Home > Casa Del Sole Apartments Review
Updated: November 26, 2020
Casa Del Sole Apartments – Self-catering apartments, with double beach frontage.
Facing one beach (Baie des Citrons), and overlooking another (Anse Vata), with a vast empty block in front, dramatic ocean views are guaranteed from all windows. The apartments are in a high-rise, easily the tallest in the immediate area, and feature one or two bedrooms, as well as kitchens, living areas, and laundry service. They’re all spacious and well-furnished, and the balconies are extended, with access from the bedrooms and living rooms. Other benefits are the proximity to chic bistros and the secure undercover parking. The pool, on top of the carpark building, is an added bonus.
Casa del Sole Apartments – The Basics
- Location: 10 Rue de L’Aquarium. Just off the main road along Baie des Citrons, a beachside suburb of Noumea on the main island. About 4.5 km from the city center, 50 minutes from the international airport, and 15 minutes from the domestic airport.
- Guests: Caters well for families, although many guests seem to be business people on longer stays.
- Beach: Faces 2 beaches: Baie des Citrons and Anse Vata. The latter is quieter and more scenic.
- Views: Outstanding views from all apartments, although those facing the Baie des Citrons are better because the building is closer to that beach.
- WiFi: Available free for all guests throughout the building.
- Parking: Undercover, free, and secure in a separate 2-level building.
- How to Book: Booking.com will have the best rates.
- Phone: (687) 258 700
- Email: [email protected]
- Website: casadelsole.nc
Casa del Sole Apartments – Amenities
- Pool: Rooftop, with no shade and few sunloungers.
- Spa & Fitness Center: None.
- Private Pools/Jacuzzis: None.
Casa del Sole Apartments – Food and Drink
- Restaurant & Bar: The Parisienne-style Casa del Sole bistro serves breakfast and coffee. With outdoor tables alongside the lobby, it’s also a convenience store selling basic supplies.
- Breakfast: Not provided because all apartments have kitchens, so guests can self-cater.
- Room Service: Not provided.
Casa del Sole Apartments – Rooms
- Room Types: Apartment with 1 or 2 bedrooms • Shared Room (i.e. dormitories) for groups of up to 16
- Smoking Rooms: No smoking anywhere in the rooms, but allowed on the balconies.
- Best Room: Apartments are fairly similar inside, with 1 or 2 bedrooms. The best are those higher up, offering optimal sea views, especially in the corner facing both bays.
Casa del Sole Apartments – What’s Nearby?
Best Nearby Restaurants & Bars
Within 200m north along the esplanade is a row of classy cafés and bars including:
- Il Fornaio – Refined Italian-style bistro for pizzas, calzones, and French food. Also popular for risottos, salads, bruschetta, and coffee. Big serves and bigger smiles.
- Le Duke’s – American-style diner with a 50’s theme and a pink Cadillac. Nothing much but burgers.
- La Barca – Relaxed bistro during the day, pizza and tapas bar after dark, and ritzy nightclub later. Agreeable Latin American feel.
- L’Agora – Outdoor and undercover seats a little further back from the noisy road. For haute cuisine, with an extended menu and peerless service.
- Les 3 Brasseurs – Likable pub with a brewery on-site and happy hours. Also stay for BBQ ribs, tapas, and pizzas. Takeaways, live music, children’s menus, and upstairs sea views.
Nearby Market or Grocery
- A convenience store on the ground floor sells basic supplies, and several others are along the esplanade in Baie des Citrons.
- Public buses head north up the esplanade along Baie des Citrons to the city center and down to Ansa Vata beach.
Casa del Sole Apartments – The Hotel
All New Caledonia Hotel Reviews
- Best Hotels in New Caledonia
- Best Hotels for Families in New Caledonia
- Where to Stay in New Caledonia
- Best Time to Visit New Caledonia
- Best Hotels in Bora Bora
- Best Hotels for Families in Bora Bora
- Where to Stay in Bora Bora
- Best Time to Visit Bora Bora
- Fiji Travel Guide
- Best Hotels in Fiji
- Best Hotel for Families in Fiji
- Tahiti Travel Guide
- Best Hotels in Tahiti
- Best Hotels for Families in Tahiti
- Best Hotels in Tonga
- Best Hotels for Families in Tonga
- Best Hotels in Vanuatu
- Best Hotels for Families in Vanuatu