Maison Souquet – Former bordello turned intimate and sassy boutique hotel.
A lux and edgy space in Paris’ most up-and-coming area, South Pigalle. Guests are treated to an intimate experience – granted a personal butler, lavish individualized room decor, and a private key for the gorgeous cobalt blue (and celestial-ceilinged) swimming pool. Steps from the Moulin Rouge, this lavish brothel-turned-boutique-hotel’s twenty guest rooms are named after famous courtesans and each exudes a unique and decadent luxury replete with sumptuous details such as peacock feather walls and headboards. In the hotel’s salons, a speakeasy-like hidden bar is lavishly decorated with velvet banquettes and a huge cast iron fireplace.
Maison Souquet – Location
- Address: 10 rue de Bruxelles, Paris.
- Nearest Metro/Subway: Blanche (100m, 2-minute walk) and Place de Clichy (0.2 mile, 4-minute walk).
- Area: In trendy South Pigalle at the edge of charming Montmartre. Surrounded by great bars and restaurants, with Moulin Rouge just around the corner, but tucked away on a relatively quiet side street.
- How To Get There: The Paris Metro is the easiest option and there’s plenty to explore nearby on foot.
- Handy To: Moulin Rouge, Sacré Coeur, Montmartre neighborhood.
Maison Souquet – The Basics
- Ages: Families with children are welcome but this hotel is definitely geared towards romantic, grown-up stays.
- Pet Policy: No pets are allowed.
- View: Rooms either look out onto the street, or into the interior courtyard.
- Wi-Fi: Complimentary for all guests.
- Parking: There is no parking at the hotel but public parking can be found nearby.
- Nice Perks: Personal butler service. Hermès bath amenities.
- When To Book: Maison Souquet is a small hotel and rooms sell out quickly. Book well in advance (2-3 months), especially for the high travel seasons of April to October and December.
- How To Book: Booking.com will have the best rates.
- Phone: +33 1 4878 5555
- Email: [email protected]
- Website: maisonsouquet.com
Maison Souquet – Amenities
- Pool: A beautiful and private 10m swimming pool, set beneath a celestially-decorated ceiling, is available (complimentary) for guests by request.
- Spa: In addition to the pool, the hotel spa features a private steam room and treatment room; all are available to guests by request. Massage, facials, mani/pedicures, makeup, and hair dressing are offered.
- Fitness Center: No fitness center.
- Private Pools/Jacuzzis: None.
- For Disabled Guests: Rooms designed with mobility issues in mind are available.
- For Families: Baby cots are complimentary but due to the intimate nature of this hotel and suggestive courtesan theme, it may not be the best option for families with children.
- Activities: The hotel can help arrange just about anything, including specialized tours.
- Other Facilities: The 3 connecting salons and outdoor garden patio on the ground floor are sumptuous places for a drink, reading a rare book from the library, or playing an antiquarian game.
Maison Souquet – Food and Drink
- Restaurant: No restaurant.
- Lounge/Bar: Cocktails, light lunch, and dinner are offered in the hotel’s sumptuous red velvet salon. The main bar area is where (after moving from the first entry lounge) men would come in to meet and mingle with the courtesans. The décor has stayed true to form with round couches, nude paintings, and food and drink to get you in the mood – from signature cocktails to caviar.
- Breakfast: Included in the room rate, breakfast is available from 7-11 am in the hotel’s winter garden (interior courtyard), or served in-room.
- Room Service: 24-hour room service.
Maison Souquet – Rooms
- Room Types: Deluxe • Junior Suite • 2-bedroom Suite
- Smoking Rooms: Guest rooms are non-smoking.
- Best Room: Each of the hotel’s two 2-bedroom suites, La Païva and Liane de Pougy, come with 2 bedrooms, 2 sitting rooms, and luxurious bathrooms that feature both a bathtub and walk-in shower.
Maison Souquet – Local Transport
- Walking: This is a very walkable area with major sites plus interesting neighborhoods to get lost in right out the door.
- Subway and Bus: The hotel is very close to a handful of Metro stations serving different lines. The Blanche metro station is a 1-minute walk (100m) away and serves line 2, while Place de Cliché is 4 minutes (0.2 mile) away and serves lines 2 and 13. There are 5 other metro stations within a 10-minute walk to the hotel, making it a breeze to get anywhere.
- Taxis, Uber, Lyft: Taxis are always available and Uber services Paris.
Maison Souquet – What’s Nearby?
