Le Méridien – Modern, functional, and convenient.
Dominating a frenetic roundabout in the city center, Le Méridien certainly serves a purpose for business people uninterested in staying anywhere historic or for those on quick trips who relish the convenience. The décor and layout of the lobby, restaurants, and mezzanine levels of boutiques are ultra-chic, and the minimalist design features abundant glass, lights, and mirrors. Rooms are compact but decent enough, with full-length windows offering views of the old and new parts of the city. The hotel is close to Connaught Place, which provides endless facilities in all directions.
Le Méridien – The Location
- Address: Faces Windsor Place, a very busy roundabout, in an area called Janpath in the city center. Two entrances: one along Janpath Road and the other on Raisina Road. Both roads head in a southerly direction from the roundabout.
- Nearest Metro: Janpath metro station is 800m away.
- Area: Janpath is the main road connecting Windsor Place roundabout with Connaught Place. Lots of facilities within walking distance of the hotel, but parts of Janpath Road are unpleasant because of taxi touts and beggars.
- How to Get There: From the airport, take the shuttle bus to the Aerocity metro station. Go to the New Delhi metro station and then get a connection to either the Janpath station (800m) or Patel Chowk station (900m). Otherwise, a taxi (unmetered) to/from the airport will take about 40 minutes (20 km).
Le Méridien – The Basics
- Guests: Half-and-half tourists and business people.
- Views: With no high-rises nearby, views are decent enough – mostly of distant buildings and leafy streets. Those on the ground floor face the pool with direct access from patios.
- Private Pools/Jacuzzis: Not really expected or provided at this sort of inner-city hotel in Delhi.
- Extras: Daily newspaper delivered to each room.
- How to Book: Booking.com will have the best rates.
- Phone: +91 (0)11 2371 0101
- Email: Send a message through their website.
- Website: marriott.com
Le Méridien – Amenities
- Pool: The circular pool is large and inviting.
- Spa: The Three Graces by Amatrra Spa is particularly fashionable, and offers a range of treatments from India and elsewhere in Asia.
- Fitness Center: The Health Club provides a reasonable selection of modern equipment.
- Other Facilities: Boutiques. Laundry. Cash machine. Business services.
Le Méridien – Food and Drink
- Restaurants & Bars: Le Belvedere – Chinese restaurant with a French name in India… Award-winning and sublime rooftop position on the 20th floor. Reservations required. • The One – Open all day, serving an a la carte menu and buffets of Indian and international food. • Eau de Monsoon – Fine dining, especially famous for its contemporary menu of Indian food. No young children allowed. Reservations required. • Longitude – Casual coffee shop for sandwiches and chocolates. • Nero – Hip bar/lounge/club with Gothic-style setting on the ground floor.
- Breakfast: Not included, but can be paid for when booking or on the day.
- Room Service: Available 24/7.
Le Méridien – Rooms
- Room Types: Executive Rooms • Superior Rooms • Club Rooms • Executive Suites • Luxury Suites • List of all Rooms
- Smoking Rooms: Some rooms may allow smoking. Check with the management when booking.
- Best Room: On a special floor, the Luxury Suites feature 2 bedrooms and separate living/dining areas. Guests also have access to the Club Lounge.
- For Families: All rooms and suites can comfortably accommodate families of 3, while some also have connecting doors. The Luxury Suites come with 2 bedrooms.
Le Méridien – Local Transport
- Walking: Less than 2km to all the shops, cafés, bars, and other facilities around Connaught Place, but the outer ring road is one of the most traffic-clogged places on earth. Janpath Road, which links Connaught Place with the hotel, is home to a few unsavory taxi touts and beggars.
- Public Transport: The Delhi Metro is quick, reliable, and excellent value. The closest metro stations are both about 800m away from the roundabout in front of the hotel: ‘Janpath’ (directly north along Janpath road) and ‘Patel Chowk’ (northwest along Ashoka Road past the Shangri-La hotel).
- Taxis & Rickshaws: Taxis are white, poorly-signed, and surprisingly hard to find. Best arranged through the hotel. None will use a meter and all are outrageously overpriced, so many locals use Uber and Ola. Contrastingly, auto-rickshaws are everywhere.
Le Méridien – What’s Nearby?
Best Nearby Restaurants & Bars
- Shangri-La’s Eros – About 400m northwest up Ashoka Road. Tamra serves a variety of cuisine from India and across the continent, with open-plan kitchens, and Sorrento is an award-winning Italian bistro/bar.
- The Imperial – This adorable and historical hotel is at least worth a look. Better still, stay for a meal and/or drink at 1 of 9 cafés/bars. Particularly appealing are the 1911 Bar & Restaurant and The Atrium tea lounge. About 1km north up Janpath Road.
Otherwise, north along Janpath Road are many tempting choices, including Pizza Hut and McDonald’s, and these 3 places, all within about 200m of each other:
- 52 Janpath – The name is the address, but along a lane, so it’s distant from traffic noise. With a courtyard, charming interior, and a long menu of mainly western food. Live music on some nights. (1 km).
- Café Delhi Heights – One in a chain of popular eateries. Upstairs for views, affable staff, and extra-long menu focused on healthy options. Drinks specials all day. (1 km).
- Moonshine Cafe & Bar Janpath – More salubrious than the name might suggest. Back from the traffic-clogged road, popular for live music, DJs, and tasty food. (1 km).
- Nothing within the immediate area, so take a taxi or auto-rickshaw to Connaught Place less than 1.5 km away. Don’t be put off by the incessant traffic and noise of the (one-way) outer ring road. Stroll among the endless places to eat, drink, and shop within the inner streets, and relax at Central Park, in the middle of the circle.
Le Méridien – The Hotel
All Delhi Hotel Reviews
- Andaz Aerocity
- B Nineteen
- Holiday Inn International Airport
- Hyatt Regency
- Ibis Aerocity
- The Imperial
- La Sagrita
- The LaLiT
- Leela Ambience Convention Hotel
- Leela Palace
- Lemon Tree Premier, Airport
- The Lodhi
- The Oberoi
- Pride Plaza Aerocity
- Radisson Blu Marina Connaught Place
- Shangri-La Eros
- Taj Mahal
- Best Hotels in Agra
- Where to Stay in Agra
- Best Hotels in Bengaluru
- Where to Stay in Bengaluru
- Best Hotels in Chennai
- Where to Stay in Chennai
- Best Hotels in Goa
- Best Family Hotels in Goa
- Where to Stay in Goa
- Best Hotels in Jaipur
- Where to Stay in Jaipur
- Best Hotels in Jodhpur
- Where to Stay in Jodhpur
- Best Hotels in Kolkata
- Where to Stay in Kolkata
- Best Hotels in Mumbai
- Where to Stay in Mumbai