Hotel The Neighbour’s Magnolia – Quiet, family-run boutique hotel near the Museum Quarter.
Spread across two fin de siècle townhouses in a quiet, affluent residential area, this family-run boutique hotel is excellent value for money. The comfortable, cleverly-designed rooms are decorated in soothing pastels and come with comfortable Coco-mat beds, flat-screen TVs, and designer HAY chairs, with fold-out writing desks and fair trade toiletries in the compact bathrooms. The friendly service goes a long way towards creating a cozy, home-away-from-home atmosphere. There are numerous good dining options nearby, and the location is ideal if you’re looking to explore the Museum Quarter and beyond.
Hotel The Neighbour’s Magnolia – Location
- Address: Willemsparkweg 205, 1071 HB Amsterdam
- Nearest Tram: Cornelis Schuystraaat.
- Area: Well-heeled neighborhood near the southern boundary of Vondelpark, a 12-minute walk from the 3 heavyweight art museums of the Museum Quarter, and an even shorter walk from a cluster of fashion boutiques. The historic canal ring and the Medieval Center are a short tram ride away, while Centraal Station is around 22 minutes by tram.
- How to Get There: Take the train from Schiphol Airport to Centraal Station, then tram #2 to the Cornelis Schuytstraat stop, a minute’s walk from the hotel.
- Handy to: Van Gogh Museum, Stedelijk Museum, Rijksmuseum, Vondelpark.
Hotel The Neighbour’s Magnolia – The Basics
- Ages: Guests tend to be couples or solo travelers looking for a comfortable, good-value base for exploring the city. The hotel is suitable for families with older children since there are family rooms with extra beds, but no other specific amenities are offered, such as baby cots.
- Private Pools/Jacuzzis: No private pools/jacuzzis.
- Laundry: No in-room laundry service.
- When to Book: Reserve 3 months in advance for the mid-March to mid-May tulip season, the July and August high season, and the Christmas-New Year period.
- How to Book: Booking.com will have the best rates.
- Phone: 020-676-9321
- Email: [email protected]
- Website: magnoliahotelamsterdam.com
Hotel The Neighbour’s Magnolia – Amenities
- Pool: No pool.
- Spa: No spa.
- Fitness Center: No fitness center.
- For Disabled Guests: Not suitable for disabled guests due to stair access.
- For Families: No specific family-friendly amenities besides garden access.
Hotel The Neighbour’s Magnolia – Food and Drink
- Restaurant: No onsite restaurant, but a number of restaurants and cafes nearby.
- Lounge/Bar: No bar, but there’s an honesty bar in the reception area, free coffee and tea available all day, and several bars and pubs within easy walking distance.
- Breakfast: Not complimentary. A continental breakfast buffet (7.30-10.30 am) costs €16.50 per person.
- Room Service: No room service.
Hotel The Neighbour’s Magnolia – Rooms
- Room Types: Standard Single • Standard Double • Triple
- Smoking Rooms: Hotel The Neighbour’s Magnolia is 100% smoke-free.
- Best Room: The double facing the back comes with its own private garden area, while one higher up has a balcony.
- For Families: There’s a spacious family room with a double bed, 2 single beds, and garden access.
Hotel The Neighbour’s Magnolia – Local Transport
- Walking: Easy walking distance to Vondelpark, the Museum Quarter, and the fashion boutiques along Cornelis Schuytstraat.
- Tram: Direct tram connections from the nearby Cornelis Schuytstraat stop to Centraal Station (20 minutes) via the historic canal ring (6 minutes) and the Medieval Center (14 minutes).
- Taxis, Uber: Taxis and Uber charge around €35 from the airport to the hotel. Within the city, Uber rides cost around half of taxi fares. It’s often quicker to walk, cycle, or jump on a tram.
Hotel The Neighbour’s Magnolia – What’s Nearby?
Nearby Restaurants and Cafes
- Brasserie de Joffers – Parisian-style brasserie with a fresh, changing menu of Dutch classics, international dishes, and delectable pastries. 2-minute walk.
- Ristorante Sardegna – Elegant Italian restaurant with homemade pasta and classic dishes on the menu, complemented by a solid list of Italian wines. 2-minute walk.
- Carter Bar & Kitchen – Contemporary French bistro. Classics with a twist, along with great cocktails and wine. 3-minute walk.
- George Bistro Bistro – Smart bistro serving gourmet burgers, rotisserie chicken, and charcoal-grilled lobster. Imaginative brunches on weekends. 6-minute walk.
- Bagels & Beans – Popular café chain. Bagels with numerous sweet and savory fillings, fair trade, and organic ingredients. Extensive range of fresh juices, herbal teas, and coffee drinks. 9-minute walk.
- Taiko Restaurant – Elegant Japanese-inspired cuisine inside Conservatorium Hotel: from sushi, sashimi, and Wagyu beef on the grill to the splurge-worthy 8-course omakase menu. Reservations essential. 10-minute walk.
