Updated: July 30, 2018
Hotel Beaurivage – Unfussy, mid-range in prime location, but a little dated.
At the northern end of the Baie des Citrons cove, the Beaurivage is simple but refined, with a motel-style ambience. Half the rooms face the sea, but views from the first floor are blocked by signage and those on the second floor, inexplicably, have no balcony, so ask for something on the third (top) floor. The remaining rooms overlook the less scenic but quieter backstreets, but traffic noise from the esplanade in front doesn’t creep inside the hotel. Although the bed in the standard rooms seems squeezed into a corner, the rest of the room is quite spacious. The hotel does need some updating, but 2 bonuses are frequent buses to the city centre from outside and the number of stylish eateries nearby.
Hotel Beaurivage – The Basics
- Location: 7 Promenade Roger Laroque, at the top of the esplanade along Baie des Citrons, a beachside suburb of Noumea on the main island. Only 4km from the city centre; 45 minutes from the international airport; and 15 minutes from the domestic airport.
- Guests: Doesn’t really cater for families. Seems to focus on business people and couples looking for a mid-range option.
- Beach: Faces a fairly decent beach just across the road. Noisy from traffic, but there are white sands and calm waters.
- Views: Half the rooms face the sea, but not all have direct ocean views. The other half faces the quiet backstreets.
- Wi-Fi Internet: Available for free throughout the hotel.
- Parking: Very little off-street parking available in this prime location.
- Phone: (687) 24 24 77
- Email: [email protected]
- Website: http://www.grands-hotels.nc/en/beaurivage
- How to Book: Booking.com will have the best rates. Use the website specific to your language, currency, and home-country for easiest use: UK • USA • Français • Deutsch • Nederlands.
Hotel Beaurivage – Amenities
- Pool, Spa & Fitness Center: Not expected or provided in this sort of mid-range hotel.
- Private Pools/Jacuzzis: Not expected or provided.
Hotel Beaurivage – Food and Drink
- Restaurant & Bar: Indoors at street-level is the inviting Nathalie’s Bar/Café (26 20 55) offering local cuisine and the usual burgers, wraps and salads. Also, substantial buffet breakfast, pasta and takeaways available.
- Breakfast: Buffet breakfast is often included, but this depends on how the room is booked, so check.
- Room Service: Not available as the ownership of the bar/café is separate to the hotel.
Hotel Beaurivage – Rooms
- Room Types: Standard Rooms • Lagoon View Rooms • Deluxe Lagoon View Rooms. Also, 1 room is accessible by wheelchair.
- Smoking Rooms: Smoking is not allowed anywhere in or near the rooms or public areas, so best to go out to the street.
- Best Room: The Deluxe Lagoon View Rooms are the most spacious, and on the top (third) floor they feature a balcony with vistas of the sea across the esplanade.
Hotel Beaurivage – What’s Nearby?
Restaurants & Bars
- La Fiesta (26 21 33) – next door to the hotel for pizza, coffee, salads, tapas and elegant live music. 1-minute walk.
- MV Lounge (27 46 46) – right on the beach about 100m up the road. Funky, with beanbags on the sand, classy food, cocktails and doof-doof music until late on weekends. 1-minute walk.
A 3-minute stroll south down the esplanade is a cluster of pleasant street-side eateries and bars including:
- Wok & Grill (26 47 23) – Asian fusion, with likeable décor and wooden seats. All sorts of stir-fries, and an extended dessert menu. 3-minute walk.
- Oncle Hô (24 06 62) – authentic Vietnamese, complete with rickshaw among the tables. Also, for cocktails, interesting desserts, seafood and coffee. 3-minute walk.
- Il Fornaio (24 85 86) – refined Italian-style bistro for pizza and French food. Popular for risottos, salads, bruschetta and coffee. Big serves and bigger smiles. 5-minute walk.
- Market or Grocery: A few convenience stores are along the esplanade within walking distance.
The hotel is conveniently along the public bus route linking Baie des Citrons with the city centre and the neighbouring beach at Anse Vata.
Hotel Beaurivage – The Hotel
- Best Hotels in New Caledonia
- Best Family Hotels in New Caledonia
- Casa del Sole – Review
- Chateau Royal Beach Resort & Spa – Review
- Gondwana Hotel – Review
- Hilton Noumea La Promenade Residences – Review
- Hôtel du Centre – Review
- Hôtel New Caledonia – Review
- Hôtel Le Lagon – Review
- Le Méridien Noumea Resort & Spa – Review
- Hôtel Le Paris – Review
- Les Cases de Plum – Review
- L’Escapade Island Resort – Review
- Marina Beach Residence – Review
- Nouvata Hotel – Review
- Ramada Hotel & Suites – Review