Updated: August 1, 2018
Hôtel du Centre – Modern, spacious and comfortable, but not central.
In the midst of the light industrial area of Ducos, the hotel isn’t that central at all, but serves 3 purposes. It’s good for anyone doing business in the immediate area; for those with private transport wanting to avoid the hassle and cost of driving/parking in the city centre or beachside suburbs; and for travellers seeking somewhere a little closer to either airport. Otherwise, the location is unexciting – full of factories and showrooms – although just outside the hotel is a surprising collection of cafés and bars as inviting as anything in downtown. All rooms are reasonably large and feature a kitchenette and very effective double-glazing.
Hôtel du Centre – The Basics
- Location: 30 Route de la Baie des Dames, in Ducos, a suburb of Noumea on the main island. About 12 minutes by car/taxi from downtown, and another 5 minutes from the beaches. Also, about 43km from the international airport and only 5km from the domestic airport.
- Guests: Caters overwhelmingly for business people.
- Beach: The nearest is at Baie des Citrons, 15-20 minutes by taxi.
- Views: Of nearby buildings and streets.
- Wi-Fi Internet: Free and unlimited for all guests. Befitting a business hotel, the Wi-Fi is excellent and an attraction in itself.
- Parking: A bonus is the ample supply of free and secure off-street parking.
- Phone: (687) 23 07 00
- Email: [email protected]
- Website: https://hotelducentre.nc/fr/
- How to Book: Booking.com will have the best rates. Use the website specific to your language, currency, and home-country for easiest use: UK • USA • Français • Deutsch • Nederlands.
Hôtel du Centre – Amenities
- Pool: Not really expected or provided in this sort of mid-range business hotel.
- Spa & Fitness Center: None.
- Private Pools/Jacuzzis: Not expected or provided.
Hôtel du Centre – Food and Drink
- Restaurants & Bars: Restaurant Les Jardins (23 07 08) – casual, bright-green and cheery, on the ground floor. Grills, salads, homemade desserts and takeaways. Lunch only. • Restaurant La Pergola (23 07 07) – on the rooftop. Stylish, with awesome views, all-day dining and tapas, but high prices. Apparently, the only ‘roof-terrace bar’ in the country.
- Breakfast: Not included in the rates, as all rooms have kitchens.
- Room Service: Not available.
Hôtel du Centre – Rooms
- Room Types: Classic Deluxe Rooms • Deluxe Premium Rooms • Business Suites • Family Suites • Red Room (1 only)
- Smoking Rooms: Not permitted in the rooms or public areas.
- Best Room: The Red Room is, well, red and certainly unique. Clearly designed for romantic getaways, with a king-sized bed, ceiling mirrors and padded walls, as well as full-length windows leading to a terrace.
Hôtel du Centre – What’s Nearby?
Restaurants & Bars
Plenty of choice among the cluster of cafés and bars within 100m of the hotel entrance:
- La Pause – casual but stylish Viet-French, with outside seating, English menu and friendly staff.
- Blooms (47 57 47) – popular for burgers, bagels and salads, but lunch only. Takeaways available. 4-minute walk.
- Délice Buffet (24 77 77) – open evenings (unlike most others nearby). Corner setting for Asian food. Specials and buffets available.
- Otherwise, there’s a Burger King at the main intersection, 300m away. And Snack O’Sesame, along Route de la Baie des Dames, is affordable for baguettes and omelettes. Open early for workers, but closed for dinner.
- Market or Grocery: A couple of minimarts are in the area of cafés about 100m from the hotel entrance.
Complex bus routes link the main road outside the hotel with the city centre. Ask reception for details, or organise a metered taxi.
Hôtel du Centre – The Hotel
- Best Hotels in New Caledonia
- Best Family Hotels in New Caledonia
- Hotel Beaurivage – Review
- Casa del Sole – Review
- Chateau Royal Beach Resort & Spa – Review
- Gondwana Hotel – Review
- Hilton Noumea La Promenade Residences – Review
- Hôtel New Caledonia – Review
- Hôtel Le Lagon – Review
- Le Méridien Noumea Resort & Spa – Review
- Hôtel Le Paris – Review
- Les Cases de Plum – Review
- L’Escapade Island Resort – Review
- Marina Beach Residence – Review
- Nouvata Hotel – Review
- Ramada Hotel & Suites – Review