• Location: Central Right Bank location on Rue St Honoré, close to the Louvre Museum and the Tuileries Gardens.
• Hotel website: mandarinoriental.com
• Hotel phone: +33 (0)1 70 98 78 88
• Check prices for Mandarin Oriental
Mandarin Oriental – family-friendly luxury in the Paris city center. The hotel has a prime location in the heart of the 1st arrondissement, among the boutique shops on Rue Saint Honoré while being a stone’s throw from the Louvre, Place Vendome, and the Jardin des Tuileries. Options abound for children, from playing in the nearby Tuileries to various kids’ activities the hotel organizes, like perfume-making classes or cooking lessons. In addition, the concierge provides guests with a handout of weekly cultural happenings that includes a section dedicated to younger guests. There’s an excellent pool and spa, and a Michelin two-star restaurant – with kids’ menu, of course. Should you want to spend a quiet evening in, the hotel offers popcorn machines for a family movie night.
Mandarin Oriental – Location
Central Right Bank location on Rue St Honoré, set amid high-end European shops and close to the Louvre Museum, Place Vendôme, and the Tuileries Gardens.
- Address: 251 Rue Saint-Honoré.
- Nearest Metro: Madeleine, Concorde, Tuileries.
- Taxi: Airport taxis to central Paris are charged at a flat rate. Fare from Charles de Gaulle Airport is €55, fare from Orly Airport is €35.
- Private Transfer: We use and recommend Welcome Pickups car service. Booking through a private car service will cost only a bit more than a taxi – about €61 from CDG and €57 from Orly, but can be worth it to avoid the long taxi queue and for the convenience of paying ahead.
Mandarin Oriental – The Basics
- Ages: The Mandarin Oriental is one of Paris’ most family-friendly hotels. They offer cribs, bath tubs, sterilizers, highchairs, play mats, and bottle warmers for guests with babies; books, crayons, video games, and treats on arrival for older kids. Kids’ menus are available in the hotel restaurants and for room service. There is a dedicated Kids’ Ambassador and Kids’ Concierge. The hotel supplies a popcorn machine and DVDs for family movie nights, and hosts special events like Easter egg hunts, drawing workshops, and Christmas activities. The spa’s 14-meter lap pool offers family hours. Babysitting can be arranged with advaced notice.
- Pet Policy: Very pet-friendly. Dogs stay free of charge, and are welcome in all parts of the hotel except the spa and Sur Mesure restaurant. In-room treats, personalized mats, bowls, cushions, toys animal, and mineral water are provided. Gourmet pet menus are available via room service or in Camélia restaurant. Dog-walking and dog-sitting services can be arranged through the hotel.
- View: Views of Rue Saint-Honoré, the hotel garden, or city rooftops. Upper floor suites have panaromic terrace views, and views of the Eiffel Tower.
- Parking: Valet parking is €45 per day, with in/out privileges.
- Nice Perks: In-room Nespresso machines, free newspapers in lobby, Diptyque bath products, complimentary macaroons, Bang & Olufsen TVs and audio.
- When to Book: Book months in advance, especially for high season.
- How to Book: Booking.com will have the best rates.
- Phone: +33 (0)1 70 98 78 88
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: mandarinoriental.com
Mandarin Oriental – Amenities
- Pool: Beautiful 14m lap pool with waterfall. Open 7am-10pm daily.
- Spa: Large spa with four single and two couples treatment suites, steam room. Hand, feet, body, and skin treatments are offered.
- Fitness Center: Open 24 hours. Cardio machines, free weights, Kinesis system, and personal training with renowned trainer Nicolas Veret.
- Private Pools/Jacuzzis: Penthouse suites include indoor jacuzzi tubs.
Mandarin Oriental – Food and Drink
- Restaurant: Two on-site restaurants, run by renowned chef Thierry Marx: Sur Mesure has 2 Michelin stars and offers conceptual French and European fine dining. • Camélia serves traditional French fare for breakfast, lunch, and dinner in a relaxed garden setting. • L’Honoré serves health-conscious breakfast, lunch, and afternoon tea. There is an in-house patisserie, open from 11am-7pm.
- Lounge/Bar: Bar 8 is a chic cocktail lounge with a beautiful marble bar and seasonal outdoor terrace. Open from 12pm-2am daily.
- Breakfast: Not complimentary. Served in Camélia and L’Honoré restaurants from 7am-11am.
- Room Service: 24 hours. Kids’ menu and dog menu are available. Picnic baskets can be ordered with 24-hours notice.
Mandarin Oriental – Rooms
- Room Types: Superior Room • Deluxe Room • Mandarin Room • Mandarin Terrace Room • Junior Suite • Deluxe Suite • Duplex Suite • Terrace Suite • Couture Suite • Panoramic Suite • Royale Orientale Suite • Royale Mandarin Suite • List of all rooms
- Smoking Rooms: Smoking is not permitted in guest rooms.
- Best Room: The 252sqm split-level Royale Mandarin Suite has a separate elevator entrance, and includes a living room, dining room, kitchen, bar, study, huge bedroom, private gym, and steam room. The vast terrace has panoramic rooftop views of Paris, including the Eiffel Tower.
Mandarin Oriental – What’s Nearby?
- Carré des Feuillants – Modern French fine dining from renowned chef Alain Dutournier. 2 Michelin stars.
- Le Soufflé – Charming restaurant serving expertly-prepared savory and sweet soufflés. Moderately-priced.
- Le Meurice Alain Ducasse – Elegant, Michelin-starred French fine dining in Le Meurice Hotel.
