Novotel Chamiers Road – More spacious, family-friendly, and affordable than many hotels in the inner city.
This Novotel offers exactly what is expected from this renowned chain of four-star hotels. Beyond the slightly unexciting concrete-and-glass exterior, the lobby is quite fashionable and the amenities are impressive – from the free use of computers at the lobby to the stunning rooftop pool with sweeping city views. The rooms and suites are comfortable, functional, and colorful, without being opulent, and can squeeze in families of four. Conveniently situated between the airport and downtown, Novotel provides more space, better value, and finer views than most rivals in the city center. Additionally, it’s close to several terrific cafés and a metro station with direct links to the city center, airport, and other transport hubs.
Novotel Chamiers Road – The Location
- Address: On Chamiers (Pasumpon Muthuramalinga Thevar) Road in an inner-city suburban area called Anna Salai or Nandanam.
- Nearest Metro: Nandanam metro station is 600m from the hotel.
- Area: Faces a busy main road, but it’s on the edge of an affluent residential area, so some classy shops and cafés are nearby.
- How to Get There: There are efficient pre-paid taxi counters at the domestic and international airports; the trip takes about 35 minutes (10 km). (Uber and Ola seem to be off-limits there.) The hotel is linked by metro to the airport, Central and Egmore train terminals, and CMBT (Koyambedu) bus station. See Local Transport below for more information.
Novotel Chamiers Road – The Basics
- Guests: Mostly business people from across India and elsewhere, but quite a few tourists, too.
- Views: As the only high-rise in the area, views are more sweeping than at many other city hotels. Rooms to the front face the main road, but windows are very well soundproofed.
- Private Pools/Jacuzzis: Not really expected (or provided) at this sort of suburban business-style hotel.
- Extras: Daily newspaper delivered to most rooms.
- How to Book: Booking.com will have the best rates.
- Phone: +91 (0)44 2430 2333
- Email: H9636-RE@accor.com
- Website: all.accor.com
Novotel Chamiers Road – Amenities
- Pool: Could become a little crowded at times, but the setting on the rooftop is superb. However, limited space means not enough sunbeds.
- Spa: None.
- Fitness Center: On the rooftop and facing the pool, it’s decent-sized and well-equipped.
- For Families: Baby-sitting.
- Other Facilities: Free use of computers. Laundry. Boutiques. Business services.
Novotel Chamiers Road – Food and Drink
- Restaurant & Bar: Food Exchange – Wide selection of contemporary Indian and western food. Open-plan kitchen and children’s menu. • Gourmet Bar – Casual and popular meeting spot for locals. Meals available and live music on some nights.
- Breakfast: Not included in the rates, but available for an extra charge.
- Room Service: Available 24/7, but a limited menu overnight.
Novotel Chamiers Road – Rooms
- Room Types: Superior Rooms (Twin or King Beds) • Premier Rooms (Twin or King Beds) • Executive Suites • List of all Rooms
- Smoking Rooms: Smoking is allowed in some rooms.
- Best Room: Executive Suites feature separate living areas and tend to be on higher floors, offering superior views.
- For Families: All types of accommodations can fit families of 4 (which is quite unusual), but it could be a tight squeeze. There’s more space in the Executive Suites.
Novotel Chamiers Road – Local Transport
- Walking: Faces a busy road, so it’s not a great area for walking, especially with the broken sidewalks, but plenty of interesting shops and cafés nearby.
- Public Transport: The metro offers services to both airport terminals, the major train and bus stations, and the city center. The nearest metro stations – Nandanam – is 600m away.
- Taxis & Auto-rickshaws: The black-and-yellow taxis at the airport are nowhere to be seen in the city. Instead, they have been replaced by the app-based Uber and Ola. Plenty of auto-rickshaws around but the drivers won’t use meters, so they usually cost more than Uber or Ola.
Novotel Chamiers Road – What’s Nearby?
Best Nearby Restaurants & Bars
About 200m east of the hotel is a major junction with a flyover. Just up that road and within 100m of each other are:
- Café Coffee Day – One in a countrywide chain of reliable cafés selling drinks and light meals. (200m).
- Ambrosia Café & Bakery – Delicious baked items. The attached café serves Korean fare. (250m).
- Hokkaido Japanese Restaurant – Award-winning cuisine and authentic décor at pleasing prices. (250m).
- About 500m from the Novotel, past the junction with the flyover, is a prominent Starbucks on a corner. About 50m up the side-street from the Starbucks, Tryst Gourmet is an adorable café, patisserie, and supermarket.
- Barely 50m past the Starbucks, and sharing the same building as each other, are a Subway and Fries Station, a delightful but tiny restaurant serving western and Indian food at very low prices.
- A few shops along both sides of the main road near the Novotel, but almost entirely for locals. Opposite the Crowne Plaza hotel 800m to the east, the Amma Naana supermarket sells tasty food items rarely seen elsewhere in the city. (600m).
Novotel Chamiers Road – The Hotel
All Chennai Hotel Reviews
- Ambassador Pallava
- Avenue 11 Boutique Residences
- Courtyard by Marriott
- Crowne Plaza Adyar Park
- E Hotel
- Grand Chennai
- Hyatt Regency
- La Woods Hotel
- Radisson Blu City Centre
- Raintree, Anna Salai
- Residency Towers
- Taj Club House
- Taj Connemara
- The Residency
- Best Hotels in Agra
- Where to Stay in Agra
- Best Hotels in Bengaluru
- Where to Stay in Bengaluru
- Best Hotels in Delhi
- Where to Stay in Delhi
- Best Hotels in Goa
- Best Family Hotels in Goa
- Where to Stay in Goa
- Best Hotels in Jaipur
- Where to Stay in Jaipur
- Best Hotels in Jodhpur
- Where to Stay in Jodhpur
- Best Hotels in Kolkata
- Where to Stay in Kolkata
- Best Hotels in Mumbai
- Where to Stay in Mumbai