Lembongan Cliff Villas – Cliff-top views and Crusoe-esque beach.
Cascading down a hillside with steep paths (but no buggies), these villas offer some of the island’s finest uninterrupted views of Jungutbatu bay and village as well as Rinjani volcano on neighboring Lombok (on a clear day). Villas are spacious and modern, with subtle Balinese touches and wide balconies. There’s a pool at the street-level lobby and another with a café/bar far higher up. And barely a few meters away is a divine curved bay perfect for swimming – and mostly empty. These villas are among the most isolated on the island, however, and at the end of a long potholed road from the speedboat offices, though shuttle services are provided.
Lembongan Cliff Villas – The Location
- Area: About 400m via the beach and stone path – but 2 km along the steep road – from the southern edge of Jungutbatu, the main settlement on the island. Very remote, with only 2 resorts nearby.
- Address: Jl Selambung Beach, Coconut Bay, Jungutbatu, Nusa Lembongan. Selambung Beach is also called Coconut Beach and Song Lambung Beach. About 40 minutes by speedboat from Bali (or longer from the Gili Islands). And then 2 km along a potholed and steep road from Jungutbatu village.
- How to Get There: The only way to reach Nusa Lembongan island is by speedboat from Sanur or Padangbai on Bali, often with connections to the Gili Islands. Compare schedules and book online. Majority of the boats arrive at Jungutbatu, the main village, so contact the hotel about transfers. And note: getting on/off these speedboats often involves wading through the water (many times at least knee-deep).
Lembongan Cliff Villas – The Basics
- Guests: Caters for all, but most guests seem to be older. Perhaps too remote for families and younger clientele.
- Beach: About 100m further down the steep and potholed road is a perfect beach: white sand, bright-blue water, and only a handful of tourists.
- Views: Almost all rooms offer uninterrupted sea views, and those higher up offer the finest ones. On a clear day, guests can even admire Rinjani volcano on Lombok Island.
- Private Pools/Jacuzzis: Not expected or provided at this sort of low-key resort on Nusa Lembongan.
- Extras: Shuttle services to the facilities and speedboat offices/terminal at Jungutbatu village.
- How to Book: Booking.com will have the best rates.
- Phone: +62 (0)821 337 379 396
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: lembongancliffvillas.com
Lembongan Cliff Villas – Amenities
- Pool: Two pools – one at street level near the lobby and another much higher up and alongside the café.
- Spa: No spa, but massages can be arranged through the reception.
- Fitness Center: Not expected or provided.
Lembongan Cliff Villas – Food and Drink
- Restaurant & Bar: The café alongside the pool is a knee-trembling climb up the steps. Guests will go there for breakfast but are probably less inclined at other times, although it does serve meals all day.
- Breakfast: Included in all rates.
- Room Service: Not available.
Lembongan Cliff Villas – Rooms
- Room Types: One Bedroom Villa • Cliff Suite • Two Bedroom Villa • List of all Rooms
- Smoking Rooms: Smoking is permitted on the patios but not in the rooms.
- Best Room: More spacious than the villas, the Cliff Suites also provide superior views.
- For Families: Most semi-detached villas have connecting doors, and some also have 2 bedrooms.
Lembongan Cliff Villas – Local Transport
- Walking & Cycling: The only road to/from the villas is very steep, so take advantage of the hotel shuttle service.
- Other Transport: No cars are allowed on the island. However, motorbikes are easy to rent and a terrific way to explore the island – and with no police, licenses are not required. New ‘taxis’ (pickup trucks) ply the narrow roads, but most are commandeered by speedboat companies and hotels, so arrange a lift through the hotel, if required. Cumbersome drive-yourself buggies can be rented at Mushroom Bay, and boats can be chartered anywhere for a more scenic way to reach remote parts of the island.
Lembongan Cliff Villas – What’s Nearby?
Best Nearby Restaurants & Bars
- Song Lambung Beach Huts – Raised area for excellent views. In the resort that faces the beach, just 100m down the road.
- Made’s – Simple eatery with random opening hours at the beach just past Song Lambung Beach Huts. Lunch only.
Otherwise, climb up the steps from the beach, cut through Villa Lago resort, and less than 10 minutes away is a line of cafés with exquisite ocean views, including:
- Thai Pantry – Adorable newcomer, featuring a bar in a converted Volkswagen combi-van. Authentic food, awesome views, and live music most nights.
- Lembongan Reef – Classier than nearby rivals. Happy hours, coffee, and seafood at pleasing prices.
- Ware Ware Warung – Long-standing favorite. Bar on a higher level and grills to delight.
- The only shop anywhere within walking distance is on the beach. It sells basic daily items.
- Swimming and snorkeling are possible at the beach 100m down from the hotel. More serious exploration of the underwater delights can be arranged through a few scuba-diving agencies in Jungutbatu village.