Updated: August 6, 2018
Nouvata – 3 hotels, 9 types of rooms, 1 superb location.
This trio of hotels offers 2-, 3- and 4-star accommodation in a vast area among the nicest part of Noumea’s beachside suburb. The budget block is separate, with rooms facing the noisy road, but they are the best value in an upmarket area. The midrange options are in Le Pacifique, 2 blocks of identically plain rooms, where some paint and attention could improve them dramatically – but the views are still awesome. Top of the range is the Hotel du Parc, where Premium Rooms have panache, as well as a kitchenette, extra single bed and extended balcony offering fabulous panoramas. In addition to the resort-style pool among palms, the general amenities are excellent and the location perfect: just behind a row of cafés, the tourist office, and bus stop for the city centre.
Nouvata – The Basics
- Location: 123 Promenade Roger Laroque in Anse Vata, a beachside suburb of Noumea, on the main island. About 5km from the city centre; 50 minutes from the international airport; and 15 minutes from the domestic airport.
- Guests: With 3 hotels of different standards, it caters for absolutely everyone from overnight backpackers to families on longer stays.
- Beach: The beach right across the road is narrow, a bit rocky and alongside the noisy esplanade, but decent enough. A quieter and cleaner stretch of public beach is in front of Le Méridien, about 800m south via the coast (and not the road).
- Views: Ironically, some of the finest views are from the block of budget rooms facing the bay across the busy road. More expensive rooms on the higher floors provide broad views of the sea and streets, but they may be partially obstructed by the budget block.
- Wi-Fi Internet: A small amount of data is provided free per day per room.
- Parking: Enough free and secure parking at the back, away from the main road.
- Phone: (687) 26 22 00
- Email: [email protected]
- Website: https://www.nouvata.nc/
- How to Book: Booking.com will have the best rates. Use the website specific to your language, currency, and home-country for easiest use: UK • USA • Français • Deutsch • Nederlands.
Nouvata – Amenities
- Pool: The lovely pool is a decent size and surrounded by palms. Also, a small sheltered splash area for toddlers.
- Spa: A basic salon onsite provides the usual hairdressing, beauty treatments and massages.
- Fitness Center: Surprisingly, there isn’t one.
- Private Pools/Jacuzzis: Not expected or provided in rooms at this sort of high-rise hotel complex, but a sizeable Jacuzzi is near the pool and surrounded by palms.
Nouvata – Food and Drink
- Restaurants & Bars: L’équilibre (26 05 53) – likeable brash décor. Serves breakfast (including to the public), as well as buffets for lunch and dinner, sometimes with traditional entertainment • Code Bar – faces the road and water. Tropical-style with wooden decking. All-day tapas and snacks, with live music on weekends; even salsa dancing some nights.
- Breakfast: Included in some rates, depending on the booking. The substantial buffet breakfast is certainly worth paying for.
- Room Service: Available from about 7am to 10pm.
Nouvata – Rooms
- Room Types: Budget Rooms • Budget+ Rooms • Basic Rooms • Standard Rooms • Standard+ Rooms • Comfort Rooms • Comfort+ Rooms • Premium Rooms • Premium+ Rooms
- Smoking Rooms: No smoking allowed in the rooms and restaurant/bar, but permitted anywhere else on the hotel grounds.
- Best Room: Of the 9 types of rooms across 3 hotels, the best are the spacious Premium+ Rooms. They feature an unusual circular bath and floor-to-ceiling windows leading to a lengthy balcony providing broad views of the sea and streets.
Nouvata – What’s Nearby?
Restaurants & Bars
1 attraction of staying at the Nouvata is the number of inviting cafés within a 2-minute walk in either direction along the esplanade from the hotel entrance, including:
- Hanoi Plage (26 18 02) – quaint, colourful and chic, for Vietnamese cuisine and DIY grills on the table. Indoors and street-side setting. 1-minute walk.
- Le Faré du Palm Beach (26 46 60) – cheery and perfect for people-watching. Big breakfasts, fresh salads, homemade burgers, waffles and ice cream. 1-minute walk.
- Le Bilboquet Plage (26 46 60) – upstairs at the back of the Galeria Palm Beach shops. Long-established, vast menu, reasonable prices and family-friendly. Great for trying traditional food, such as Bougna Chicken. 1-minute walk.
- Pizza & Pasta (24 30 70) – also salads, wraps and risottos. Raised terrace for water views. Children’s menu, daily specials and takeaways. 2-minute walk.
- La Bodega del Mar – shares the same pier as Le Roof, but more affordable for tapas, pizza, cocktails and live music. 4-minute walk.
- Le Roof (25 07 00) – extraordinary setting on a pier above the water. Sumptuous décor and expensive seafood. Intimate and romantic. Sunsets guaranteed; sometimes dolphins below. 4-minute walk.
- Market or Grocery: 2 well-stocked minimarts are about 600m along the main road into Anse Vata, just up from the Hôtel Le Lagon.
Right outside the entrance to the Nouvata is a bus stop for services 10, 11 and 70 to the city centre – some via the neighbouring beach at Baie des Citrons.
Nouvata – The Hotel
- Best Hotels in New Caledonia
- Best Family Hotels in New Caledonia
- Hotel Beaurivage – Review
- Casa del Sole – Review
- Chateau Royal Beach Resort & Spa – Review
- Gondwana Hotel – Review
- Hilton Noumea La Promenade Residences – Review
- Hôtel du Centre – Review
- Hôtel New Caledonia – Review
- Hôtel Le Lagon – Review
- Le Méridien Noumea Resort & Spa – Review
- Hôtel Le Paris – Review
- Les Cases de Plum – Review
- L’Escapade Island Resort – Review
- Marina Beach Residence – Review
- Ramada Hotel & Suites – Review