A lux and edgy space in Paris’s most up-and-coming area, South Pigalle. Guests at Maison Souquet are treated to an intimate experience – granted a personal butler, lavish indiviualized room decor, and a private key for the gorgeous cobalt blue (and celestial ceilinged) swimming pool. Steps from the Moulin Rouge, this lavish brothel-turned-boutique-hotel’s 20 guest rooms are named after famous courtesans and each exudes a unique and decadent luxury replete with sumptuous details, such as peacock feather walls and headboards. In the hotel’s salons, a speakeasy-like hidden bar is lavishly decorated with velvet banquettes and a huge cast iron fireplace.
Paris Hotels – Tips and Recommendations
- Best Luxury Hotels in Paris: Shangri-La (old world Paris charm) • Four Seasons George V (five-star luxury)
- Best Boutique Hotels in Paris: Relais Christine (small romantic boutique) • Grand Hôtel Du Palais Royal (great central location)
- Best Mid-range Hotels in Paris: Gardette Park (affordable hotel near the Marais) • Hotel Emile (trendy, central, and fun)
- Paris Hotels with Balcony: Mandarin Oriental • Pullman Paris Tour Eiffel • Hotel WO • Hotel Residence Foch • Holiday Inn Paris Notre Dame • Hotel Ekta Champs Elysées • The Peninsula (the garden suite is incredible)
- Paris Hotels with Pool: Le Bristol • Mandarin Oriental • Le Burgundy • Saint James Albany • Shangri-La • The Peninsula • Four Seasons
- Paris Hotels with Kitchen: Fraser Suites Le Claridge Champs-Elysées • La Clef Tour Eiffel • Splendide Royal • Residence Henri IV • Saint James Albany • Citadines Les Halles Paris • Best Western Le Patio Saint Antoine • Le Marais – Hôtel De Ville
- Paris Hotels with Views of Eiffel Tower: Hotel Plaza Athenee Paris • Pullman Paris Tour Eiffel • Le Parisis • Hôtel Brighton • Shangri-La • Westin Vendôme
Hotel Maison Souquet – The Basics
- Location: Removed from central Paris in the lively Pigalle neighborhood, on the border of charming Montmartre. Surrounded by great bars and restaurants, with Moulin Rouge just around the corner, but tucked away on a relatively quiet side street.
- Ages: Cribs are complimentary, and thoughtful touches like gaming consoles are privided for older kids, but due to the intimate nature of this hotel (and its suggestive courtesan theme), it may not be the best option for families with small children. (See my favorite Paris hotels for families.)
- Pet Policy: No pets are allowed.
- View: Rooms either look out onto the street, or into the interior courtyard.
- Wi-Fi Internet: Complimentary Wi-Fi.
- Parking: There is no parking at the hotel, but public parking can be found nearby.
- Nice Perks: Personal butler service. Hermès bath amenities.
- Phone: +33 (0)1 48 78 55 55
- Email: [email protected]
- When To Book: Maison Souquet is a small hotel, and rooms sell out quickly. Book well in advance (2-3 months), especially for high travel seasons of April to October, and December.
- How To Book: Booking.com will have the best rates. Use the website specific to your language, currency, and home-country for easiest use: UK • USA • Français • Deutsch • Nederlands.
Hotel Maison Souquet – Amenities
- Pool: A beautiful and private 10m swimming pool, set beneath a celestially-decorated ceiling, is available for (complimentary) guest by request.
- Spa: In addition to the pool, the hotel spa features a private steam room and treatment room; all are available to guests by request. Massage, facials, mani/pedicures, and makeup, and hair dressing are offered.
- Fitness Center: No fitness center.
- Private Pools/Jacuzzis: None.
Hotel Maison Souquet – Food and Drink
- Restaurant: No restaurant.
- Lounge/Bar: Cocktails, light lunch, and dinner are offered in the hotel’s sumptuous red velvet salon.
- Breakfast: Included in the room rate, breakfast is available from 7-11am in the hotel’s winter garden (interior courtyard), or served in-room.
- Room Service: 24 hour room service.
Hotel Maison Souquet – Rooms
- Room Types: Deluxe • Junior Suite • 2-bedroom Suite • List of all rooms
- Smoking Rooms: Guest rooms are non-smoking.
