• Location: Central right bank location, directly opposite the Tuileries Gardens.
• Hotel website: dorchestercollection.com
• Hotel phone: +33 (0)1 44 58 10 10
• Check prices on Booking.com
Since 1835, Le Meurice has exemplified Parisian luxury and refinement. Its distinguished clientele of royalty and nobility has also included artists such as Picasso and Salvador Dalí, who was a regular visitor for over 30 years. At first glance, the décor is not dissimilar from other palace hotels; done in mostly Louis XVI style, the rooms are tastefully outfitted in pastels and silks. However, this is where the similarities end. Look up: the ceilings play a prominent role in most of the public spaces and add a sense of surprising playfulness, diffusing what might otherwise come off as stuffy. At the Restaurant Le Dalí, you’ll dine under an enormous mural painted by Ara Starck, the daughter of Philippe Starck, who oversaw the hotel’s interior design. And then there’s the view: set across from the Tuileries Garden, the expanse of greenery spreads out before you while you dine at the twice Michelin-starred restaurant, Le Meurice Alain Ducasse. The Belle Etoile Suite, the property’s crowning glory, offers breathtaking 360-degree views from its rooftop terrace.
Le Meurice – Location
Central right bank location, directly across from the Tuileries Gardens and within easy walking distance of the Louvre Museum, Musée d’Orsay, Place Vendôme and the high-end European shops on Rue St Honoré.
- Address: 228 Rue de Rivoli
- Nearest Metro: Tuileries (2-minute walk), Concorde (5-minute walk), Pyramides (8-minute walk)
- Taxi: Airport taxis to central Paris are charged at a flat rate. Fare from Charles de Gaulle Airport is €55, fare from Orly Airport is €35.
- Private Transfer: We use and recommend Welcome Pickups car service. Booking through a private car service will cost only a bit more than a taxi – about €61 from CDG and €57 from Orly, but can be worth it to avoid the long taxi queue and for the convenience of paying ahead.
Le Meurice – The Basics
- Ages: Le Meurice welcomes families and children. Cribs and high-chairs are complimentary on request; child-sized robes, special bath amenities, treats, and welcome gifts are offered for older children. Video games and DVDs available on request. Kids menus are available. Excellent proximity to the kid-friendly Tuileries.
- Pet Policy: Pets of any size are allowed for no additional fee. Bed, bowls, and treats provided; dog-walking is available on request.
- View: Front-facing rooms have views of the Tuileries Gardens, the Louvre, Musée d’Orsay, and the Eiffel Tower (from higher floors).
- Parking: Valet parking available at Place Vendôme for €50/day.
- Nice Perks: Fresh flowers in guest rooms. Complimentary Alain Ducasse chocolates and mineral water. Penhaligon’s bath amenities.
- Phone: +33 (0)1 44 58 10 10
- Email: [email protected]
- Website: dorchestercollection.com
- When To Book: Book months in advance, especially for high travel seasons of April through September, and December.
- How To Book: Booking.com will have the best rates.
Le Meurice – Amenities
- Pool: No pool.
- Spa: Excellent Valmont spa has 3 treatment rooms (including 1 double), a steam room, sauna, and relaxation room. It offers facial and body treatments, massage, nail and hair care. Open 9am-8pm daily.
- Fitness Center: Small but well-equipped gym with free weights and cardio-training machines by Technogym. Personal training is available on request for an additional fee. Open daily to hotel guests from 5am-12am.
- Private Pools/Jacuzzis: The Belle Etoile suite features a marble Jacuzzi tub overlooking Montmartre.
Le Meurice – Food and Drink
- Restaurant: Two on-site restaurants. Le Meurice Alain Ducasse has two Michelin stars, specializes in French fine dining, and has a gorgeous Philippe Starck-designed interior. It is open for lunch and dinner, and is closed in August. Reservations recommended. Restaurant Le Dalí offers traditional French and Mediterranean cuisine for breakfast, lunch, afternoon tea, dinner, and Sunday brunch in a slightly more casual (but still gorgeous) setting.
