Marina Beach Residence – Cozy, relaxed, and much nicer and better value than a hotel.
Each room features an agreeable individual décor, as well as kitchen facilities and a delightful lounge area, but views are minimal because windows basically face other buildings. Along a suburban street close to the main road that becomes the esplanade, this feels so unlike a hotel – exemplified by the Buddhist art on the walls and traditional statues in the gardens. Other advantages are proximity to the beach, the bus stop outside for services to the city center, friendly English-speaking owner, and number of top-notch eateries and bars in the immediate area.
Marina Beach Residence – The Basics
- Location: 4 Rue Auguste Page, just off the far northern end of the esplanade that runs along Baie des Citrons, a suburb of Noumea on the main island. Less than 4 km from the city center, about 45 minutes from the international airport, and around 15 minutes from the domestic airport.
- Guests: Caters well for couples and small groups of all ages. Particularly welcoming for single travelers, especially for longer stays, but seems less inviting for families.
- Beach: The beach at Baie des Citrons is about 200m away. The sand is white and the water is calm, but it’s reasonably noisy because of the esplanade running alongside. A better beach is at Anse Vata, especially around Le Méridien, about 3 km to the south and accessible by bus.
- Views: None. Some windows are frosted to provide privacy because they overlook other buildings very close by.
- WiFi: Not free, but daily charges are not as outrageous as other hotels.
- Parking: No off-street parking.
- How to Book: Booking.com will have the best rates.
- Phone: (687) 287 633
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: marinabeach.nc
Marina Beach Residence – Amenities
- Pool, Spa, & Fitness Center: Not expected or provided at a boutique lodge like this.
- Private Pools/Jacuzzis: None have private pools, but Spa Rooms come with jacuzzis.
Marina Beach Residence – Food and Drink
- Restaurant & Bar: A place of this type and size will not have a restaurant or bar, and all apartments feature kitchens.
- Breakfast & Room Service: Not provided because all rooms have kitchen facilities.
Marina Beach Residence – Rooms
- Room Types: Spa Room • Studio and other room with 1 bedroom • 1 room with 2 bedrooms • Another with 3 bedrooms
- Smoking Rooms: No smoking anywhere in the hotel.
- Best Room: Rooms are fairly similar inside, although a couple do have 2 or 3 bedrooms. The décor differs in each room, and none have notable views. The best are the Spa Rooms with jacuzzis. Those further down the corridor, away from the road and lobby, will be quieter.
Marina Beach Residence – What’s Nearby?
Best Nearby Restaurants & Bars
- Texas Grill – About 100m around the corner, away from the beach. Thick steaks and thin paninis. English-speaking and family-friendly.
- MV Lounge – Unbeatable location on the beach, barely 200m away. Sit on beanbags and almost touch the waves. Tapas, cocktails, trendy DJs until late, and breakfast for hangovers.
- The Beach House – Next to the Hotel Beaurivage for pizza, coffee, salads, tapas, and classy live music.
- Oncle Hô – Authentic Vietnamese, complete with rickshaw among the tables. Also, cocktails, interesting desserts, seafood, and coffee. In a building with several other delightful cafés and bars about 500m south along the esplanade.
Nearby Market or Grocery
- A handy little grocery store is just around the corner.
- Buses leave frequently from outside the front door of the hotel to the city center and better beach at Anse Vata.
Marina Beach Residence – The Hotel
All New Caledonia Hotel Reviews
- Best Hotels in New Caledonia
- Best Hotels for Families in New Caledonia
- Where to Stay in New Caledonia
- Best Time to Visit New Caledonia
- Best Hotels in Bora Bora
- Best Hotels for Families in Bora Bora
- Where to Stay in Bora Bora
- Best Time to Visit Bora Bora
- Fiji Travel Guide
- Best Hotels in Fiji
- Best Hotel for Families in Fiji
- Tahiti Travel Guide
- Best Hotels in Tahiti
- Best Hotels for Families in Tahiti
- Best Hotels in Tonga
- Best Hotels for Families in Tonga
- Best Hotels in Vanuatu
- Best Hotels for Families in Vanuatu