Crest on Park Hotel Apartments – Budget-priced motel with apartments just meters from the beach and park.
With free parking on-site (and along the street outside) and apartments with kitchen facilities, this hotel very nicely caters for those with a car and/or staying more than a few days. It’s also perfect for families, especially those on a budget because the sofa converts to another double bed, and some apartments feature two bedrooms. Along a leafy suburban street, the Crest is only one block from a massive park with a playground and barbecue facilities alongside the beach. Only four tram stops from the center of St Kilda and fifteen minutes to the city center.
Crest on Park Hotel Apartments – The Location
- Area: Quiet part of St Kilda West, less than 10 minutes from the beach (see below) and a shady park alongside with palms, playground, and barbecue facilities. About 6 km from the city center and less than 1.5 km from the main shopping area of St Kilda.
- Address: The name of the hotel refers to its address – 46 Park Street.
- Nearest Transport: Bus – Mary St (25m), Tram – Mary St/Park St (50m).
- How to Get There: Taxis to/from the airport (30 km) cost about A$80. Just as fast – and one-quarter the price – is the SkyBus St Kilda Express (every 30-60 minutes, daily 6 am to 8 pm). It drops off and picks up passengers at St Kilda train station on Fitzroy Street (750m).
- Handy to: Beach and Luna Park (see below).
Crest on Park Hotel Apartments – The Basics
- Guests: Tourists, especially families, with a car and anyone who wants to be close to the city but not stay in it.
- Pets: Not allowed.
- Views: Motel-style block with most windows facing inwards and overlooking the quiet car park.
- Private Pools/Jacuzzis: Certainly not expected (or provided) at this sort of budget-priced suburban motel.
- Parking: Free, secure, and on-site, but on a first-come-first-served basis. Otherwise, also free – but not necessarily secure – along the street outside.
- How to Book: Booking.com will have the best rates.
- Phone: +61 (0)3 9525 4139
- Email: [email protected]
- Website: crestonpark.com.au
Crest on Park Hotel Apartments – Amenities
- Pool, Spa, & Fitness Center: Certainly not expected (or provided).
- Other Facilities: Laundry.
Crest on Park Hotel Apartments – Food and Drink
- Restaurant & Bar: Nothing on-site at this small suburban motel.
- Breakfast: All rooms feature kitchen facilities. A packaged continental breakfast can be arranged for an extra cost.
- Room Service: With kitchen facilities in all types of accommodations and no café on-site, room service is not available. Rooms are cleaned every day except Sundays and public holidays.
Crest on Park Hotel Apartments – Rooms
- Room Types: Executive King Rooms • Studio Rooms • Standard One Bedroom Apartments • Executive One Bedroom Apartments • Two Bedroom Apartments • List of all Rooms
- Smoking Rooms: No smoking allowed in the rooms.
- Best Room: Those further back from the street and on the upper floor would be a little quieter.
- For Families: In each room, the sofa converts to another sizable double bed, and some apartments feature 2 bedrooms.
Crest on Park Hotel Apartments – Local Transport
- Walking & Cycling: Perfect area for walking, whether along the beach, streets, seaside paths, or numerous parks. A dedicated bike path extends for 11 km along this part of the coastline.
- Public Transport: Well-connected to the city center (15 minutes) by several trams. #12 is more convenient because it stops just over the road from the hotel. To head further into St Kilda, take #16 or #96 from where Park Street meets Fitzroy Street (400m).
- Taxis & Ride-shares: Taxi stand in front of The Prince Hotel (see below). Uber and Ola operate all over Melbourne.
Crest on Park Hotel Apartments – What’s Nearby?
The closest range of facilities is at the top of Park Street which the Crest faces. Turn left from the hotel car park and walk to Fitzroy Street which leads to the main shopping area of St Kilda and the city center.
Best Nearby Restaurants
Among several quality eateries with outdoor seating along Fitzroy Street are:
- Domino’s – Part of an internationally-known pizza chain. Offers delivery by bicycle. (400m).
- Café Di Stasio – Long-time favorite for Italian food, elegant setting, and arty décor. (400m).
- Leo’s Spaghetti Bar – Casual, affordable, and often busy with locals. Next to Di Stasio and well-loved for over 50 years. (400m).
Along the esplanade and facing the beach are:
- Beachcomber Café and Restaurant – For seafood, shady terraces, sea views, and family-friendly vibe. (800m).
- Republica St Kilda Beach – Hugely popular summertime hangout, especially at sunset (but open all year). Daily specials and ideal for families. (800m).
Best Nearby Bars & Clubs
- The Prince (Prince of Wales) Hotel – Long-time favorite for affordable meals, elevated sea views, and quality bands most nights. Along Fitzroy Street, at the top of Park Street. (400m).
- Hotel Esplanade – The iconic Espy is renowned across the city for its hip vibe, street-side tables, and live bands. Along the esplanade. (900m).
Fitzroy Street (300m) is lined with shops that sell daily items. A little further, Acland Street is packed with shops, bars, and bistros. Acland street finishes as a pedestrian plaza (1.5 km or 4 stops by #96 tram).
- St Kilda – Offers everything – breeze, views, sand for walking, paddle-boarding, and an extended pier – but is not that great for swimming. Just a couple of minutes from the hotel, the expansive palm-studded Catani Gardens alongside the beach has pony rides (summer only), a playground, and barbecue facilities. (700m).
- Luna Park Melbourne – A highlight for some, it’s an old-style amusement park filled with rides and activities for everyone. The massive clown-face entrance is along the esplanade (also reachable via tram). (1 km).
Crest on Park Hotel Apartments – The Hotel
All Melbourne Hotel Reviews
- Cosmopolitan Hotel
- Crown Metropol Melbourne
- Crown Towers
- Crowne Plaza Melbourne
- Grand Chancellor Melbourne
- Grand Hyatt Melbourne
- Ibis Melbourne Central Hotel
- InterContinental Melbourne The Rialto
- The Langham, Melbourne
- The Lyall Hotel and Spa
- Mercure Melbourne Albert Park
- Novotel Melbourne Central Hotel
- Pan Pacific Melbourne
- PARKROYAL Melbourne Airport
- Pullman Melbourne Albert Park
- Quest Docklands
- Quest NewQuay, Docklands
- Sofitel Melbourne on Collins
- Treasury on Collins Apartment Hotel