Home > Nouvata Review
Updated: November 30, 2020
Nouvata – Three hotels, nine types of rooms, one superb location.
This trio of hotels offers two, three, and four-star accommodations in a large area in the nicest part of Noumea’s beachside suburb. The budget block is separate, with rooms facing the road, but they are the best value in an upmarket area. The mid-range options are in Le Pacifique, two blocks of identical rooms with awesome views. Top of the range is the Hotel du Parc, where Premium Rooms have panache, as well as kitchenettes, extra single beds, and extended balconies offering fabulous views. In addition to the resort-style pool among palms, the general amenities are excellent and the location perfect: just behind a row of cafés, the tourist office, and bus stop for the city center.
Nouvata – The Basics
- Location: 123 Promenade Roger Laroque in Anse Vata, a beachside suburb of Noumea on the main island. About 5 km from the city center, 50 minutes from the international airport, and 15 minutes from the domestic airport.
- Guests: With 3 hotels of different standards, it caters to absolutely everyone from overnight backpackers to families on longer stays.
- Beach: The beach right across the road is narrow, a bit rocky, and alongside the esplanade, but decent enough. A quieter and cleaner stretch of public beach is in front of Le Méridien, about 800m south via the coast (and not the road).
- Views: Ironically, some of the finest views are from the block of budget rooms facing the bay across the busy road. More expensive rooms on the higher floors provide broad views of the sea and streets, but they may be partially obstructed by the budget block.
- WiFi: A small amount of data is provided free per day per room.
- Parking: Enough free and secure parking at the back, away from the main road.
- How to Book: Booking.com will have the best rates.
- Phone: (687) 262 200
- Email: [email protected]
- Website: nouvata.nc
Nouvata – Amenities
- Pool: The lovely pool is a decent size and surrounded by palms. Also, a small sheltered splash area for toddlers.
- Spa: A basic salon provides the usual hairdressing, beauty treatments, and massages.
- Fitness Center: Surprisingly, there isn’t one.
- Private Pools/Jacuzzis: Not expected or provided in rooms at this sort of high-rise hotel complex, but a large jacuzzi is near the pool and surrounded by palms.
Nouvata – Food and Drink
- Restaurants & Bars: L’équilibre – Likable brash décor. Serves breakfast (including to the public), as well as buffets for lunch and dinner, sometimes with traditional entertainment. • Code Bar – Faces the road and water. Tropical-style with wooden decking. All-day tapas and snacks, with live music on weekends; even salsa dancing some nights.
- Breakfast: Included in some rates, depending on the booking. The substantial buffet breakfast is certainly worth paying for.
- Room Service: Available from about 7am to 10pm.
Nouvata – Rooms
- Room Types: Budget Room • Budget+ Room • Basic Room • Standard Room • Standard+ Room • Comfort Room • Comfort+ Room • Premium Room • Premium+ Room
- Smoking Rooms: No smoking allowed in the rooms and restaurant/bar, but permitted anywhere else on the hotel grounds.
- Best Room: Of the 9 types of rooms across 3 hotels, the best are the spacious Premium+ Rooms. They feature unusual circular baths and floor-to-ceiling windows leading to lengthy balconies which offer broad views of the sea and streets.
Nouvata – What’s Nearby?
Best Nearby Restaurants & Bars
One attraction of staying at the Nouvata is the number of inviting cafés within a 2-minute walk in either direction along the esplanade from the hotel entrance, including:
- Hanoi Plage – Quaint, colorful, and chic, for Vietnamese cuisine and DIY grills on the table. Indoors and street-side setting.
- Le Faré du Palm Beach – Cheery and perfect for people-watching. Big breakfasts, fresh salads, homemade burgers, waffles, and ice cream.
- Le Bilboquet Plage – Upstairs at the back of the Galerie Palm Beach shops. Long-established, vast menu, reasonable prices, and family-friendly. Great for trying traditional food such as Bougna Chicken.
- Pizza & Pasta – Also salads, wraps, and risottos. Raised terrace for water views. Children’s menu, daily specials, and takeaways.
- La Bodega del Mar – Shares the same pier as Le Roof, but more affordable for tapas, pizza, cocktails, and live music.
- Le Roof – Extraordinary setting on a pier above the water. Sumptuous décor and expensive seafood. Intimate and romantic. Sunsets guaranteed; sometimes dolphins below.
Ramada Hotel & Suites by Wyndham Noumea – What’s Nearby?
Best Nearby Restaurants & Bars
- Two well-stocked minimarts are about 600m along the main road into Anse Vata, just up from the Hôtel Le Lagon.
- Right outside the entrance to the Nouvata is a bus stop for services 10, 11, and 70 to the city center – some via the neighboring beach at Baie des Citrons.
Nouvata – The Hotel
All New Caledonia Hotel Reviews
- Casa del Sole Apartments
- Chateau Royal Beach Resort & Spa
- Hilton Noumea La Promenade Residences
- Hotel Beaurivage
- Hôtel du Centre
- Hotel Gondwana
- Hôtel Le Lagon
- Hôtel Le Paris
- L’Escapade Îlot Maître
- Le Méridien Nouméa Resort & Spa
- Les Cases de Plum
- Marina Beach Residence
- Ramada Hotel & Suites by Wyndham Noumea
- Best Hotels in New Caledonia
- Best Hotels for Families in New Caledonia
- Where to Stay in New Caledonia
- Best Time to Visit New Caledonia
- Best Hotels in Bora Bora
- Best Hotels for Families in Bora Bora
- Where to Stay in Bora Bora
- Best Time to Visit Bora Bora
- Fiji Travel Guide
- Best Hotels in Fiji
- Best Hotel for Families in Fiji
- Tahiti Travel Guide
- Best Hotels in Tahiti
- Best Hotels for Families in Tahiti
- Best Hotels in Tonga
- Best Hotels for Families in Tonga
- Best Hotels in Vanuatu
- Best Hotels for Families in Vanuatu