Les Cases de Plum – Charming bungalows in a rural neighborhood along the coast.
A popular alternative to the resorts of Noumea are the low-key lodges and campsites along the inner southern coasts. Most, however, are not accessible without private transport, but Les Cases de Plum is on the bus route from the capital. The four bungalows are delightful: chock-a-block with tasteful old-style furnishings and modern extras like TV and air-conditioning. Two are detached and with kitchens; the others, semi-detached, without a kitchen, but with more space for extra beds. There isn’t a lot to do here, but that’s half the attraction. The beach over the road is grey and rocky – nice for walking but not swimming. With a car, guests can day-trip to numerous national parks and beaches – ask the effusive hostess (although she doesn’t speak much English). There’s also a small pool. Meals can be pre-ordered or guests can cook in their own kitchens or use the communal facilities.
Les Cases de Plum – The Basics
- Location: On the Route de Sud, about 6 km from Plum village and 34 km from Noumea. Also about 66 km from the international airport and 30 km from the domestic airport.
- Guests: All catered for, but appeals more to older guests who want to relax, especially those with their own transport.
- Beach: The beach across the road from the gate is dirty and grey, and no use for swimming, but views across the bay are pretty. Far nicer is the public beach only about 2.5 km away and accessible by bus.
- Views: All bungalows face the gardens.
- WiFi: Included for all guests, although a little hit-and-miss in this fairly remote area.
- Parking: Can park in the front of each bungalow.
- How to Book: Booking.com will have the best rates.
- Phone: (687) 438 307
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: lescasesdeplum.com
Les Cases de Plum – Amenities
- Pool: Surprisingly, there is a small, pleasant pool in the garden.
- Spa & Fitness Center: Not expected or provided at this sort of low-key collection of bungalows.
- Private Pools/Jacuzzis: Not expected or provided.
Les Cases de Plum – Food and Drink
- Restaurant & Bar: Guests can use their own kitchens or the communal facilities, or pre-order meals when booking, which are cooked by the hostess. Soft drinks, beer, and wine is available for purchase.
- Breakfast: Can be included in the special rate with 3 meals, or paid for separately. But breakfast is costly if bought separately and not part of the package that includes 3 meals.
- Room Service: None. Guests can eat on the patio of their bungalow or at the main table alongside the communal kitchen.
Les Cases de Plum – Rooms
- Room Types: 2 detached bungalows with a kitchen. 2 semi-detached bungalows without a kitchen, but with double bunk beds as well as a double bed.
- Smoking Rooms: Frowned upon inside the rooms, but OK on the patios and in public areas.
- Best Room: Quietest is the single detached bungalow near the pool, rather than the 1 up the path and next to the other 2.
Les Cases de Plum – What’s Nearby?
Best Nearby Restaurants & Bars
- There is nothing within walking distance, so pre-arrange meals when booking or order the day before. Otherwise, self-cater, or spend a lot of time waiting for buses to the village where a few restaurants are strung along the main road about 4-6 km away.
Nearby Market or Grocery
- Nothing within walking distance and the bus doesn’t seem to stop at any village shops, so come prepared.
- Catch Bus D marked ‘Plum’ from the terminal opposite the Bingo Hall, along Rue Jules Ferry in central Noumea. Get off at the final stop with the sign ‘Béatitudes’. The lodge is about 200m further back up the road.
Les Cases de Plum – The Hotel
All New Caledonia Hotel Reviews
- Best Hotels in New Caledonia
- Best Hotels for Families in New Caledonia
- Where to Stay in New Caledonia
- Best Time to Visit New Caledonia
- Best Hotels in Bora Bora
- Best Hotels for Families in Bora Bora
- Where to Stay in Bora Bora
- Best Time to Visit Bora Bora
- Fiji Travel Guide
- Best Hotels in Fiji
- Best Hotel for Families in Fiji
- Tahiti Travel Guide
- Best Hotels in Tahiti
- Best Hotels for Families in Tahiti
- Best Hotels in Tonga
- Best Hotels for Families in Tonga
- Best Hotels in Vanuatu
- Best Hotels for Families in Vanuatu