Hilton Noumea La Promenade Residences – Finest position in Noumea, close to the sea.
The design is simple, with three elongated curved blocks and minimalist décor. The overwhelming advantages of staying here are two-fold: the wonderful position, facing a large park on a prime corner just meters from the sea, and a dozen cafés, the tourist office, and bus stop to the city all very close by. And of course, the views: all studios and apartments (with one or more bedrooms) feature extended balconies, but views are distant and often blocked by trees. It resembles a French Riviera resort, and there is a pool as well.
Hilton Noumea La Promenade Residences – The Basics
- Location: Faces Promenade Roger Laroque, although the entrance is on a side street, Rue de Boulari. In Anse Vata, a beachside suburb of Noumea on the main island. About 4 km from the city center, 45 minutes from the international airport, and 15 minutes from the domestic airport.
- Guests: Caters well for all: from business people to families on holidays.
- Beach: The beach across the road is narrow, a bit rocky and alongside the noisy esplanade, but decent enough. A quieter and cleaner stretch of public beach is in front of Le Méridien, about 1 km south along the coastline.
- Views: Almost all accommodations face the sea, but views are significantly affected by the distance (often over 100m) and tall trees. Those from the higher floors are probably better.
- WiFi: A reasonable amount of data is offered free per room per day.
- Parking: Free and secure at the on-site parking lot.
- How to Book: Booking.com will have the best rates.
- Phone: (687) 244 600
- Email: [email protected]
- Website: hilton.com
Hilton Noumea La Promenade Residences – Amenities
- Pool: As the pool is also used by the gym (which is open to the public) for aqua aerobics, it will often be crowded. But views across the park and to the sea are fabulous.
- Spa: Nothing on-site, but a couple of places offer the usual treatments in the arcade under the hotel.
- Fitness Center: Separate well-equipped gyms for males and females (called the Women’s Wellbeing Centre). Both are available to the public.
- Private Pools/Jacuzzis: Not expected in a high-rise block of apartments.
Hilton Noumea La Promenade Residences – Food and Drink
- Restaurant: On the first floor of the Hilton, La Terrasse provides a pleasant tropical setting alongside the pool. It offers chic French cuisine, with daily specials and buffet breakfasts.
- Breakfast: Usually not included, but depends how guests have booked. Special weekend packages often include a buffet breakfast.
- Room Service: Available 24 hours.
Hilton Noumea La Promenade Residences – Rooms
- Room Types: Deluxe Apartment (with 1, 2, or 3 bedrooms) • King One Bedroom Apartment • King Studio with Ocean View • Standard Apartment (with 2 or 3 bedrooms)
- Smoking Rooms: No smoking allowed in the rooms, but OK on the balconies.
- Best Room: Although smaller than the apartments, the King Studios are still spacious and offer the finest possible views. They also feature fully-equipped kitchens, extended balconies, and dining tables.
- For families: All apartments come with great kitchens and upto 3 bedrooms. These also have sofas that can convert to double beds.
Hilton Noumea La Promenade Residences – What’s Nearby?
Best Nearby Restaurants & Bars
The hotel complex is above the Galeria Hilton, an extended curved arcade packed with wonderful places to eat, including:
- L’Etrave – Bright corner setting with tables inside and out. For exotic cocktails, coffee, tapas, and salads. Sometimes live music on weekends.
- Le Surya – Authentic Indian with fascinating décor. More affordable than rivals, with set-priced meals and shared platters.
- Tipico Latino – Authentic Mexican fare and absorbing décor. From nachos to enchiladas and everything in between. Popular for shared platters.
- Pizza & Pasta – Also great for salads, wraps, and risottos. Raised terrace for bay views, with children’s menu, daily specials, and takeaways.
- Malongo Café Store – Very popular hangout, especially at breakfast. Also, sells beans and other paraphernalia related to the French love for coffee.
Nearby Market or Grocery
- A couple of well-stocked minimarts are along the main access road to the beach, just up from the Hôtel Le Lagon.
- Buses 10, 11, and 70 stop outside the neighboring Nouvata Hotel and head regularly to the city center – often via the neighboring Baie des Citrons beach.
Hilton Noumea La Promenade Residences – The Hotel
All New Caledonia Hotel Reviews
- Best Hotels in New Caledonia
- Best Hotels for Families in New Caledonia
- Where to Stay in New Caledonia
- Best Time to Visit New Caledonia
- Best Hotels in Bora Bora
- Best Hotels for Families in Bora Bora
- Where to Stay in Bora Bora
- Best Time to Visit Bora Bora
- Fiji Travel Guide
- Best Hotels in Fiji
- Best Hotel for Families in Fiji
- Tahiti Travel Guide
- Best Hotels in Tahiti
- Best Hotels for Families in Tahiti
- Best Hotels in Tonga
- Best Hotels for Families in Tonga
- Best Hotels in Vanuatu
- Best Hotels for Families in Vanuatu