- Lounge/Bar: Bar 228 is an intimate cocktail lounge, beautifully decorated in dark woods, leather, frescoes, Carrara marble, copper, brass, and stainless steel. Open daily from 5pm-1am.
- Breakfast: Not complimentary. A la carte items and a breakfast buffet are served in Le Dalí restaurant from 8-11am daily.
- Room Service: Available 24 hours.
Le Meurice – Rooms
- Room Types: Classic Single • Superior • Deluxe • Executive • Superior Junior Suite • Deluxe Junior Suite • Executive Junior Suite • Garden View Junior Suite • Superior Suite • Deluxe Suite • Pompadour Suite • Executive Suite – Tuileries Garden View • Prestige Suite – Tuileries Garden View • Presidential Apartment – Tuileries Garden View • Belle Etoile Suite • List of all rooms
- Smoking Rooms: Non-smoking rooms available by request.
- Best Room: The four-bedroom Belle Etoile Suite on the hotel’s top floor features a marble bathroom with Jacuzzi overlooking Montmartre, living room, dining room, and rooftop terrace with 360-degree panoramic views of Paris.
Le Meurice – What’s Nearby?
- Angelina – Excellent tea and pastries (and the best hot chocolate in Paris) on the Rue de Rivoli. Great for brunch. 1-minute walk.
- Carré des Feuillants – Modern French fine dining from renowned chef Alain Dutournier. Two Michelin stars. 2-minute walk.
- Le Soufflé – Charming restaurant serving expertly-prepared savory and sweet soufflés. Moderately-priced. 3-minute walk.
- Big Fernand – American-style hamburgers done in 6 styles, including mushroom, veal, or chicken. House-made condiments and great fries. 7-minute walk.
- Sanukiya – Bustling Japanese restaurant, known for their great udon. 8-minute walk.
- Kotteri Ramen Naritake – Cheap, popular, delicious. The best Ramen in Paris. 12-minute walk.
- Verjus – Contemporary American cooking, prestige ingredients, casual and low key feel. 12-minute walk.
- yam’Tcha – Chinese influenced modern French cooking. Very popular – reserve well in advance, try for lunch, or stop by their boutique around the corner for steamed bao. 14-minute walk.
- La Bourse et la Vie – Classic French cooking from American celebrity chef, Daniel Rose. 16-minute walk.
- Bouillon Chartier – Traditional French in a historic Belle Époque dining room. Reasonable prices. Great for families. 22-minute walk.
Nearby Bars and Breweries
- Bar Hemingway – Intimate, iconic cocktail bar in the Ritz Hotel. 5-minute walk.
- Frog Hop House – Fun French brew pub with an American sports bar feel. 7-minute walk.
- Buddha Bar – Trendy restaurant/nightclub with a Southeast Asian theme – go for cocktails and ambiance; the food is overpriced. 9-minute walk.
- Harry’s New York Bar – Cocktail and piano bar with a storied history and great drinks. 9-minute walk.
- Juveniles – Charming wine shop-turned-bistro with solid food, reasonable prices, great wine. 12-minute walk.
- Verjus Bar à Vin – The cozy cave-like wine bar of the much-loved restaurant Verjus. Rotating wine list and French/fusion small plates. 13-minute walk.
Nearby Shopping and Cool Shops
- Librairie Galignani – Elegant English-language bookstore with a good cookbook selection and a charming children’s corner. 1-minute walk.
- Goyard – Exclusive luxury handbags, luggage, and leather goods. One of the few brands that’s unavailable for purchase online. 3-minute walk.
- Pierre Hermé – Award-winning and creative macarons (try the signature “Ispahan” – a blend of rosewater, raspberry, and lychee). 4-minute walk.
- Chanel Boutique Cambon – The iconic French designer’s flagship retail location. As much a fashion museum as a shop. 6-minute walk.
- Ladurée – Lovely and delicious macarons, pastries, chocolate, and gifts. 9-minute walk.
