by Santorini Dave • Updated: June 4, 2019
Lemon Tree Premier, Delhi Airport – More likable, affordable, and personable than neighboring mega-hotels.
Unlike other more recognized but less charming high-rise hotels around this purpose-built suburb just minutes from the airport, the Lemon Tree exudes personality and vibrancy. The lobby is instantly appealing with its flamboyant lampshades and fashionable art. The eye-catching pool at the lobby level features shade, lounge chairs, and even some resort-style cabanas. Rooms are comfortable and compact, and the furniture and décor, quite appealing. Most face the main road, but the windows are solidly soundproofed. On a convenient corner, the hotel is very close to numerous malls and shops, and to the metro station which offers express services to the city center.
Lemon Tree Premier, Delhi Airport – The Location
- Address: In Aerocity, a modern suburb with nothing but hotels and tourist facilities; in fact, no-one lives there. About 10 minutes (4km) by car/taxi from the international and domestic terminals.
- Area: More tranquil, tidy, and secure, and far less hassle than staying anywhere in the city center. Plenty of facilities within walking distance.
- How to Get There: Transfers to and/or from the airport may be included in the rates. Otherwise, get a taxi. See Local Transport below for information about the Delhi Metro.
- Handy to: Airport.
Lemon Tree Premier, Delhi Airport – The Basics
- Guests: Caters well for all, especially those who need proximity to the airport. Also, more suitable for families than most other hotels in the area.
- Views: Like most hotels in Aerocity, some rooms face the main road, but windows are well sheltered from traffic and airplane noise. (Windows are even bulletproof!) Most other rooms face inwards and overlook the pool.
- Kitchen: Duplex Suites feature kitchenettes.
- Private Pools/Jacuzzis: The massive Duplex Suites also have jacuzzis.
- Extras: Transfers to/from the airport may be included, but this depends on the type of booking.
- Wi-Fi: Included free for all guests.
- How to Book: Booking.com will have the best rates.
- Phone: +91 (0)11 4423 2323
- Email: [email protected]
- Website: lemontreehotels.com
Lemon Tree Premier, Delhi Airport – Amenities
- Pool: Certainly one of the more appealing hotel pools in the area. Shade, deck, and some lounge chairs and cabanas, but not that private because many rooms overlook it.
- Spa: The Fresco spa offers a better-than-expected range of treatments.
- Fitness Center: Well-equipped and open 24/7. Personal trainers available.
- Other Facilities: Travel Desk. Business Center.
Lemon Tree Premier, Delhi Airport – Food and Drink
- Restaurants & Bar: Citrus Café – Between the lobby and pool, it’s open 24/7 for buffet breakfast and a la carte meals from an innovative menu. Poolside seating adds to the appeal. • Republic of Noodles – Further along the corridor from Citrus and also near the pool. Range of upmarket and award-winning street food from all over Asia. • Slounge – Trendy bar/lounge with snooker table, PlayStation, and finger food. Open until very late.
- Breakfast: Not included in rates.
- Room Service: Available 24/7.
Lemon Tree Premier, Delhi Airport – Rooms
- Room Types: Superior Rooms • Deluxe Rooms • Runway View Rooms • Executive Suites • Duplex Suites
- Smoking Rooms: Not permitted in the rooms or public areas, but allowed elsewhere.
- Best Room: The twin-level Duplex Suites are almost 3 times larger than the Executive Suites and feature living areas, dining rooms, 2 bedrooms, kitchenettes, and jacuzzis.
- For Families: Book 2 adjoining rooms, some of which have connecting doors, or a Duplex Suite (see above).
Lemon Tree Premier, Local Transport
- Walking: Plenty of facilities within the suburb of Aerocity, which is about 1km by 400m in area. The special zone offers things rarely (if ever) found elsewhere in Delhi: e.g. shady footpaths, minimal traffic, and no hassles.
- Public Transport: The Delhi Metro is quick, reliable, and excellent value. An express service, with only 4 stops, links Aerocity with the New Delhi station, attached to the main railway terminal. The Aerocity metro station is about 400m down the main road from the hotel. 5-minute walk.
- Taxis & Rickshaws: Taxis are white, poorly-signed, and even harder to find in Aerocity than elsewhere in Delhi. Best arranged through the hotel. None will use a meter and all are outrageously overpriced, so many locals use Uber and Ola. Oddly, there are no auto-rickshaws in Aerocity.
Lemon Tree Premier, Delhi Airport – What’s Nearby?
Restaurants & Bars
- The Lemon Tree is surrounded by upmarket hotels, each with several classy bistros and bars, including the Andaz Delhi hotel, 500m north up the main road. It is home to AnnaMaya (quirky décor, innovative menu, and open 24/7), Andaz Deli (light meals and homemade breads and cakes in a cheerful setting), and Juniper Bar (chic décor and signature cocktails). 6-minute walk.
Within a cluster in and around the Worldmark shopping malls (see below) are:
- Farzi Café – Exquisite food, attentive service, and lovely ambience. Live jazz on most weekends. 1-minute walk (100m).
- Café Delhi Heights – One in a countrywide chain of inviting cafés. Extended menu, friendly staff, and beer/wine available. 2-minute walk (170m).
- Chaayos – Hugely popular for casual meals and all sorts of teas. Intimate tables and cozy setting. 3-minute walk (190m).
- Food Capital +91 85277 26011 – Expansive basement food court with several tempting eateries offering Indian, Chinese, and western food, e.g. pizzas. 3-minute walk (220m).
Lemon Tree Premier, Delhi Airport – The Hotel
- Ambassador, New Delhi – IHCL SeleQtions – Review
- Andaz Delhi – Review
- B Nineteen Luxury Hotel – Review
- Holiday Inn New Delhi International Airport – Review
- Hyatt Regency Delhi – Review
- Ibis New Delhi Aerocity Hotel – Review
- The Imperial New Delhi – Review
- La Sagrita – Review
- The LaLiT New Delhi – Review
- Le Méridien New Delhi – Review
- The Leela Ambience Convention Hotel – Review
- The Leela Palace New Delhi – Review
- The Lodhi – Review
- Lutyens Bungalow – Review
- The Oberoi New Delhi – Review
- Pride Plaza Hotel Aerocity – Review
- Radisson Blu Marina Hotel Connaught Place
- Shangri-La’s – Eros Hotel – Review
- Taj Mahal, New Delhi – Review