PARKROYAL Melbourne Airport – Faultless service and amenities, just steps from the airport.
The PARKROYAL is perched on top of a multistory car park barely meters from one of the terminal exits. Overwhelmingly catering to airline passengers, it’s only forty minutes by express bus to the city center, making it a worthy alternative to overpriced hotels in downtown. Rooms are colorful, spacious, and incredibly soundproofed, considering they’re so close to the runways, and all feature blackout curtains. Worth a splurge are the suites with maximum full-length windows overlooking all the action at the airport. Guests can check-in for their flights and wait in the special lounge at the hotel, while others can pay for a half-day or use the lounge, gym, Wi-Fi, and sauna for a modest cost.
PARKROYAL Melbourne Airport – The Location
- Address: Level 4 of the building opposite Terminal 2 at Melbourne Airport. Only a few hundred meters from the other terminals at the combined domestic/international airport.
- Area: In the Tullamarine airport area, with everything nearby catering to airline passengers and airport workers.
- How to Get There: Above the car park and accessible along 2 ‘skybridges’ (covered walkways) from Terminal 2. Within a 3-minute walk of all 4 domestic/international terminals.
- Handy to: Melbourne Airport.
PARKROYAL Melbourne Airport – The Basics
- Guests: Almost entirely airline passengers and crew, with a smattering of local business people, too.
- Pets: Not allowed.
- Views: Rooms facing the airport offer fascinating views and are remarkably soundproofed. Others overlook the streets and buildings within the general airport area and the surprising farmland in the background.
- Private Pools/Jacuzzis: Spa Suites have private jacuzzis.
- Extras: After checking in for flights, guests can wait in the special lounge at the hotel.
- Wi-Fi: Available free throughout for all guests.
- Parking: Discounted valet or self-parking available at the public carpark on the lower levels under the hotel.
- How to Book: Booking.com will have the best rates.
- Phone: +61 (0)3 8347 2000
- Email: [email protected]
- Website: panpacific.com
PARKROYAL Melbourne Airport – Amenities
- Pool: Smallish but good enough. Heated, indoors, and jacuzzi attached.
- Spa: No massages and facials, but a sauna.
- Fitness Center: Impressive size and range of equipment. Popular among guests and open 24/7. More great views of the airport.
- Other Facilities: Business center/lounge. ATM.
PARKROYAL Melbourne Airport – Food and Drink
- Restaurant & Bar: Opposite the reception area, Airo Restaurant is spacious and nicely decorated. With a separate café, restaurant, and bar more-or-less sharing the same name, the extended menu includes set-price 2 and 3-courses of Australian cuisine, often with French influences. Window tables offer enthralling views of the terminals and runways.
- Breakfast: Not normally included, but could be, depending on how the room was booked.
- Room Service: Available 24/7.
PARKROYAL Melbourne Airport – Rooms
- Room Types: Standard Rooms • Superior Rooms • Deluxe Rooms • Family Rooms • Business Suites • Spa Suites
- Smoking Rooms: No smoking in the rooms or public areas.
- Best Room: The huge Spa Suites offer ample full-length windows overlooking the airport, yet are very quiet. With powder rooms, jacuzzis, and separate living areas.
- For Families: Many lower-category rooms have connecting doors, while the special Family Rooms offer a king-sized bed and 2 singles each. Suites are very spacious and can fit in extra single beds.
PARKROYAL Melbourne Airport – Local Transport
- Public Transport: No public transport to or from the airport. Starbus offers direct shuttle services (daily, 5 am-10 pm) to hotels in the city center and suburban areas like South Yarra, Docklands, and St Kilda. Skybus Express has regular buses to special stops in the city center (24 hours) and fewer services to Southbank, Docklands, and St Kilda.
- Taxis, Ride-shares & Car Rental: Several taxis wait outside the terminals just 100m away round the clock. Offices for car rental companies are on the ground floor of the hotel/carpark building and in the airport terminals. Uber and Ola operate all over Melbourne.
PARKROYAL Melbourne Airport – What’s Nearby?
Restaurants & Bars
Not a great choice. Outside the terminal and within walking distance is a McDonald’s. In the nearby Holiday Inn hotel nearby (0.4 mile, 8-minute walk), the appealing Vargas Restaurant & Bar offers one of the city’s finest buffet breakfasts (available to the public) and hearty meals for lunch and dinner. Inside the terminals are numerous options, mostly casual cafés and bars catering to airport passengers.
Plenty of minimarts and souvenir shops inside the terminals, but nothing else.
PARKROYAL Melbourne Airport – The Hotel
All Melbourne Hotel Reviews
- Cosmopolitan Hotel
- Crest on Park Hotel Apartments
- Crown Metropol Melbourne
- Crown Towers
- Crowne Plaza Melbourne
- Grand Chancellor Melbourne
- Grand Hyatt Melbourne
- Ibis Melbourne Central Hotel
- InterContinental Melbourne The Rialto
- The Langham, Melbourne
- The Lyall Hotel and Spa
- Mercure Melbourne Albert Park
- Novotel Melbourne Central Hotel
- Pan Pacific Melbourne
- Pullman Melbourne Albert Park
- Quest Docklands
- Quest NewQuay, Docklands
- Sofitel Melbourne on Collins
- Treasury on Collins Apartment Hotel