- Epices Roellinger Paris – Renowned spice shop that created by a Michelin-starred chef. 12-minute walk.
- Galeries Lafayette Haussmann – The most popular department store with tourists in search of famous French brands like Louis Vuitton and Cartier. Also housewares, gourmet foods, and wine. 14-minute walk.
- E. Dehillerin – Vast cookware selection; old school copper pans, professional grade knives, unique gifts. 17-minute walk.
- Forum Des Halles – Huge, modern underground shopping mall with French and international brands, restaurants, a cinema, and an Olympic-sized swimming pool. 17-minute walk.
Nearby Market or Grocery
- Marché St. Honoré – Outdoor market selling fruit and vegetables, baked goods, fresh ready-to-eat dishes, jewellery, and clothes. 12:30pm-8:30pm Wednesdays; 7am-3pm Saturdays. 6-minute walk.
- Monoprix – The biggest supermarket in the 1st arrondissement. Open from 9am-10pm Mon-Saturday. 8-minute walk.
- Rue Montorgeuil – One of the best market streets in Paris. Produce, flowers, bakeries, cheese, wine, you name it. 21-minute walk.
Nearby Attractions and Things to Do
- Jardin des Tuileries – 1-minute walk.
- Place Vendome – 4-minute walk.
- Musée des Arts Décoratifs – 6-minute walk.
- Musée de l’Orangerie – 8-minute walk.
- Comédie Française – 9-minute walk.
- Louvre Museum – 9-minute walk.
- Palais-Royal – 10-minute walk.
- Musée d’Orsay – 10-minute walk.
- Opéra National de Paris Garnier – 13-minute walk.
- Petit Palais – 17-minute walk.
- Grand Palais – 17-minute walk.
Le Meurice – The Hotel
Paris Hotels – Tips and Recommendations
- Best Luxury Hotels in Paris: Shangri-La (old world Paris charm) • Four Seasons George V (five-star luxury)
- Best Boutique Hotels in Paris: Relais Christine (small romantic boutique) • Grand Hôtel Du Palais Royal (great central location)
- Best Mid-range Hotels in Paris: Gardette Park (affordable hotel near the Marais) • Hotel Emile (trendy, central, and fun)
- Paris Hotels with Balcony: Mandarin Oriental • Pullman Paris Tour Eiffel • Hotel WO • Hotel Residence Foch • Holiday Inn Paris Notre Dame • Hotel Ekta Champs Elysées • The Peninsula (the garden suite is incredible)
- Paris Hotels with Pool: Le Bristol • Mandarin Oriental • Le Burgundy • Saint James Albany • Shangri-La • The Peninsula • Four Seasons
- Paris Hotels with Kitchen: Fraser Suites Le Claridge Champs-Elysées • La Clef Tour Eiffel • Splendide Royal • Residence Henri IV • Saint James Albany • Citadines Les Halles Paris • Best Western Le Patio Saint Antoine • Le Marais – Hôtel De Ville
- Paris Hotels with Views of Eiffel Tower: Hotel Plaza Athenee Paris • Pullman Paris Tour Eiffel • Le Parisis • Hôtel Brighton • Shangri-La • Westin Vendôme
All Paris Hotel Reviews
- Best Western Aramis
- Le Bristol Paris
- Le Cinq Codet
- Four Seasons Paris George V
- Gardette Park Hotel
- Grand Hôtel du Palais Royal
- Hôtel Chopin
- Hôtel des Grands Boulevards
- Hôtel Grand Powers
- Hôtel Plaza Athénée
- Hôtel Providence
- Maison Souquet
- Mandarin Oriental Paris
- Mercure Paris Centre Tour Eiffel
- Le Meurice
- Off Paris Seine
- Park Hyatt Paris Vendôme
- Le Pavillon de la Reine
- The Peninsula Paris
- Relais Christine
- La Réserve Hotel & Spa
- Le Royal Monceau
- Saint James Paris
- Shangri-La Paris