Hotel Beaurivage – Unfussy and mid-range in a prime location.
At the northern end of the Baie des Citrons cove, the Beaurivage is simple but refined with a motel-style ambience. Half the rooms face the sea, but views from the first floor are blocked by signage and those on the second floor have no balcony, so ask for something on the third (top) floor. The remaining rooms overlook the less scenic but quieter backstreets, and traffic noise from the esplanade in front doesn’t creep inside the hotel. All rooms are spacious, including the lowest category Standard Rooms. Two bonuses of staying here are frequent buses to the city center from outside and the number of stylish eateries nearby.
Hotel Beaurivage – The Basics
- Location: 7 Promenade Roger Laroque, at the top of the esplanade along Baie des Citrons, a beachside suburb of Noumea on the main island. Only 4 km from the city center, 45 minutes from the international airport, and 15 minutes from the domestic airport.
- Guests: Doesn’t really cater for families. Seems to focus on business people and couples looking for a mid-range option.
- Beach: Faces a fairly decent beach just across the road. Noisy from traffic, but there is white sand and calm water.
- Views: Half the rooms face the sea but not all have direct ocean views. The other half faces the quiet backstreets.
- WiFi: Available for free throughout the hotel.
- Parking: Very little off-street parking available in this prime location.
- How to Book: Booking.com will have the best rates.
- Phone: (687) 262 055
- Email: [email protected]
- Website: beaurivage.nc
Hotel Beaurivage – Amenities
- Pool, Spa, & Fitness Center: Not expected or provided in this sort of mid-range hotel.
- Private Pools/Jacuzzis: Not expected or provided.
Hotel Beaurivage – Food and Drink
- Restaurant & Bar: Indoors at street-level is the inviting Nathalie’s Bar/Café offering local cuisine and the usual burgers, wraps, and salads. Also, substantial buffet breakfast, pasta, and takeaways available.
- Breakfast: Buffet breakfast is often included, depending on how the room is booked.
- Room Service: Not available as the ownership of the bar/café is separate to the hotel.
Hotel Beaurivage – Rooms
- Room Types: Standard Room • Lagoon View Room • Deluxe Lagoon View Room
- Smoking Rooms: Smoking is not allowed anywhere in or near the rooms or public areas, so best to go out to the street.
- Best Room: The Deluxe Lagoon View Rooms are the most spacious, and on the top (third) floor. They feature balconies with views of the sea across the esplanade.
Hotel Beaurivage – What’s Nearby?
Best Nearby Restaurants & Bars
- The Beach House – Next door to the hotel for pizza, coffee, salads, tapas, and elegant live music.
- MV Lounge – Right on the beach about 100m up the road. Funky, with beanbags on the sand, classy food, cocktails, and dance music until late on weekends.
A 3-minute stroll south down the esplanade is a cluster of pleasant street-side eateries and bars including:
- Wok & Grill – Asian fusion, with likeable décor and wooden seats. All sorts of stir-fries and an extended dessert menu.
- Oncle Hô – Authentic Vietnamese, complete with rickshaw among the tables. Also, for cocktails, interesting desserts, seafood and coffee.
- Il Fornaio – Refined Italian-style bistro for pizza and French food. Popular for risottos, salads, bruschetta, and coffee. Big serves and bigger smiles.
Nearby Market or Grocery
- A few convenience stores are along the esplanade within walking distance.
- The hotel is conveniently along the public bus route linking Baie des Citrons with the city center and the neighboring beach at Anse Vata.
Hotel Beaurivage – The Hotel
All New Caledonia Hotel Reviews
- Casa del Sole Apartments
- Chateau Royal Beach Resort & Spa
- Hilton Noumea La Promenade Residences
- Hôtel du Centre
- Hotel Gondwana
- Hôtel Le Lagon
- Hôtel Le Paris
- L’Escapade Îlot Maître
- Le Méridien Nouméa Resort & Spa
- Les Cases de Plum
- Marina Beach Residence
- Ramada Hotel & Suites by Wyndham Noumea
- Best Hotels in New Caledonia
- Best Hotels for Families in New Caledonia
- Where to Stay in New Caledonia
- Best Time to Visit New Caledonia
- Best Hotels in Bora Bora
- Best Hotels for Families in Bora Bora
- Where to Stay in Bora Bora
- Best Time to Visit Bora Bora
- Fiji Travel Guide
- Best Hotels in Fiji
- Best Hotel for Families in Fiji
- Tahiti Travel Guide
- Best Hotels in Tahiti
- Best Hotels for Families in Tahiti
- Best Hotels in Tonga
- Best Hotels for Families in Tonga
- Best Hotels in Vanuatu
- Best Hotels for Families in Vanuatu