Recommended Nearby Tours & Tickets
- Montmartre Walking Tour – 2-hour guided tour of this bohemian historic district that includes Sacré Coeur, Van Gogh’s House, Moulin Rouge, Picasso’s Studio, Paris’ last remaining windmill and vineyard, and more. Starting point: 1-minute walk (75m).
- Champagne at the Moulin Rouge – These tickets to the renowned cabaret’s extravagant show “Féerie” include a 1/2 bottle of champagne each. 2-minute walk (200m).
- GetYourGuide.com – The best website for booking tours and tickets in Paris.
Best Nearby Restaurants
- Tifinagh – Traditional French bistro with an excellent (and affordable) 3-course meal option. 4-minute walk (0.2 mile).
- Café des Deux Moulins – Corner cafe/bar made famous by the Movie Amelie. Nice for breakfast. 4-minute walk (0.2 mile).
- À La Cloche d’Or – Traditional French in a Provincial-style interior, historically (and still) a post-show dinner spot for artists and musicians performing nearby. 4-minute walk (0.2 mile).
- Les Apôtres de Pigalle – Small but incredible restaurant featuring tapas that blend French with Mexican and South American flavors. Reservations recommended. 6-minute walk (0.3 mile).
- La Villa des Abbesses – Black and dark wood décor with red curtains makes this classic French bistro feel a bit Belle Epoch. 6-minute walk (0.3 mile).
- La Mascotte – French brasserie specializing in seafood, with Art Deco interiors and sidewalk terrace seating. 7-minute walk (0.3 mile).
- Le Grenier a Pain – Fantastic bakery well-known for their award-winning baguettes. Great stop for sandwiches and sweet baked goods as well. 8-minute walk (0.3 mile).
- Le Sancerre – Great, classic French café restaurant for breakfast or a quick afternoon bite. 8-minute walk (0.4 mile).
- Luz Verde – Mexican gastropub with excellent tacos and margaritas. 9-minute walk (0.4 mile).
- Buvette Gastrothèque – Classic French with a modern twist, buzzy but cozy vibe, hip interior. 9-minute walk (0.4 mile).
- Le Pantruche – Good value, classic French, friendly neighborhood feel. 10-minute walk (0.5 mile).
- Le Coryllis – Charming neighborhood Italian spot on a small side street near Sacré Coeur. 11-minute walk (0.5 mile).
- Relais de la Butte – Lovely spot with ancient stone walls and tables spilling out over a large patio area off the sidewalk. Nice for a coffee or their specialty escalope of veal. 11-minute walk (0.4 mile).
- Pizza di Loretta – Roman-style, pay-by-the-pound pan pizza goodness. 15-minute walk (0.7 mile).
Best Nearby Cafes
Best Nearby Bars & Breweries
- Brussels Beer Project – Belgian beer tap room. 1-minute walk (100m).
- La Machine du Moulin Rouge – Large and very popular dance club connected to the iconic cabaret. 2-minute walk (100m).
- Le Boucan – Fun and laid-back neighborhood bar, friendly staff. 3-minute walk (0.1 mile).
- Wall Street Pigalle – Concept bar in which drink prices, displayed on a screen, change every 100 seconds, like Wall Street stocks. Also serves tapas. 3-minute walk (0.1 mile).
- The Harp Bar – Classic Irish sports pub, reasonabe prices. 4-minute walk (0.2 mile).
- Baton Rouge – Cozy and convivial atmosphere for classic and creative cocktails. 7-minute walk (0.3 mile).
- Dirty Dick – Tiki bar with strong drinks; a fun place to start a night out. 7-minute walk (0.3 mile).
- Glass – Trendy spot with great cocktails, good DJs, and a small dance floor. When you get hungry, they’ve got gourmet hot dogs and pickles. 7-minute walk (0.3 mile).
- Les Justes – Sophisticated, but not stuffy, with well-crafted cocktails. 8-minute walk (0.4 mile).
- La Butte Fromager – Excellent cheese shop. 8-minute walk (0.4 mile).
- Le Rocketship – Funky shop for home goods, art books, and posters. Also has a cafe. 9-minute walk (0.5 mile).
- Pois Plume – Super sweet toy and baby/maternity clothing shop. 9-minute walk (0.5 mile).
- Pain Pain – Corner patisserie with excellent pain au chocolat. 11-minute walk (0.5 mile).
- Sebastian Gaudard – Patisserie and master chocolatier. 13-minute walk (0.7 mile).
