• Location: Central right bank location, directly opposite the Tuileries Gardens.
• Hotel website: dorchestercollection.com
• Hotel phone: +33 (0)1 44 58 10 10
• Check prices for Le Meurice
Since 1835, Le Meurice has exemplified Parisian luxury and refinement. Its distinguished clientele of royalty and nobility has also included artists such as Picasso and Salvador Dalí, who was a regular visitor for over 30 years. At first glance, the décor is not dissimilar from other palace hotels; done in mostly Louis XVI style, the rooms are tastefully outfitted in pastels and silks. However, this is where the similarities end. Look up: the ceilings play a prominent role in most of the public spaces and add a sense of surprising playfulness, diffusing what might otherwise come off as stuffy. At the Restaurant Le Dalí, you’ll dine under an enormous mural painted by Ara Starck, the daughter of Philippe Starck, who oversaw the hotel’s interior design. And then there’s the view: set across from the Tuileries Garden, the expanse of greenery spreads out before you while you dine at the twice Michelin-starred restaurant, Le Meurice Alain Ducasse. The Belle Etoile Suite, the property’s crowning glory, offers breathtaking 360-degree views from its rooftop terrace.
Le Meurice – Location
Central right bank location, directly across from the Tuileries Gardens and within easy walking distance of the Louvre Museum, Musée d’Orsay, Place Vendôme and the high-end European shops on Rue St Honoré.
- Address: 228 Rue de Rivoli.
- Nearest Metro: Tuileries, Concorde, and Pyramides.
- Taxi: Airport taxis to central Paris are charged at a flat rate. Fare from Charles de Gaulle Airport is €55, fare from Orly Airport is €35.
- Private Transfer: We use and recommend Welcome Pickups car service. Booking through a private car service will cost only a bit more than a taxi – about €61 from CDG and €57 from Orly, but can be worth it to avoid the long taxi queue and for the convenience of paying ahead.
Le Meurice – The Basics
- Ages: Le Meurice welcomes families and children. Cribs and high-chairs are complimentary on request; child-sized robes, special bath amenities, treats, and welcome gifts are offered for older children. Video games and DVDs available on request. Kids menus are available. Excellent proximity to the kid-friendly Tuileries.
- Pet Policy: Pets of any size are allowed for no additional fee. Bed, bowls, and treats provided; dog-walking is available on request.
- View: Front-facing rooms have views of the Tuileries Gardens, the Louvre, Musée d’Orsay, and the Eiffel Tower (from higher floors).
- Parking: Valet parking available at Place Vendôme for €50/day.
- Nice Perks: Fresh flowers in guest rooms. Complimentary Alain Ducasse chocolates and mineral water. Penhaligon’s bath amenities.
- When to Book: Book months in advance, especially for high travel seasons of April through September and December.
- How to Book: Booking.com will have the best rates.
- Phone: +33 (0)1 44 58 10 10
- Email: info.LMP@dorchestercollection.com
- Website: dorchestercollection.com
Le Meurice – Amenities
- Pool: No pool.
- Spa: The excellent Valmont spa has 3 treatment rooms (including 1 double), a steam room, sauna, and relaxation room. It offers facial and body treatments, massage, nail and hair care. Open 9am-8pm daily.
- Fitness Center: Small but well-equipped gym with free weights and cardio-training machines by Technogym. Personal training is available on request for an additional fee. Open daily to hotel guests from 5am-12am.
- Private Pools/Jacuzzis: The Belle Etoile suite features a marble Jacuzzi tub overlooking Montmartre.
Le Meurice – Food and Drink
- Restaurant: 2 on-site restaurants. Le Meurice Alain Ducasse has 2 Michelin stars, specializes in French fine dining, and has a gorgeous Philippe Starck-designed interior. It is open for lunch and dinner and is closed in August. Reservations recommended. • Restaurant Le Dalí offers traditional French and Mediterranean cuisine for breakfast, lunch, afternoon tea, dinner, and Sunday brunch in a slightly more casual (but still gorgeous) setting.
- Lounge/Bar: Bar 228 is an intimate cocktail lounge, beautifully decorated in dark woods, leather, frescoes, Carrara marble, copper, brass, and stainless steel. Open daily from 5pm-1am.
- Breakfast: Not complimentary. A la carte items and a breakfast buffet are served in Le Dalí restaurant from 8-11am daily.
- Room Service: Available 24 hours.
Le Meurice – Rooms
- Room Types: Classic Single • Superior • Deluxe • Executive • Superior Junior Suite • Deluxe Junior Suite • Executive Junior Suite • Garden View Junior Suite • Superior Suite • Deluxe Suite • Pompadour Suite • Executive Suite – Tuileries Garden View • Prestige Suite – Tuileries Garden View • Presidential Apartment – Tuileries Garden View • Belle Etoile Suite • List of all rooms
- Smoking Rooms: Non-smoking rooms available by request.
- Best Room: The 4-bedroom Belle Etoile Suite on the hotel’s top floor features a marble bathroom with Jacuzzi overlooking Montmartre, living room, dining room, and rooftop terrace with 360-degree panoramic views of Paris.
Le Meurice – What’s Nearby?
- Angelina – Excellent tea and pastries (and the best hot chocolate in Paris) on the Rue de Rivoli. Great for brunch.
- Carré des Feuillants – Modern French fine dining from renowned chef Alain Dutournier. 2 Michelin stars.
