Hôtel du Centre – Modern, spacious, and comfortable hotel.
In the midst of the light industrial area of Ducos, the hotel isn’t central, but serves three purposes. It’s good for anyone doing business in the immediate area, for those with private transport wanting to avoid the hassle and cost of driving/parking in the city center or beachside suburbs, and for travelers seeking somewhere a little closer to either airport. The location is full of factories and showrooms, although just outside the hotel is a great collection of cafés and bars as inviting as anything in downtown. All rooms are reasonably large and feature kitchenettes and very effective double-glazing.
Hôtel du Centre – The Basics
- Location: 30 Route de la Baie des Dames, in Ducos, a suburb of Noumea on the main island. About 12 minutes by car/taxi from downtown, and another 5 minutes from the beaches. Also, about 43 km from the international airport and only 5 km from the domestic airport.
- Guests: Caters overwhelmingly to business people.
- Beach: The nearest is at Baie des Citrons, 15-20 minutes by taxi.
- Views: Of nearby buildings and streets.
- WiFi: Free and unlimited for all guests. Befitting a business hotel, the WiFi is excellent and an attraction in itself.
- Parking: A bonus is the ample supply of free and secure off-street parking.
- How to Book: Booking.com will have the best rates.
- Phone: (687) 230 700
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: hotelducentre.nc
Hôtel du Centre – Amenities
- Pool: Not really expected or provided in this sort of mid-range business hotel.
- Spa & Fitness Center: None.
- Private Pools/Jacuzzis: Not expected or provided.
Hôtel du Centre – Food and Drink
- Restaurants & Bars: Restaurant Les Jardins – Casual, bright-green, and cheery, on the ground floor. Grills, salads, homemade desserts, and takeaways. Lunch only. • Restaurant La Pergola – On the rooftop. Stylish, with awesome views, all-day dining, tapas, and attached bar, but high prices. Apparently, the only ‘roof-terrace bar’ in the country.
- Breakfast: Not included in the rates as all rooms have kitchens.
- Room Service: Not available.
Hôtel du Centre – Rooms
- Room Types: Classic Deluxe Room • Deluxe Premium Room • Business Suite • Family Suite • Red Room (1 only)
- Smoking Rooms: Not permitted in the rooms or public areas.
- Best Room: The Red Room is, well, red and certainly unique. Clearly designed for romantic getaways with a king-sized bed, ceiling mirrors, and padded walls, as well as full-length windows leading to a terrace.
Hôtel du Centre – What’s Nearby?
Best Nearby Restaurants & Bars
Plenty of choice among the cluster of cafés and bars within 100m of the hotel entrance:
- La Pause – Casual but stylish Viet-French, with outside seating, English menu, and friendly staff.
- Blooms – Popular for burgers, bagels, and salads, but lunch only. Takeaways available.
- Délice Buffet – Open evenings (unlike most others nearby). Corner setting for Asian food. Specials and buffets available.
- Otherwise, there’s a Burger King at the main intersection, 300m away. And Snack O’Sesame, along Route de la Baie des Dames, is affordable for baguettes and omelettes. Open early for workers, but closed for dinner.
Nearby Market or Grocery
- A couple of minimarts are in the area about 100m from the hotel entrance.
- Complex bus routes link the main road outside the hotel with the city center. Ask reception for details, or organize a metered taxi.
Hôtel du Centre – The Hotel
All New Caledonia Hotel Reviews
- Casa del Sole Apartments
- Chateau Royal Beach Resort & Spa
- Hilton Noumea La Promenade Residences
- Hotel Beaurivage
- Hotel Gondwana
- Hôtel Le Lagon
- Hôtel Le Paris
- L’Escapade Îlot Maître
- Le Méridien Nouméa Resort & Spa
- Les Cases de Plum
- Marina Beach Residence
- Ramada Hotel & Suites by Wyndham Noumea
- Best Hotels in New Caledonia
- Best Hotels for Families in New Caledonia
- Where to Stay in New Caledonia
- Best Time to Visit New Caledonia
- Best Hotels in Bora Bora
- Best Hotels for Families in Bora Bora
- Where to Stay in Bora Bora
- Best Time to Visit Bora Bora
- Fiji Travel Guide
- Best Hotels in Fiji
- Best Hotel for Families in Fiji
- Tahiti Travel Guide
- Best Hotels in Tahiti
- Best Hotels for Families in Tahiti
- Best Hotels in Tonga
- Best Hotels for Families in Tonga
- Best Hotels in Vanuatu
- Best Hotels for Families in Vanuatu