- Käramell – Fun and colorful candy shop and Scandinavian home goods store. 13-minute walk (0.7 mile).
- La Chambre aux Confitures – Hundreds of jams, honeys, caramel, and chocolate sauces – and you can try it all. 13-minute walk (0.7 mile).
- Maison Le Roux – Gourmet chocolates and caramels. 13-minute walk (0.7 mile).
- Galeries Lafayette Haussman – Huge and beautiful department store. Designer clothing, perfumes, toys, restaurants, and more. 15-minute walk (0.8 mile).
Nearby Market or Grocery
- Causses – Fresh fruit, cheese, meats, bread, and snacks; great place to stock up for a picnic. 7-minute walk (0.3 mile).
- Bio c’ Bon – Organic supermarket with fresh fruit and vegetables, bread, cheese, dairy products. 7-minute walk (0.3 mile).
- Au Verger des Abbesses – Fresh fruit, vegetables, and snacks. 8-minute walk (0.4 mile).
- Carrefour Market – Standard supermarket with a good selection and decent prices. 9-minute walk (0.4 mile).
Nearby Attractions & Things to Do
- Moulin Rouge – Paris’s most historically famous cabaret is still a circus of cancan kicks and outrageous costumes, even if the crowd is less Toulouse-Lautrec and more tour-bus kind. 2-minute walk (100m).
- Musée de la Vie Romantique – Housed in the home where George Sand and Ary Scheffer once lived, this museum re-creates another very romantic era in Paris. 6-minute walk (0.3 mile).
- Place Pigalle – Public square with lots of history, painter studios, red light districts, shops, bars, cafés, and karaoke places. 7-minute walk (0.3 mile).
- La Cigale Concert Hall – A historic landmark re-decorated in the 1980s by Philippe Starck. Come here for big-name live music acts. 9-minute walk (0.4 mile).
- Montmartre Cemetery – Lovely cemetery where Alexandre Dumas, Degas, Émile Zola, and many others are buried. 9-minute walk (0.4 mile).
- Wall of Love – A monument to amore, “I love you” is written on this wall in 250 languages. 10-minute walk (0.5 mile).
- Dali Paris – Don’t miss this if you’re a Dali fan – over 300 works are displayed here. 16-minute walk (0.6 mile).
- Sacré-Coeur – One of Paris’ top sights, the views from this beauty are incredible especially if you climb the 300 steps to the top. 19-minute walk (0.8 mile).
- Opéra Garnier – A grand 19th-century opera theater hosting regular ballet, opera, and chamber music performances, as well as exhibitions and guided tours. 20-minute walk (1 mile).
Paris Hotels – Tips and Recommendations
- Best Luxury Hotels in Paris: Shangri-La (old world Paris charm) • Four Seasons George V (five-star luxury)
- Best Boutique Hotels in Paris: Relais Christine (small romantic boutique) • Grand Hôtel Du Palais Royal (great central location)
- Best Mid-range Hotels in Paris: Gardette Park (affordable hotel near the Marais) • Hotel Emile (trendy, central, and fun)
- Paris Hotels with Balcony: Mandarin Oriental • Pullman Paris Tour Eiffel • Hotel WO • Hotel Residence Foch • Holiday Inn Paris Notre Dame • Hotel Ekta Champs Elysées • The Peninsula (the garden suite is incredible)
- Paris Hotels with Pool: Le Bristol • Mandarin Oriental • Le Burgundy • Saint James Albany • Shangri-La • The Peninsula • Four Seasons
- Paris Hotels with Kitchen: Fraser Suites Le Claridge Champs-Elysées • La Clef Tour Eiffel • Splendide Royal • Residence Henri IV • Saint James Albany • Citadines Les Halles Paris • Le Patio Bastille • Le Marais – Hôtel De Ville
- Paris Hotels with Views of Eiffel Tower: Hotel Plaza Athenee Paris • Pullman Paris Tour Eiffel • Le Parisis • Hôtel Brighton • Shangri-La • Westin Vendôme
Maison Souquet – The Hotel
All Paris Hotel Reviews
- The Best Boutique Hotels in Amsterdam
- The Best Boutique Hotels in Barcelona
- The Best Boutique Hotels in Bath
- The Best Boutique Hotels in Budapest
- The Best Boutique Hotels in Cambridge
- The Best Boutique Hotels in Cannes
- The Best Boutique Hotels in Copenhagen
- The Best Boutique Hotels in London
- The Best Boutique Hotels in Paris