- Le Soufflé – Charming restaurant serving expertly-prepared savory and sweet soufflés. Moderately-priced.
- Big Fernand – American-style hamburgers done in 6 styles, including mushroom, veal, or chicken. House-made condiments and great fries.
- Sanukiya – Bustling Japanese restaurant, known for their great udon.
- Kotteri Ramen Naritake – Cheap, popular, delicious. The best Ramen in Paris.
- Verjus – Contemporary American cooking, prestige ingredients, casual and low key feel.
- yam’Tcha – Chinese influenced modern French cooking. Very popular – reserve well in advance, try for lunch, or stop by their boutique around the corner for steamed bao.
- La Bourse et la Vie – Classic French cooking from American celebrity chef, Daniel Rose.
- Bouillon Chartier – Traditional French in a historic Belle Époque dining room. Reasonable prices. Great for families.
Nearby Bars and Breweries
- Bar Hemingway – Intimate, iconic cocktail bar in the Ritz Hotel.
- Frog Hop House – Fun French brew pub with an American sports bar feel.
- Buddha Bar – Trendy restaurant/nightclub with a Southeast Asian theme – go for cocktails and ambiance; the food is overpriced.
- Harry’s New York Bar – Cocktail and piano bar with a storied history and great drinks.
- Juveniles – Charming wine shop-turned-bistro with solid food, reasonable prices, great wine.
- Verjus Bar à Vin – The cozy cave-like wine bar of the much-loved restaurant Verjus. Rotating wine list and French/fusion small plates.
Nearby Shopping and Cool Shops
- Librairie Galignani – Elegant English-language bookstore with a good cookbook selection and a charming children’s corner.
- Goyard – Exclusive luxury handbags, luggage, and leather goods. One of the few brands that’s unavailable for purchase online.
- Pierre Hermé – Award-winning and creative macarons (try the signature “Ispahan” – a blend of rosewater, raspberry, and lychee).
- Chanel Boutique Cambon – The iconic French designer’s flagship retail location. As much a fashion museum as a shop.
- Ladurée – Lovely and delicious macarons, pastries, chocolate, and gifts.
- Epices Roellinger Paris – Renowned spice shop that created by a Michelin-starred chef.
- Galeries Lafayette Haussmann – The most popular department store with tourists in search of famous French brands like Louis Vuitton and Cartier. Also housewares, gourmet foods, and wine.
- E. Dehillerin – Vast cookware selection; old school copper pans, professional grade knives, unique gifts.
- Forum Des Halles – Huge, modern underground shopping mall with French and international brands, restaurants, a cinema, and an Olympic-sized swimming pool.
Nearby Market or Grocery
- Marché St. Honoré – Outdoor market selling fruit and vegetables, baked goods, fresh ready-to-eat dishes, jewellery, and clothes. 12:30pm-8:30pm Wednesdays; 7am-3pm Saturdays.
- Monoprix – The biggest supermarket in the 1st arrondissement. Open from 9am-10pm Mon-Saturday.
- Rue Montorgeuil – One of the best market streets in Paris. Produce, flowers, bakeries, cheese, wine, you name it.
Nearby Attractions and Things to Do
- Jardin des Tuileries
- Place Vendome
- Musée des Arts Décoratifs
- Musée de l’Orangerie
- Comédie Française
- Louvre Museum
- Musée d’Orsay
- Opéra National de Paris Garnier
- Petit Palais
- Grand Palais
Le Meurice – The Hotel
Paris Hotels – Tips and Recommendations
- Best Luxury Hotels in Paris: Shangri-La (old world Paris charm) • Four Seasons George V (5-star luxury)
- Best Boutique Hotels in Paris: Relais Christine (small romantic boutique) • Grand Hôtel Du Palais Royal (great central location)
- Best Mid-range Hotels in Paris: Gardette Park (affordable hotel near the Marais) • Hotel Emile (trendy, central, and fun)
- Paris Hotels with Balcony: Mandarin Oriental • Pullman Tour Eiffel • Le 12 • Hotel Residence Foch • Holiday Inn Notre Dame • Hotel Ekta Champs Elysées • The Peninsula (the garden suite is incredible)
- Paris Hotels with Pool: Le Bristol • Mandarin Oriental • Le Burgundy • Saint James Albany • Shangri-La • The Peninsula • Four Seasons
- Paris Hotels with Kitchen: Fraser Suites Le Claridge Champs-Elysées • La Clef Tour Eiffel • Splendide Royal • Residence Henri IV • Saint James Albany • Citadines Les Halles • Le Patio Bastille • Le Marais Hôtel De Ville
- Paris Hotels with Views of Eiffel Tower: Hotel Plaza Athenee • Pullman Tour Eiffel • Le Parisis • Hôtel Brighton • Shangri-La • Westin Vendôme
- Paris Travel Guide
- Best Hotels in Paris
- Best Hotels in Paris for Families
- Best Boutique Hotels in Paris
- Best Cheap Hotels in Paris
- Paris Choice Hotels
- Charles de Gaulle Airport Hotels
- Paris Hotels with Swimming Pools
- Where to Stay in Paris
- Paris Hotel Map
- Paris Hotel Reviews
- Best Time to Visit Paris
- Best Things to Do in Paris
- Best Restaurants in Paris
- Best Bars in Paris
- Best Shops & Markets in Paris
- Best Patisseries & Chocolatiers
- Paris with Kids
- Best Books about Paris
- Visiting Versailles from Paris
- London to Paris by Eurostar Train