Home > Leela Ambience Convention Hotel Review
by Santorini Dave • Updated: October 9, 2019
The Leela Ambience Convention Hotel, Delhi – Extraordinary size and very impressive facilities, but distant from attractions.
Among the sprawling eastern suburbs, this mammoth and luxurious complex is ostensibly built for conferences and weddings. However, it is also popular for those on packaged tours and ideal for others wanting to experience a slice of Delhi life without the traffic, noise, and hassles of the city center. The rooms – and especially the suites – are far more spacious than those in downtown rivals, and the full-length windows offer fascinating street views. Providing all sorts of wonderful amenities often unavailable at hotels in the overcrowded city center (such as a tropical-style pool), the Leela is within a short stroll of a massive mall.
The Leela Ambience Convention Hotel, Delhi – The Location
- Address: Maharaj Surajmal Marg (road), near the Yamuna Sports Complex. In an area called Shahdara in eastern Delhi.
- Area: In the eastern suburbs, with little outside the gates of interest to tourists other than a huge mall.
- How to Get There: From the airport, take the shuttle bus to the Aerocity metro station. Go to the New Delhi metro station and then get a connection to the Karkardooma Court metro station (1.5km from the hotel, 4-minute drive). Otherwise, a taxi to/from the airport takes about 60-75 minutes (30km). And it’s about 35 minutes by taxi (12km) from Connaught Place, the main shopping area in the center of Delhi.
The Leela Ambience Convention Hotel, Delhi – The Basics
- Guests: Overwhelmingly caters for those on conferences (and big Indian weddings), but tourists would certainly feel very welcome.
- Views: As the only high-rise in the area, views of the streets and gardens are extensive and far more interesting than those from downtown hotels. Some rooms overlook the public park alongside.
- Private Pools/Jacuzzis: Not really expected (or provided) at this sort of convention hotel in suburban Delhi.
- Extras: Daily newspaper delivered to each room.
- Wi-Fi: Included free throughout for all guests.
- How to Book: Booking.com will have the best rates.
- Phone: +91 (0)11 7172 1234
- Email: [email protected]
- Website: theleela.com
The Leela Ambience Convention Hotel, Delhi – Amenities
- Pool: Sizeable, with the sort of infinity edges found at tropical island resorts. Another in the convention wing.
- Spa: The Shanaya Spa is huge and offers an extensive range of treatments as well as highly-trained staff. Also, a whirlpool, steam room, and sauna.
- Fitness Center: Alongside the spa, with all the latest equipment. Another in the convention wing.
- Other Facilities: Business Center.
The Leela Ambience Convention Hotel, Delhi – Food and Drink
- Restaurants: Café Knosh – All-day a la carte menu and buffets for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Focuses on Middle Eastern and Chinese cuisine, as well as pizza and other Western delights. Facing the pool. • Dilli 32 – Opulent setting and exquisite Indian food. Open-plan kitchen and live music most nights. Dinner only. • Mei Kun – Cuisine from across Southeast Asia. Grill station, impressive wine list, and silver service. Dinner only.
- Bars: Cherry Bar – At the lobby area for imported beers/wines and signature cocktails. Garden views, finger food, and live music weekends. Open until after midnight. • Club Cuba – Trendy and intimate bar/lounge with fascinating photos and prints from Cuba. Pool views and tempting array of meals.
- Breakfast: Included for those staying in the Suites, but this can depend on how the room was booked.
- Room Service: Available 24/7.
The Leela Ambience Convention Hotel, Delhi – Rooms
- Room Types: Premier Rooms • Premier Rooms with Balcony • Executive Suites • Presidential Suites
- Smoking Rooms: Some rooms may allow smoking.
- Best Room: The Presidential Suites are on the top floor for optimum views. Very large, they feature substantial living areas, massage rooms, walk-in closets and access to a butler 24/7.
- For Families: Plenty of space in the rooms and suites for 1 or 2 extra single beds.
The Leela Ambience Convention Hotel, Delhi – Local Transport
- Walking: Nothing much to see outside the hotel gates except for a slice of suburban Indian city life, including a massive mall. Streets are flat, shady, easy to traverse along footpaths, and comparatively quiet. A park is alongside the hotel.
- Public Transport: The Delhi Metro is quick, reliable, and excellent value. The closest metro station is Karkardooma Court. 17-minute walk (1.5km).
- Taxis & Rickshaws: Taxis are white, poorly-signed, and surprisingly hard to find. None will use a meter, and all are overpriced. Best to arrange through the reception, which may urge guests to use a more expensive hotel car service instead. Also available are Uber and Ola. Contrastingly, auto-rickshaws are everywhere.
The Leela Ambience Convention Hotel, Delhi – What’s Nearby?
- A couple of minimarts in the vicinity, but most of the other facilities are for local residents and not foreign tourists. The Cross River Mall, about 600m south down the road (away from the park) is a massive Western-style shopping complex with many places to shop and eat. It’s so huge that youths from the city center come for the entire day. 7-minute walk.
The Leela Ambience Convention Hotel, Delhi – The Hotel
- The Best Hotels in Agra
- The Best Hotels in Bengaluru
- The Best Hotels in Chennai
- The Best Hotels in Delhi
- The Best Hotels in Goa
- The Best Hotels in Jaipur
- The Best Hotels in Jodhpur
- The Best Hotels in Kolkata
- The Best Hotels in Mumbai
- Ambassador, New Delhi – IHCL SeleQtions – Review
- Andaz Delhi – Review
- B Nineteen Luxury Hotel – Review
- Holiday Inn New Delhi International Airport – Review
- Hyatt Regency Delhi – Review
- Ibis New Delhi Aerocity Hotel – Review
- The Imperial New Delhi – Review
- La Sagrita – Review
- The LaLiT New Delhi – Review
- Le Méridien New Delhi – Review
- The Leela Palace New Delhi – Review
- Lemon Tree Premier, Delhi Airport – Review
- The Lodhi – Review
- Lutyens Bungalow – Review
- The Oberoi New Delhi – Review
- Pride Plaza Hotel Aerocity – Review
- Radisson Blu Marina Hotel Connaught Place
- Shangri-La’s – Eros Hotel – Review
- Taj Mahal, New Delhi – Review