Updated: August 6, 2018
Residence Marina Beach – Cosy, relaxed, and much nicer and better value than a hotel.
Each room features an agreeable individual décor, as well as kitchen facilities and a delightful lounge area, but views are minimal because windows basically face other buildings. Along a suburban street only 50m from a main road that becomes the esplanade, this feels so unlike a hotel – exemplified by the plethora of Buddhist art on the walls and traditional statues in the gardens. Other advantages are proximity (200m) to the beach; the bus stop outside for services to the city centre; friendly English-speaking owner; and number of top-notch eateries and bars in the immediate area.
Residence Marina Beach – The Basics
- Location: 4 Rue Auguste Page, just off the far northern end of the esplanade that runs along Baie des Citrons, a suburb of Noumea on the main island. Less than 4km from the city centre; about 45 minutes from the international airport; and around 15 minutes from the domestic airport.
- Guests: Caters well for couples and small groups of all ages. Particularly welcoming for single travellers, especially for longer stays, but seems less inviting for families.
- Beach: The beach at Baie des Citrons is about 200m away. The sand is white and the water is calm, but it’s reasonably noisy because of the esplanade running alongside. A better beach is at Anse Vata, especially around Le Méridien, about 3km to the south and accessible by bus.
- Views: None. Some windows are frosted to provide privacy because they overlook other buildings very close by.
- Wi-Fi Internet: Not free, but daily charges are not as outrageous as other hotels.
- Parking: No off-street parking.
- Phone: (687) 28 76 33
- Email: [email protected]
- Website: https://www.marinabeach.nc/fr/
- How to Book: Booking.com will have the best rates. Use the website specific to your language, currency, and home-country for easiest use: UK • USA • Français • Deutsch • Nederlands.
Residence Marina Beach – Amenities
- Pool, Spa & Fitness Center: Not expected or provided at a boutique lodge like this.
- Private Pools/Jacuzzis: None have private pools, but Spa Rooms contain a Jacuzzi.
Residence Marina Beach – Food and Drink
- Restaurant & Bar: A place of this type and size will not have a restaurant or bar, and all apartments feature a kitchen.
- Breakfast & Room Service: Not provided because all rooms have kitchen facilities.
Residence Marina Beach – Rooms
- Room Types: Spa Rooms • Studios and other rooms with 1 bedroom • 1 room with 2 bedrooms • Another with 3 bedrooms
- Smoking Rooms: No smoking anywhere in the hotel.
- Best Room: Rooms are fairly similar inside, although a couple do have 2 or 3 bedrooms. The décor differs in each room, and none have notable views. The best are the Spa Rooms with a Jacuzzi. Those further down the corridor, away from the road and lobby, will be quieter.
Residence Marina Beach – What’s Nearby?
Restaurants & Bars
- Texas Grill (26 16 99) – about 100m around the corner, away from the beach. Thick steaks and thin paninis. English-speaking and family-friendly. 1-minute walk.
- MV Lounge (27 46 46) – unbeatable location on the beach, barely 200m away. Sit on beanbags and almost touch the waves. Tapas, cocktails, trendy DJs until late and breakfast for hangovers. 2-minute walk.
- La Fiesta (26 21 33) – next to the Beaurivage for pizza, coffee, salads, tapas and classy live music. 3-minute walk.
- Nathalie’s Bar/Café – at Hotel Beaurivage, about 300m down the esplanade. Local cuisine and the usual burgers, wraps and salads. Also buffet breakfast, pasta and takeaways. 4-minute walk.
- Oncle Hô (24 06 62) – authentic Vietnamese, complete with rickshaw among the tables. Also for cocktails, interesting desserts, seafood and coffee. In a building with several other delightful cafés and bars about 500m south along the esplanade. 7-minute walk.
- Market or Grocery: A handy little grocery is just around the corner.
Buses leave frequently from outside the front door of the hotel to the city centre and better beach at Anse Vata.
Residence Marina Beach – The Hotel
- Best Hotels in New Caledonia
- Best Family Hotels in New Caledonia
- Hotel Beaurivage – Review
- Casa del Sole – Review
- Chateau Royal Beach Resort & Spa – Review
- Gondwana Hotel – Review
- Hilton Noumea La Promenade Residences – Review
- Hôtel du Centre – Review
- Hôtel New Caledonia – Review
- Hôtel Le Lagon – Review
- Le Méridien Noumea Resort & Spa – Review
- Hôtel Le Paris – Review
- Les Cases de Plum – Review
- L’Escapade Island Resort – Review
- Nouvata Hotel – Review
- Ramada Hotel & Suites – Review