively very clean, safe, and quiet, with no traffic. A welcome respite from the noise and crowds elsewhere, including the main road only 200m away.
- Public Transport: The Delhi Metro is quick, reliable, and excellent value, but the nearest station at Khan Market is not that convenient: 1.6km away (20-minute walk).
- Taxis & Rickshaws: Taxis are white, poorly-signed, and surprisingly hard to find. Best to arrange through the hotel. None will use a meter and all are outrageously overpriced. Also available are Uber and Ola. Contrastingly, auto-rickshaws are everywhere.
La Sagrita – What’s Nearby?
Restaurants & Bars
Very little worthwhile within the housing estate area and surprisingly nothing along the main road, about 200m away.
- Oberoi – This exquisite and recently-refurbished hotel is an easy walk (1.2km) south down the main road, but take an auto-rickshaw after dark. It offers Threesixty (buffet lunch and a la carte dinner), Omya (contemporary Indian cuisine by Michelin-rated chef), and Baoshuan (super-classy and innovative Chinese on the rooftop). 15-minute walk.
Otherwise, take an auto-rickshaw to Khan Market (see below). These 3 places are very close to each other along a back lane.
- The Beer Café – Wine, beer, tapas, and Western food. Prominent corner position with upstairs viewing. 8-minute drive (2.1km).
- L’opera – Very tempting patisserie for cakes, sandwiches, and coffee. 8-minute drive (2.1km).
- Punjab Grill – Friendly, good value, and authentic food. 10-minute drive (2.2km).
Shops & Markets
- No shops nearby, so get an auto-rickshaw (2km) to Khan Market. This is an extended area of narrow lanes brimming with better-than-normal shops and restaurants, but there is no real street market as such. Now a major attraction, Khan Market is seedy in places but does offer some well-known outlets too, such as Starbucks and Subway. 9-minute drive.
La Sagrita – The Hotel
All Delhi Hotel Reviews
- Ambassador, New Delhi – IHCL SeleQtions
- Andaz Delhi
- B Nineteen Luxury Hotel
- Holiday Inn New Delhi International Airport
- Hyatt Regency Delhi
- Ibis New Delhi Aerocity Hotel
- The Imperial New Delhi
- The LaLiT New Delhi
- Le Méridien New Delhi
- The Leela Ambience Convention Hotel
- The Leela Palace New Delhi
- Lemon Tree Premier, Delhi Airport
- The Lodhi
- Lutyens Bungalow
- The Oberoi New Delhi
- Pride Plaza Hotel Aerocity
- Radisson Blu Marina Hotel Connaught Place
- Shangri-La’s – Eros Hotel
- Taj Mahal, New Delhi
- The Best Hotels in Agra
- Where to Stay in Agra
- The Best Hotels in Bengaluru
- Where to Stay in Bengaluru
- The Best Hotels in Chennai
- Where to Stay in Chennai
- The Best Hotels in Goa
- The Best Family Hotels in Goa
- Where to Stay in Goa
- The Best Hotels in Jaipur
- Where to Stay in Jaipur
- The Best Hotels in Jodhpur
- Where to Stay in Jodhpur
- The Best Hotels in Kolkata
- Where to Stay in Kolkata
- The Best Hotels in Mumbai
- Where to Stay in Mumbai