- Best Room: The hotel’s two two-bedroom suites, La Païva and Liane de Pougy, each contain two bedrooms, two sitting rooms, and luxurious bathrooms that feature both a bathtub and walk-in shower.
Hotel Maison Souquet – What’s Nearby?
Recommended Nearby Tours & Tickets
- Montmartre Walking Tour – 2-hour guided tour of this bohemian historic district that includes Sacré Coeur, Van Gogh’s House, Moulin Rouge, Picasso’s Studio, Paris’ last remaining windmill and vinyard, and more. 1-minute walkto tour starting point.
- Champagne at the Moulin Rouge – These tickets to the renowned cabaret’s extravagant show “Féerie” include a 1/2 bottle of champagne each. 2-minute walk.
- GetYourGuide.com – The best website for booking tours and tickets in Paris.
- Tifinagh – Traditional French bistro with an excellent (and affordable) 3-course meal option. 4-minute walk.
- Café des Deux Moulins – Corner cafe/bar made famous by the Movie Amelie. Nice for breakfast. 4-minute walk.
- À La Cloche d’Or – Traditional French in a Provincial-style interior, historically (and still) a post-show dinner spot for artists and musicians performing nearby. 4-minute walk.
- Les Apôtres de Pigalle – Small but incredible restaurant featuring tapas that blend French with Mexican and South American flavors. Reservations recommended. 6-minute walk.
- La Mascotte – French brasserie specializing in seafood, with Art Deco interiors and sidewalk terrace seating. 7-minute walk.
- Zarma Kebap – Cheap and delicious Middle Eastern street food. Don’t miss the shoestring potato chips. 7-minute walk.
- Luz Verde – Mexican gastropub with excellent tacos and margaritas. 9-minute walk.
- Buvette Gastrothèque – Classic French with a modern twist, buzzy but cozy vibe, hip interior. 9-minute walk.
- Le Pantruche – Good value, classic French, friendly neighborhood feel. 10-minute walk.
- Le Coryllis – Charming neighborhood Italian spot on a small side street near Sacré Coeur. 11-minute walk.
- Pizza di Loretta – Roman-style, pay-by-the-pound pan pizza goodness. 15-minute walk.
Nearby Bars & Breweries
- La Machine du Moulin Rouge – Large and very popular dance club connected to the iconic cabaret. 2-minute walk.
- Le Boucan – Fun and laid-back neighborhood bar, friendly staff. 3-minute walk.
- Wall Street Pigalle – Concept bar in which drink prices, displayed on a screen, change every 100 seconds – like Wall Street stocks. Also serves tapas. 3-minute walk.
- The Harp Bar – Classic Irish sports pub, reasonabe prices. 4-minute walk.
- Baton Rouge – Cozy and convivial atmosphere for classic and creative cocktails. 7-minute walk.
- Dirty Dick – Tiki bar with strong drinks; a fun place to start a night out. 7-minute walk.
- Glass – Trendy spot with great cocktails, good DJs, and a small dance floors. When you get hungry, the’ve got gourmet hot dogs and pickles. 7-minute walk.
- Les Justes – Sophisticated, but not stuffy; well-crafted cocktails. 8-minute walk.
- Artisan – Low key tapas and cocktails spot. 13-minute walk.
- Le Rocketship – Funky shop for home goods, art books, and posters. Also has a cafe. 9-minute walk.
- Pois Plume – Super sweet toy and baby/maternity clothing shop. 9-minute walk.
- Pain Pain – Corner patisserie with excellent pain au chocolat. 11-minute walk.
- Sebastian Gaudard – Patisserie and master chocolatier. 13-minute walk.
- Käramell – Fun and colorful candy shop and Scandinavian home goods store. 13-minute walk.
- La Chambre aux Confitures – Hundreds of jams, honeys, caramel and chocolate sauces – and you can try it all. 13-minute walk.
- Henri Le Roux – Gourmet chocolates and caramels. 13-minute walk.
- Galeries Lafayette Haussman – Huge and beautiful department store. Designer clothing, perfumes, toys, restaurants, and more. 15-minute walk.
Nearby Market or Grocery
- Causses – Fresh fruit, cheese, meats, bread, and snacks; great place to stock up for a picnic. 7-minute walk.
- Bio c’ Bon – Organic supermarket with fresh fruit and vegetables, bread, cheese, dairy products. 7-minute walk.
- Carrefour Market – Standard supermarket with a good selection and decent prices. 9-minute walk.