- Seafood Bar – Casual seafood joint specializing in fish and chips as well as seafood platters. 11-minute walk.
- Alchemist Garden – Bright, welcoming vegan café; menu includes pesto-stuffed Portobello mushrooms, raw vegetable pies, smoothies, and juices. Gluten and glucose-free dishes available. 12-minute walk.
- Ron Gastrobar Affordable, creative one-flat-price tapas dishes by Michelin-starred chef. Relaxed gastrobar setting, excellent wine and beer selection. 12-minute walk.
- Blauw – One of the best Indonesian restaurants in the city; it’s particularly worth splurging on the rijsttafel (small dish) spread. 15-minute walk.
Nearby Bars and Breweries
- Vida – 1 of 4 branches of the popular Spanish taperia and wine bar; gets busy in the evenings. 4-minute walk.
- ‘t Blauwe Theehuis – Flying-saucer-shaped 1930’s Modernist pavilion right in the heart of Vondelpark; come here for a cocktail or coffee and cake. 6-minute walk.
- Café Welling – Old-school café-bar behind the Concertgebouw, attracting arty and literary types, and post-concert musicians. 9-minute walk.
- Taiko Bar – Imaginative gin cocktails (among others) executed with flair at this stylish bar inside the Conservatorium Hotel. 10-minute walk.
- Craft & Draft – Craft beer bar with 40 beers on tap from around the globe. 12-minute walk.
Nearby Shopping and Cool Shops
- Nikkie – Street-smart women’s fashion designed by former Dutch actress Nikkie Plessen. 1-minute walk.
- Manwood – Heels, boots, shoes, sneakers, and other stylish men’s and women’s footwear by Dutch designers and several select international labels. 1-minute walk.
- Buise – Upscale women’s wear, including sweatshirts by Paul & Joe Sister, floral prints by Black Coral, and jackets by Isabel Marant. 2-minute walk.
- VLVT – Stylish women’s wear by Dutch designers such as Anna + Nina and ByDanie; also international labels such as Pinko, Boy London, and Lola Cruz. 2-minute walk.
- Ennu – Men’s and women’s fashion from the likes of If Six Was Nine, Rick Owens, LGB, and Ann Demeulemeester. 2-minute walk.
- Arti Choc – Handmade chocolates created from the highest-quality ingredients. 6-minute walk.
- & Klevering Zuid – Hip homeware by own brand, &k Amsterdam, as well as the likes of Marimekko, HAY, and Vitra. 6-minute walk.
- Coster Diamonds – Blow your budget on diamond jewelry fit for royalty at the oldest diamond polishing facility in the world. Or book a free tour to see the diamonds being polished and cut. 13-minute walk.
Nearby Market or Grocery
Hotel The Neighbour’s Magnolia – The Hotel
All Amsterdam Hotel Reviews
- Crane Hotel Faralda
- Sir Adam Hotel
Southern Canal Ring
- American Hotel Amsterdam
- Banks Mansion
- Hotel Seven One Seven
- Mokum Suites
- Seven Bridges Hotel
- Waldorf Astoria
- Hotel Okura Amsterdam
- Sir Albert
- Breitner House
- InterContinental Amstel Amsterdam
- Lloyd Hotel
- Zoku Amsterdam
- AMS Suites (Temporarily Closed)
- Morgan & Mees
- Mr. Jordaan
Medieval Center & Red Light District
- art’otel Amsterdam
- Eric Vökel Boutique Apartments – Amsterdam Suites
- De L’Europe Amsterdam
- Hotel Estheréa
- Hotel TwentySeven
- Hotel V Nesplein
- INK Hotel Amsterdam – MGallery
- Kimpton De Witt Amsterdam
- Luxury Suites Amsterdam
- Misc Eatdrinksleep
- NH Collection Amsterdam Doelen
- NH Collection Amsterdam Grand Hotel Krasnapolsky
- Sofitel Legend The Grand Amsterdam
- W Amsterdam
Vondelpark & Museum Quarter Hotels
- The College Hotel
- Conservatorium Hotel
- Hotel De Hallen
- Hotel JL No76
- Pillows Luxury Boutique Hotel Anna Van Den Vondel Amsterdam
Western Canal Ring Hotels
- Best Hotels in Amsterdam
- Best Family Hotels in Amsterdam
- Best Boutique Hotels in Amsterdam
- Best Budget Hotels in Amsterdam
- Best Airport Hotels in Amsterdam
- Where to Stay in Amsterdam
- Amsterdam Hotel Map
- Best Time to Visit Amsterdam
- Best Amsterdam Tours & Things to Do
- Best Restaurants in Amsterdam
- Best Amsterdam Bars, Breweries, & Tasting Rooms
- Best Amsterdam Shops & Markets
- Amsterdam with Kids
- Complete Amsterdam Travel Guide