Hotel Nikko Bali Benoa Beach – Family-friendly, with a traditional design and terrific location.
This truly appealing resort features staff dressed in Balinese clothes, corridors lined with traditional sculptures, and rooms and gardens more tastefully designed than other resorts. The spacious Deluxe Rooms feature a modern Balinese décor, spa baths, and small patios/balconies. Only the pricier Ocean View Suites offer any glimpses of the sea. The beachside lagoon-shaped pool with swim-up bar is enticing and the young ones would relish the colorful kids club. About halfway along the peninsula, the Nikko is surrounded by shops and cafés, and is adjacent to a major water sports center. This does, however, affect the tranquility of the resort beach, though a section of the sea is cordoned off for swimming.
Hotel Nikko Bali Benoa Beach – The Location
- Area: Facing the beach in a terrific position midway along the peninsula. Plenty of facilities within walking distance.
- Address: JL. Pratama No. 68X, the main road through Tanjung Benoa, a quieter resort region in southern Bali.
- How to Get There: The only way to/from the airport is by metered taxi or chartered car with a driver. This takes about 20 minutes (13 km via the tollway), depending on traffic.
Hotel Nikko Bali Benoa Beach – The Basics
- Guests: Caters well to families and also to couples.
- Kids Club: The Cening Kids lub is bright and inviting. In a spacious room, it offers a variety of educational activities and classes in culture all day every day.
- Beach: Large number of tempting lounge chairs across the white sand and cordoned-off area in the calm water for swimming. But hard to escape the noise of jet-skis and other boats.
- Views: Almost all rooms overlook the gardens, despite proximity to the beach. The exceptions are the Ocean View Suites, but views are distant and not direct. Some Deluxe Rooms face a neighboring resort.
- Private Pools/Jacuzzis: Deluxe Rooms feature jacuzzis. None of the accommodations have private pools.
- Extras: Free shuttle bus services to Kuta.
- Parking: Enough free and secure parking spaces at the lobby area, but think long and hard before driving anywhere in Bali.
- How to Book: Booking.com will have the best rates.
- Phone: +62 (0)361 773 577
- Email: [email protected]
- Website: hotelnikkobali-benoabeach.com
Hotel Nikko Bali Benoa Beach – Amenities
- Pool: Main lagoon-shaped pool faces the beach, with a swim-up bar and shady palms. Special area for the children.
- Spa: The Biwana Spa fuses modern needs and traditional methods through its selection of treatments for the body and face. Also, yoga classes.
- Fitness Center: Next to the spa, it is well-equipped and faces the pool and beach.
- For Families: Baby-sitting. Cots.
- Activities: Yoga classes. Bicycle rental.
- Other Facilities: Moneychanger. Medical clinic. Internet center. Boutiques.
Hotel Nikko Bali Benoa Beach – Food and Drink
- Restaurants: By the C Bar Lounge – All-day dining by the sea (geddit?). Focuses on seafood and popular with families for pizza. • Grand Benoa Resto – Authentic Indonesian, including rijstaffel (shared plates of Indonesian food) for couples. Breakfast is also served here. • Bali Luna – Chic décor and contemporary cuisine. Also popular for the extensive wine list and garden setting. • Giorgio Italian Ristorante Pizzeria – Ultra-classy and comparatively pricey Italian, with terrace setting and attentive service. Dinner only.
- Bars: Aloha Pool Bar – Alongside the main lagoon-shaped pool, offering happy hours and signature cocktails. • Samudera Lounge & Bar – Refined décor, cocktails, light meals, and mouth-watering desserts. Soothing live music on most nights.
- Breakfast: Included in most rates, but this depends on how the room was booked.
- Room Service: Available 24 hours a day.
Hotel Nikko Bali Benoa Beach – Rooms
- Room Types: Deluxe Room • Deluxe Garden Room • Deluxe Ocean Room • Family Room • Ocean View Suite • Ocean View Suite Premier • Ocean View Suite Premier Family • Ocean Front Suite • Ocean Front Rooftop Suite • List of all Rooms
- Smoking Rooms: Not permitted in the rooms or restaurants/bars, but okay anywhere else.
- Best Room: As luxurious and spectacular as the name suggests, the Ocean Front Rooftop Suites are 3 times larger than the Deluxe Rooms. Added attractions are the traditional bale huts on the balconies and open-air bathrooms.
- For Families: All rooms can squeeze in extra single beds. Designated Family Rooms can comfortably accommodate families of 4, while the Ocean View Suites Premier Family fit 5.
Hotel Nikko Bali Benoa Beach – Local Transport
- Walking & Cycling: Almost everything required is within walking distance. The main road is long, flat, and comparatively quiet, and bicycles are available for hire at the resort.
- Cars, Motorbikes, & Taxis: There is no public transport in the area. To reach attractions within southern Bali, metered taxis are cheap and comfortable. Driving a car anywhere in Bali is not recommended, but cars can be rented from a few agencies along the main road, while motorbikes are not as easy to rent as they are elsewhere. For longer distances, hire a car with a driver through the hotel.
- Local Shuttle Buses: No shuttle bus company offers services to/from Tanjung Benoa, including the Kura-Kura Bus. About every hour during shopping time, a free shuttle bus (available to all) links major hotels in Tanjung Benoa with the Bali Collection mall in Nusa Dua (see below).
Hotel Nikko Bali Benoa Beach – What’s Nearby?
Best Nearby Restaurants & Bars
- Coco Bistro – Opposite the resort entrance. One in an island-wide chain of popular, reliable, and inexpensive cafés.
- The Tree International Pub & Restaurant – Jackfruit tree, outdoor and indoor seating, vintage photographs, and reggae music.
- Bumbu Bali Tanjung – Glorious traditional setting, authentic Balinese food, and cooking classes. 300m north of the resort.
- Mr Bob Beachfront Bar & Grill – Rare seaside setting, with fresh seafood, pork ribs, friendly staff, and live music. About 300m south down the road.
- Plenty of minimarts in both directions, but little else to excite shoppers. So take the free hourly shuttle bus from any resort in Tanjung Benoa to Bali Collection, a delightful outdoor mall in Nusa Dua with department stores, large souvenir shops, and abundant cafés.
- Tanjung Benoa is renowned as the epicenter in Bali for all sorts of activities on and above the water. These can arranged through the resort or at the major (and noisy) SMS Water Sports center, about 150m south.