- Angelina – Excellent tea and pastries (and the best hot chocolate in Paris) on the Rue de Rivoli. Great for brunch.
- Big Fernand – American-style hamburgers done in 6 styles, including mushroom, veal, or chicken. House-made condiments and great fries.
- Sanukiya – Bustling Japanese restaurant, known for their great udon.
- Kotteri Ramen Naritake – Cheap, popular, delicious. The best Ramen in Paris.
- Verjus – Contemporary American cooking, prestige ingredients, casual and low key feel.
- La Bourse et la Vie – Classic French cooking from American celebrity chef, Daniel Rose.
- yam’Tcha – Chinese influenced modern French cooking. Very popular – reserve well in advance, try for lunch, or stop by their boutique around the corner for steamed bao.
- Bouillon Chartier – Traditional French in a historic Belle Époque dining room. Reasonable prices. Great for families.
Nearby Bars and Breweries
- Bar Hemingway – Intimate, iconic cocktail bar in the Ritz Hotel.
- Frog Hop House – Fun French brew pub with an American sports bar feel.
- Buddha Bar – Trendy restaurant/nightclub with a Southeast Asian theme – go for cocktails and ambiance; the food is overpriced.
- Harry’s New York Bar – Cocktail and piano bar with a storied history and great drinks.
- Juveniles – Charming wine shop-turned-bistro with solid food, reasonable prices, great wine.
- Verjus Bar à Vin – The cozy cave-like wine bar of the much-loved restaurant Verjus. Rotating wine list and French/fusion small plates.
Nearby Shopping and Cool Shops
- Chanel Boutique Cambon – The iconic French designer’s flagship retail location. As much a fashion museum as a shop.
- Pierre Hermé – Award-winning and creative macarons (try the signature “Ispahan” – a blend of rosewater, raspberry, and lychee).
- Goyard – Exclusive luxury handbags, luggage, and leather goods. One of the few brands that’s unavailable for purchase online.
- Ladurée – Lovely and delicious macarons, pastries, chocolate, and gifts.
- Librairie Galignani – Elegant English-language bookstore with a good cookbook selection and a charming children’s corner.
- Epices Roellinger Paris – Renowned spice shop that created by a Michelin-starred chef.
- Galeries Lafayette Haussmann – The most popular department store with tourists in search of famous French brands like Louis Vuitton and Cartier. Also housewares, gourmet foods, and wine.
- E. Dehillerin – Vast cookware selection; old school copper pans, professional grade knives, unique gifts.
- Forum Des Halles – Huge, modern underground shopping mall with French and international brands, restaurants, a cinema, and an Olympic-sized swimming pool.
Nearby Market or Grocery
- Marché St. Honoré – Outdoor market selling fruit and vegetables, baked goods, fresh ready-to-eat dishes, jewellery, and clothes. 12:30pm-8:30pm Wednesdays; 7am-3pm Saturdays.
- Monoprix – The biggest supermarket in the 1st arrondissement. Open from 9am-10pm Mon-Saturday.
- Rue Montorgeuil – One of the best market streets in Paris. Produce, flowers, bakeries, cheese, wine, you name it.
Nearby Attractions and Things to Do
- Place Vendome
- Jardin des Tuileries
- Musée des Arts Décoratifs
- Musée de l’Orangerie
- Comédie Française
- Louvre Museum
- Opéra National de Paris Garnier
- Musée d’Orsay
- Petit Palais
- Grand Palais
Mandarin Oriental – The Hotel
Paris Hotels – Tips and Recommendations
- Best Luxury Hotels in Paris: Shangri-La (old world Paris charm) • Four Seasons George V (5-star luxury)
- Best Boutique Hotels in Paris: Relais Christine (small romantic boutique) • Grand Hôtel Du Palais Royal (great central location)
- Best Mid-range Hotels in Paris: Gardette Park (affordable hotel near the Marais) • Hotel Emile (trendy, central, and fun)
- Paris Hotels with Balcony: Mandarin Oriental • Pullman Tour Eiffel • Le 12 • Hotel Residence Foch • Holiday Inn Notre Dame • Hotel Ekta Champs Elysées • The Peninsula (the garden suite is incredible)
- Paris Hotels with Pool: Le Bristol • Mandarin Oriental • Le Burgundy • Saint James Albany • Shangri-La • The Peninsula • Four Seasons
- Paris Hotels with Kitchen: Fraser Suites Le Claridge Champs-Elysées • La Clef Tour Eiffel • Splendide Royal • Residence Henri IV • Saint James Albany • Citadines Les Halles • Le Patio Bastille • Le Marais Hôtel De Ville
- Paris Hotels with Views of Eiffel Tower: Hotel Plaza Athenee • Pullman Tour Eiffel • Le Parisis • Hôtel Brighton • Shangri-La • Westin Vendôme
- Paris Travel Guide
- Best Hotels in Paris
- Best Hotels in Paris for Families
- Best Boutique Hotels in Paris
- Best Cheap Hotels in Paris
- Paris Choice Hotels
- Charles de Gaulle Airport Hotels
- Paris Hotels with Swimming Pools
- Where to Stay in Paris
- Paris Hotel Map
- Paris Hotel Reviews
- Best Time to Visit Paris
- Best Things to Do in Paris
- Best Restaurants in Paris
- Best Bars in Paris
- Best Shops & Markets in Paris
- Best Patisseries & Chocolatiers
- Paris with Kids
- Best Books about Paris
- Visiting Versailles from Paris
- London to Paris by Eurostar Train