See Also: The Best Hotels in Paris
Mercure Paris Centre Tour Eiffel is a solid mid-range hotel in which many rooms have a direct view of the Eiffel Tower. Clean, quiet, and air conditioned, with modern decor. There’s a terrace garden and on-site restaurant and bar, to boot. Located on the border of the 7th, close to the river, Eiffel Tower, and public transport.
Paris Hotels – Tips and Recommendations
- Best Luxury Hotels in Paris: Shangri-La (old world Paris charm) • Four Seasons George V (five-star luxury)
- Best Boutique Hotels in Paris: Relais Christine (small romantic boutique) • Grand Hôtel Du Palais Royal (great central location)
- Best Mid-range Hotels in Paris: Gardette Park (affordable hotel near the Marais) • Hotel Emile (trendy, central, and fun)
- Paris Hotels with Balcony: Mandarin Oriental • Pullman Paris Tour Eiffel • Hotel WO • Hotel Residence Foch • Holiday Inn Paris Notre Dame • Hotel Ekta Champs Elysées • The Peninsula (the garden suite is incredible)
- Paris Hotels with Pool: Le Bristol • Mandarin Oriental • Le Burgundy • Saint James Albany • Shangri-La • The Peninsula • Four Seasons
- Paris Hotels with Kitchen: Fraser Suites Le Claridge Champs-Elysées • La Clef Tour Eiffel • Splendide Royal • Residence Henri IV • Saint James Albany • Citadines Les Halles Paris • Best Western Le Patio Saint Antoine • Le Marais – Hôtel De Ville
- Paris Hotels with Views of Eiffel Tower: Hotel Plaza Athenee Paris • Pullman Paris Tour Eiffel • Le Parisis • Hôtel Brighton • Shangri-La • Westin Vendôme
Mercure Paris Centre – The Basics
- Location: Central location on the border of the 7th arrondissement, very near the Eiffel Tower and the Seine. The nearest Metro stop is Bir-Hakeim, a 4-minute walk away.
- Ages: All ages are welcome. Kids 11 years old and younger stay free when using existing bedding. No cribs, but extra beds are available for 50€/night. The hotel restaurant features a children’s menu.
- Pet Policy: Pets (dogs and cats) are allowed for an extra charge of 25€ per pet, per night – limit one per room.
- View: Some Privilege-class rooms have incredible views of the Eiffel Tower.
- Wi-Fi Internet: Complimentary WiFi.
- Parking: Self-serve parking is available on site for 28€/day. No reservation necessary.
- Nice Perks: Complimentary daily newspaper, Eiffel Tower views.
- Phone: +33 825 80 17 17
- When To Book: Because of its great location, this hotel books fast. Book at least a month in advance, especially for travel between April and October, and in December.
- How To Book: Booking.com will have the best rates. Use the website specific to your language, currency, and home-country for easiest use: UK • USA • Français • Deutsch • Nederlands.
Mercure Paris Centre – Amenities
- Pool: No pool.
- Spa: No spa.
- Fitness Center: There is a small hotel gym with a handful of machines (bikes, treadmill, weights) and views of the Eiffel Tower.
- Private Pools/Jacuzzis: None.
Mercure Paris Centre – Food and Drink
- Restaurant: The bright and modern Le Jardin restaurant serves international cuisine and is open for lunch and dinner, Noon to 11:30pm daily. It opens to an outdoor terrace in warmer months. Children’s menu available.
- Lounge/Bar: The 2nd floor bar area has a foosball table, as well as couches and a television for sports viewing.
- Breakfast: A good buffet breakfast is available each morning for an additional fee.
- Room Service: Available from morning until late evening.
Mercure Paris Centre – Rooms
- Room Types: Classic Double • Classic Twin • Privilege Double • Privilege Double with View • Junior Suite • List of all rooms
- Smoking Rooms: Non-smoking rooms are available by request.
- Best Room: Junior suites have double beds, an additional lounge area, and essential oil diffusers in the bathroom. Some have fantastic Eiffel Tower views.
Mercure Paris Centre – What’s Nearby?
Recommended Nearby Tours & Tickets
- Fat Tire Bike Tour – Leisurely-paced 3-hour bike tour of Paris. Highlights include Eiffel Tower, Alexander III Bridge, Tuileries Gardens, Louvre, Les Invalides, Napoléon’s Tomb, and Place de la Concorde. 8-minute walk.
- Eiffel Tower – Skip the line and receive priority guided access to the Tower’s second floor observatory. 12-minute walk.
- Two in One: Eiffel Tower & Seine Cruise – Three-hour tour; skip-the-line at the Eiffel Tower and cruise past Parisian landmarks on the Seine. 12-minute walk.
- Paris in 1 Day – Eight-hour guided tour. Eiffel Tower, Seine River cruise, the Louvre, and Notre Dame. 13-minute walk.
- GetYourGuide.com – The best website for booking tours and tickets in Paris.
- Le Volant – French and Basque fare, relaxed and friendly atmosphere. 10-minute walk.
- Le Jules Verne – Alain Ducasse-led contemporary French fine dining restaurant in the Eiffel Tower. 11-minute walk.
- L’Astrance – Modern French with Asian accents, top 50 restaurants in the world 2015, jacket required. 12-minute walk.
- Arnaud Nicolas – Modern French, well-known for their excellent terrines and pâtés. 13-minute walk.
- Sapori di Parma – Wonderful family-owned, family-friendly Italian spot near the Eiffel Tower. 14-minute walk.
- Les Ombres – Classic French cuisine with wonderful Eiffel Tower views. 16-minute walk.
- Café Constant – Classic French, good value, reservations not required. 17-minute walk.
Nearby Bars & Breweries
- Bar à Champagne – Champagne bar at the top of the Eiffel Tower. 10-minute walk.
- Le Sancerre – Sweet wine bar with rustic, traditional food. 14-minute walk.
- Le Gatsby – Fun and friendly spot with a Jazz Age vibe and excellent cocktails. 18-minute walk.
- Ha’Penny Bridge Pub – Casual Irish sports bar, great staff. 19-minute walk.
Cool Shops Nearby
- Grégory Renard – Award-winning chocolates and macarons. (Try the chocolate sea-salt.) 17-minute walk.
- À la Mère de Famille – Chocolates and sweets, beautifully displayed and nicely packaged for souvenirs. 18-minute walk.
- La Fromagerie Cler – Excellent cheese shop near the Eiffel Tower. 18-minute walk.
- Duvelleroy – Luxury fan-maker since 1827; one of the only to have survived after World War II. 20-minute walk.
Nearby Market or Grocery
Nearby Attractions & Things to Do
- Pont de Bir-Hakeim – 7-minute walk.
- Seine River – 7-minute walk.
- Eiffel Tower – 11-minute walk.
- Wine Museum – 11-minute walk.
- Trocadero – 15-minute walk.
- Quai Branly Museum – 15-minute walk.
- Aquarium of Paris – 17-minute walk.
- Homme Museum – 19-minute walk.
- Palais de Chaillot – 20-minute walk.
- Museum of Architecture and Monuments – 21-minute walk.